Maximum Ride

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Re: Maximum Ride

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:01 am

I kinda got the feeling that Patterson was heading in that direction. After all, how do you think Iggy will react when/if he learns that Max turned down the doctor's offer to give him new eyes to see? I don't think he'll be very happy with that. I'm sure that if that were to happen not even Gazzy would make him see sense.

Do you think that Max will finally start trusting Jeb? It certainly seemed like it in Fang. I also wonder how the whole Fang/Max/Dylan thing is going to go now that Fang is gone. Will Patterson ever bring him back you think?

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:40 am

I don't think Patterson could get rid of Fang - all the Fang-irls would not be happy. :laughing:

I'd forgotten about Max's refusal to help Iggy get his sight back - more fuel for the fire! :laughing:
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Cat Moon wrote:I don't think Patterson could get rid of Fang - all the Fang-irls would not be happy. :laughing:

True, but I do find it rather annoying when an author makes a character leave and make it seem like that character will never come back and then he does! The same goes for killing off a character and then bringing that character back to life with no reasonable explanation (ex: Ari). Actually, he did the same thing with Fang!

I'd forgotten about Max's refusal to help Iggy get his sight back - more fuel for the fire! :laughing:

Well, I think she was tempted to help him, but that meant siding with that doctor, and that was something she wasn't willing to do.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeah, Fang will definitely come back because it would just be ridiculous if he didn't. (And yeah, the Fang-girls would be murderous. *is a Fang-girl*)

But I get what you're saying about bringing him back after making such a big deal out of his leaving. I mean, he put Max through so much pain and emotional distress by leaving, with the letter and everything, so if he came back so soon, she wouldn't just let him come back immediately, she'd be like "What the hell is wrong with you?!" But she'll still have to forgive him eventually and it'll have to be soon because if they spend too much time apart then they'll start falling for other people.
Speaking of which, I hate Dylan. He was ok when he was just hanging out doing nothing, but once he edged Fang out, he really got on my nerves. And now apparently Max is "starting to believe that he might be her perfect other half" according to the description of the new book. And that is just really annoying.

Cat Moon wrote:Wow, I just had a weird thought - what would happen if Iggy turned dark? That'd be so freaky. Of all of the Flock, I can't help feeling that he's the most on edge, and most likely to 'join the Dark side', as it were. Evil!Iggy...that would be so weird...in a kind of cool way. :shiny:

That would actually be so much better than the whole "Angel is always going back and forth to the dark side" stuff. And it does seem so possible because he is just really angry and fed up lately. That also makes a perfect reasn for the book to be called IGGY!! But of course, they had to not do that, didn't they. Freaking Angel. So maybe after the ANGEL book, it will be an Iggy one, and he'll turn dark-side. I don't think Max ever told him that the doctor was going to offer him sight, so once he finds out that it's a possibility and that she lied to him about it, then he'd definitely turn evil. Of course, would they really wait a whole other book for him to figure out that that was an option. Bad planning on JP's part.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:31 pm

lotrfan wrote:Speaking of which, I hate Dylan. He was ok when he was just hanging out doing nothing, but once he edged Fang out, he really got on my nerves. And now apparently Max is "starting to believe that he might be her perfect other half" according to the description of the new book. And that is just really annoying.

Even though I was a strict Faxness (that's Fang/Max) shipper before I read this book, I can't really blame Dylan. It's not his fault that he was created in the first place and when he "edged Fang out", he was just doing what he was been designed to do: protect Max. He was obvious that he cared for Max a great deal and that he just wanted her to be safe, but in the end he seemed to accept that fact that Max would "always" love Fang. I believe he wants what's best for her and he wants her to be happy, even if that means she ends up with Fang and not him.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:09 pm

bluesunrise wrote:
lotrfan wrote:Speaking of which, I hate Dylan. He was ok when he was just hanging out doing nothing, but once he edged Fang out, he really got on my nerves. And now apparently Max is "starting to believe that he might be her perfect other half" according to the description of the new book. And that is just really annoying.

Even though I was a strict Faxness (that's Fang/Max) shipper before I read this book, I can't really blame Dylan. It's not his fault that he was created in the first place and when he "edged Fang out", he was just doing what he was been designed to do: protect Max. He was obvious that he cared for Max a great deal and that he just wanted her to be safe, but in the end he seemed to accept that fact that Max would "always" love Fang. I believe he wants what's best for her and he wants her to be happy, even if that means she ends up with Fang and not him.

But if he had wanted her to be happy and just accept that she wanted to be with Fang, then he shouldn't have convinced Fang that he should leave. He should have just let them be happy together.
He plays the innocent happy-go-lucky guy card, but whenever he talks to Fang, he is always acting so weird and bossy-ish, like he wants to be in charge of him or something. He gets like an attitude, which kind of puts a shadow across the whole nice-guy demeanor, and makes him seem like he is aware of what the doctor's doing and that he might be in on it.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:33 pm

lotrfan wrote:
bluesunrise wrote:

But if he had wanted her to be happy and just accept that she wanted to be with Fang, then he shouldn't have convinced Fang that he should leave. He should have just let them be happy together.
He plays the innocent happy-go-lucky guy card, but whenever he talks to Fang, he is always acting so weird and bossy-ish, like he wants to be in charge of him or something. He gets like an attitude, which kind of puts a shadow across the whole nice-guy demeanor, and makes him seem like he is aware of what the doctor's doing and that he might be in on it.

