Maximum Ride

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
lotrfan
Commander

Re: Maximum Ride

Postby lotrfan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah, that really sucks. Why do they have such different release dates? Even AF wasn't that far apart, that was only a month, from UK to US at least.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:07 am

Yeah, even then Australia was a couple of months behind :(...

It's because our government wont let us import books; we have to 'support' our publishers and buy their overpriced books in order to 'support our economy'... The only freaking thing we're supporting is raising taxes, unfair prices, and bookseller CEO's going home with outrageous pay checks..

It isn't fair, but unfortunately, not enough people are willing to stand up and fight against this law, so we will continue to wait months and pay maybe 30% more than what we should be paying.
We all have a dark side...

Spoiler:
That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That shite moment in an argument when you realise you are wrong...

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':

But you love me XD

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 am

Man, that's kind of ridiculous. Do they let you order books from other countries, just individually?
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Actually, the publishing industry isn't AS big as you would think, I'm told.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 pm

I'm not sure I want to even read the new book. The series started out really well, but went drastically downhill around book 4 and there is no way JP could save it now.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:48 pm

I reread the first three books and wasn't as impressed second time round. It definitely suffers from lack of direction.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Finished Angel, finally.

Spoiler:
Kill humans? Produce good earth? Just. . . what? This light group thing (that should've been introduced way back rather than all these random, pointless bad guys) just was crazy, although at least the books seem to finally be getting somewhere.
Fax/Mylan whatever. Couldn't care less. And that's coming from a hardcore romantic.
Only real thing of interest- is Angel going to be coming back as a baddie? I think JP might go the SC route (Peeta) and have Angel's mind 'experimented' on.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm

ILiveForTheDay wrote:Finished Angel, finally.

Spoiler:
Kill humans? Produce good earth? Just. . . what? This light group thing (that should've been introduced way back rather than all these random, pointless bad guys) just was crazy, although at least the books seem to finally be getting somewhere.
Fax/Mylan whatever. Couldn't care less. And that's coming from a hardcore romantic.
Only real thing of interest- is Angel going to be coming back as a baddie? I think JP might go the SC route (Peeta) and have Angel's mind 'experimented' on.

Spoiler:
Yeah...idk. I really remember it much, but the group mind-controlling was pretty screwed up. And Ella...I don't know what's with her, or if she'll actually come back with wings, or what.
I hate Dylan, he's just really annoying. He wasn't too bad at first, but now that they're just making out everywhere I hate him.

The Angel thing, that would be interesting. I feel like that's happened before though, like Angel's always coming back altered and stuff. I also feel like he's made Angel a bad guy so much already, that I don't think he'll do it again. Unless it's like a really hardcore kind of evil, which would be nice to see.
ImageImage Image

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Nah, she's already been evilified way too much. He should stop.

In fact, I'm just glad the next novel will be the last.

fullmetalflame
Swear Toad

Postby fullmetalflame » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Well angel being who she is and basically wanting to mind-control everything
and besides she's only seven years old
but the whole issue now with the maximum ride series is how max's relationship is going
now that she's with dylan and not fang, because fang left max for her clone, who renamed herself maya
and now that the doomsday group tried to blow up Paris, angel is in the hands of some unseen evil.
i think now is the best time to start placing bets, because now it could be angel vs. max, or max vs. some ultmate evil group thats been running Itex and csm and dr. gunter hagen and mr. chu all at the same time
or something equally terrifying.
"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
-500 year old giant lion turtle

Carefully watch your thoughts for they become your words.
Manage and watch your words, for they will become your actions.
Consider and judge your actions, for they have become your habits. Acknowledge and watch your habits, for they shall become your values. Understand and embrace your values, for they become your destiny.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
-Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist

fullmetalflame
Swear Toad

Postby fullmetalflame » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 am

ok so on the 6th, the final book comes out and we finally know who max will end up with.
"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
-500 year old giant lion turtle

Carefully watch your thoughts for they become your words.
Manage and watch your words, for they will become your actions.
Consider and judge your actions, for they have become your habits. Acknowledge and watch your habits, for they shall become your values. Understand and embrace your values, for they become your destiny.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
-Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist

Return to “Literature”