Maximum Ride

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Re: Maximum Ride

Postby Palagrin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Eh, the German accents were way to overplayed, and it's pretty repetitive.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey!! The other day I randomly came across this while on max-dan-wiz! It's the first 8 chapters of the new book!

http://www.jamespatterson.com/books_max ... p#excerpts

I spent over a month not knowing that this existed. They haven't given it any public attention, which is really odd and irritating.

So...Read it people! And let's discuss!
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:37 pm

I read it!

Spoiler:
That was certainly...interesting. I wonder what's going to happen next. I wonder what's going to happen to Angel (as the book is named after her.) Will Fang be back?

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:09 pm

On the new 7 chapters:

Spoiler:
One thing I really don't like is all the special abilities that the mutants are getting. I hate it when the authors turn their creations into super-superhumans. I'm just like 'What can't they do?'

Also Dylan's reaction at the end. . . That guy had a 'hopeful spark' in his eye when he was thinking of going at it with Max. I was a little 'Wai- What?'

But it looks like they're finally getting somewhere in the actual Saving of the World, so that could be really great. That part of the plot's been a long time in coming.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Yay! We read it! (I don't know why I put that in, but I felt like I had to have some kind of introduction to the spoiler...)
Spoiler:
I definitely think that Fang will come back. He has to. End of story.

And yeah, @bluesunrise - I don't know what Angel's big impact will be. I mean, what we'd expect her to do is turn evil and try to kill them all, etc. But she's already done that so many times, and they're even kind of like "Angel, are you going to turn evil again?" So that's kind of too obvious. Maybe she'll do some epic saving the world thing and then die.

ILiveForTheDay wrote:On the new 7 chapters:

Spoiler:
One thing I really don't like is all the special abilities that the mutants are getting. I hate it when the authors turn their creations into super-superhumans. I'm just like 'What can't they do?'

Also Dylan's reaction at the end. . . That guy had a 'hopeful spark' in his eye when he was thinking of going at it with Max. I was a little 'Wai- What?'

But it looks like they're finally getting somewhere in the actual Saving of the World, so that could be really great. That part of the plot's been a long time in coming.

Spoiler:
Yeah, if they just stop getting new powers it'd be ok.
Yeah, Dylan is really annoying. He's even more annoying now than he was before. He's just...I don't even know how to describe it...
ooh...I can totally see Angel/Dylan.

Oh yeah, also, doesn't this totally scream Max and Fang getting married? (Or is that just me?)
Seriously, if she "needs" to mate with someone, obviously it'll be Fang. She even said that eventually she had planned on marrying him.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:50 pm

When's the new book due, anyway?
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Palagrin wrote:When's the new book due, anyway?

February 14th. It's so soon! I can't wait!

There is also an excerpt up to chapter 23, but I didn't want to read it, because it's such a big chunk of the book, and I just want to wait, it's not that far away.
ImageImage Image

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I'm double-posting, but seriously, the last post was a month ago.

So, the new book is out. Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel.
Did anyone read it?

Well, here's what I think...

Spoiler:
Ok, so first of all, the ending. Why does James Patterson feel the need to leave us with annoying ending?! It's very frustrating. This ending wasn't as bad as the last one, but it just kind of ended in the middle of everything. Nothing was concluded at all. And Fang left again. I mean, obviously he'll come back again, but it's just so annoying.

For the most part, I liked the book. Dylan is really starting to annoy me though. In the beginning, I was kind of ok with it because Max hated him, but then when she started falling for him, that was just really annoying. And then they kissed so many times. They made out in Paris, at sunset. WTH?! Max and Fang never made out in the most romantic city, at sunset. So I feel like I can't even tell how this is going to end. Everything inside of me is almost positive that she'll end up with Fang, but then there's a little thing that saying that it's also likely she won't. So I don't know. You would think that JP would never do that to us fans, right? But...I just don't know. And it's really irritiating me that I don't. I mean, their interactions (Max and Fang) didn't go exactly how I was envisioning. I did like how he freaked out when he found out that she was supposed to go mate with Dylan.

Anyway, moving on. I like Fang's new group. They don't annoy me like I thought they would, probably because none of them are trying to become new love-interests for him. Except I don't know what the deal is with Max's clone, I mean, what their relationship is. And that's kind of ridiculous that he is working with her. Whe I read that, I was just like, "Really, Fang? Really?!"

Also, when he was at Comic-Con, it actually mentioned "Haruhi" by name (from Ouran High School Host Club), and that just made my day when I read that. XD

So...there's only one book left in the entire series, and it comes out next year. Like, I said, I don't really know how it's going to end, but I still think that it's almost positive she'll end up with Fang. So maybe Dylan will die. Of course, I don't want her to end up with Fang just because he's the only one left or something. But I think they'll eventually realize that they're being idiots. I still want them to get married, but I doubt that will happen now, because if they do get back together, it will probably be in the end, and by then it's probably too late to get married. Of course, I guess it could still hapen. Maybe that will be the answer to their problems, you know, something like, "Maybe we should make sure that we can never leave each other again. Let's get married." (I don't know. I can see it happening. :P )

So,yeah...
Also, Before, I was really wanting Angel to die, but you know, now that she actually almost did, (and the fact that she wasn't acting like a megalomaniac) I actually don't want her to die, cause that would jsut be really...I don't kow...weird? Cruel? Maybe...
ImageImage Image

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 am

Is it out in the UK already?

Anyway, is your spoilered review spoilery, or can I read it before the book...?

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Palagrin wrote:Is it out in the UK already?

Anyway, is your spoilered review spoilery, or can I read it before the book...?

I'm not sure if it's in the UK yet. I would think it is. (looking at waterstones website, I guess it isn't...)
And yeah, it is spoilery, so you probably shouldn't read it...
ImageImage Image

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Looks like it'll be out next week sometime. I won't buy it, I'll just get it from my school library.

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 am

My school library doesn't have it yet. :(

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:07 pm

That sucks! Yeah, I guess libraries don't get new books immediately. I don't know how long it takes them though, probably a while...I want to know your thoughts guys! :(
ImageImage Image

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Well, it isn't OUT yet in the UK, so it might take a month or so for my Library to get it.

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:15 am

I'm in Australia.... It'll be like September/October before we get it... I'm not even joking :(... I read the spoiler because honestly I'm just sick of waiting x_x
We all have a dark side...

Spoiler:
That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That shite moment in an argument when you realise you are wrong...

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':

But you love me XD

Return to “Literature”