I think a great way to solve the problem would just have the two of them duke it out. I mean, while reading the book I was constantly hoping that Fang would finally snap and kick Dylan's ass. He grew on me, and then near the end just plain annoyed me.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 pm

ILiveForTheDay wrote:I think a great way to solve the problem would just have the two of them duke it out. I mean, while reading the book I was constantly hoping that Fang would finally snap and kick Dylan's ass. He grew on me, and then near the end just plain annoyed me.

Yes! That's what I was hoping would happen before Fang even came out! I was hoping that Dylan would "kill" Fang, but then later Fang comes back and totally kicks Dylan's butt. That would be so awesome, and it can still happen.

Also, this is off that topic, but I was re-watching the Lockdown episode of House the other day...and long story short, lockdowns are so amazing. (Chase/Cameron) So I was thinking that it would be awesome if lockdowns happened in everything, and I was thinking about MR. Wouldn't it be great if Max and Fang both got captured and locked in a room together after not seeing each other for however long it's been...Things could happen. (or they could just talk and not be completely furious with each other anymore, but not exactly make up either, just enough so that they can work together...but of course eventually they'd have to make up) I really want to write a fan-fic about this...
(I was also really hoping for a lockdown in Atlantis in TAC. Lockdown's are just so much fun!)

Anyway...I also wanted to show you a supposedly new cover for the next MR book...

Spoiler:
ImageImage Image

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Looks awesome, lotrfan! But...Angel's seven, right? So is that Max or something? *is confused*

Oh, I'd love a lockdown! You could switch between the characters, so in one its all calm, in the other they're screaming - that'd work so well in Patterson's short chapters.

ILiveForTheDay wrote:I think a great way to solve the problem would just have the two of them duke it out. I mean, while reading the book I was constantly hoping that Fang would finally snap and kick Dylan's ass. He grew on me, and then near the end just plain annoyed me.

Definitely. Definitely, definitely. Because Fang snapping would possibly be the scariest thing ever. (Has he snapped before? I don't think he has...I don't remember). It's always the quiet ones...or not so quiet in the last couple.
That actually annoyed me a little. In the first two books, Fang was really silent, which made him interesting to me. Now he blurts everything out, so you know what he's thinking,m rather than having to read between the lines.

I live life to the Iggy. Not the Max. :laughing:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Cat Moon wrote:Looks awesome, lotrfan! But...Angel's seven, right? So is that Max or something? *is confused*

Oh, I'd love a lockdown! You could switch between the characters, so in one its all calm, in the other they're screaming - that'd work so well in Patterson's short chapters.

Definitely. Definitely, definitely. Because Fang snapping would possibly be the scariest thing ever. (Has he snapped before? I don't think he has...I don't remember). It's always the quiet ones...or not so quiet in the last couple.
That actually annoyed me a little. In the first two books, Fang was really silent, which made him interesting to me. Now he blurts everything out, so you know what he's thinking,m rather than having to read between the lines.

I live life to the Iggy. Not the Max. :laughing:

LOLOLLLLL. I. Love. It.
Spoiler:

It's ALIVE.

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:58 am

Wow, did you just make that?! Wow! That is so cool! I am very very very very impressed, ILiveForTheDay!

That is just the coolest thing ever, with the exception possibly of Iggy himself. And even then I'm not sure. :laughing:

~Moist von Lipwig

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:38 am

Cat Moon wrote:Wow, did you just make that?! Wow! That is so cool! I am very very very very impressed, ILiveForTheDay!

That is just the coolest thing ever, with the exception possibly of Iggy himself. And even then I'm not sure. :laughing:

Aww, thanks. Though you shouldn't be that impressed. It took me about ten seconds. I love Fotoflexer

It's ALIVE.

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:26 pm

I still think it's really cool! And I think you're downplaying. It is so awesome!

Back on topic...I'd really like to see the Flock just sorting themselves out, without other villains getting in the way. I'd like to see the issues resolved, so Dylan, Angel, Fang, and the matter of their families, with maybe hints of a villain, so that they're a cohesive unit ready to take on the most evil of all evils. :laughing:

~Moist von Lipwig

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:56 pm

I reread Saving the World recently, and was quite disappointed by it.
Because I'm too lazy to post and reformat my review here, you can all go read it at my website. :P
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Cat Moon wrote:Looks awesome, lotrfan! But...Angel's seven, right? So is that Max or something? *is confused*

Yeah, I think that probably is supposed to be Max, but I don't know why Max would look that evil-ish...whatever. But yeah, a lockdown like that would be awesome! :laughing:

Cat Moon wrote:I still think it's really cool! And I think you're downplaying. It is so awesome!

Back on topic...I'd really like to see the Flock just sorting themselves out, without other villains getting in the way. I'd like to see the issues resolved, so Dylan, Angel, Fang, and the matter of their families, with maybe hints of a villain, so that they're a cohesive unit ready to take on the most evil of all evils. :laughing:

Nice poster ILive! I'm a Fang-girl myself. :lick:
That idea kind of reminds me of the second book, where they're not fighting a lot, but they're doing some real searching and stuff.

@Palagrin - I love STW. It's my favorite one!
ImageImage Image

Return to “Literature”