Animorphs by K. A. Applegate

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
Knarpulous
Mud Man
Real First Name: Jade

Re: Animorphs by K. A. Applegate

Postby Knarpulous » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah, I picked up most of them at yard sales/goodwill really cheap.

I always loved the Andalites. The Andalite and Hork-Bajir Chronicles were probably my favorite, because they explored the alien cultures. :laughing:

Invisible Ninja
Pixie

Postby Invisible Ninja » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Oh nice, yeah I got a few off eBay for fairly cheap.

Totally, I prolly liked the Andalite chronicles better just because of the relevance to the story while still doing stuff with aliens and Ellimist, but the Hork-Bajir chronicles were almost equally awesome. :D What do you think your favourite morph is?

Knarpulous
Mud Man

Postby Knarpulous » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh geez, I don't remember, It's been a while... Prolly a wolf or a tiger or a hawk. I would love to be able to just fly anywhere. :laughing:

Invisible Ninja
Pixie

Postby Invisible Ninja » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Totally, that would be so sweet. :D Tiger also was a good one. I liked peregrine falcon because of the speed, but hawk does get better efficiency in the air.. :-k When did you read the series last? And did you read Megamorphs? I haven't read those yet.. :(

Knarpulous
Mud Man

Postby Knarpulous » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 pm

I gave away my books probably 3 or 4 years ago... :( I had one of the Megamorphs books, they go back in time to the dinosaurs, and pretty much all I remember about it was there was some dumb technicality that didn't allow them to morph T-Rexes anymore...

Invisible Ninja
Pixie

Postby Invisible Ninja » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Knarpulous wrote:I gave away my books probably 3 or 4 years ago... :( I had one of the Megamorphs books, they go back in time to the dinosaurs, and pretty much all I remember about it was there was some dumb technicality that didn't allow them to morph T-Rexes anymore...

I'll bet you made someone very happy. ;) Sweet, sounds awesome, I really should read those.. :laughing:

wolfhowl
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby wolfhowl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:05 am

i know how u feel
when i turned 13 my mom made me take them to the library to make a donation!!!
but i know which book you're talkin bout
because they went back to regular time era they couldnt morph into dinos anymore

Daniel91
Swear Toad

Postby Daniel91 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:09 pm

I own all 54 of the books, and Megamorph #1. But I cannot seem to find the other books in book stores here.

BTW, there's a site that has all the Animorphs ebooks. Animorphsfanforum.com. They require initial 5 posts to access the ebooks, BTW.

Invisible Ninja
Pixie

Postby Invisible Ninja » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:32 pm

That forum looks ace! Are there many people there, and is it frequented much?

I also found an ebooks website, here: http://animorphsforum.com/ebooks/

Daniel91
Swear Toad

Postby Daniel91 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:55 am

Invisible Ninja wrote:That forum looks ace! Are there many people there, and is it frequented much?

Yup. It doesn't have as many posts as AFC, but it has a close-knit group of members, and I love the community there. Plus, they give away free e-Cokes every month!

Nice siggy and avatar, Ninja. I iz Star Wars fanz. :laughing:

Legend: Sarcasm colour :D

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Oohh, Animorphs. ^_^ They were one of my first big favorites; I read all of the books that I could get my hands on - but I'm pretty sure I haven't read all of them yet. I really liked(and still do) the Hork-Bajir Chronicles. They gave the backstory to a lot of things, so that was great, and I liked the story as well...yeah. I've been going back and rereading some of my old favorites lately, so that's one that I'm going to check out soon. :)

But yeah, Animorphs...they're still some of my favorites, but when I go back and read them, I realize how far I've come in how well I read since then. Which is okay, because I don't find myself reading in the Teen section too much, just because of how many Twilight-inspired books are there. :P
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

Invisible Ninja
Pixie

Postby Invisible Ninja » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:22 am

Daniel91 wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:That forum looks ace! Are there many people there, and is it frequented much?

Yup. It doesn't have as many posts as AFC, but it has a close-knit group of members, and I love the community there. Plus, they give away free e-Cokes every month!

Nice siggy and avatar, Ninja. I iz Star Wars fanz. :laughing:

Legend: Sarcasm colour :D

Nice. What's with the cokes, again? :laughing:

Thanx! Star Warz rockz!

Tyrison wrote:Oohh, Animorphs. ^_^ They were one of my first big favorites; I read all of the books that I could get my hands on - but I'm pretty sure I haven't read all of them yet. I really liked(and still do) the Hork-Bajir Chronicles. They gave the backstory to a lot of things, so that was great, and I liked the story as well...yeah. I've been going back and rereading some of my old favorites lately, so that's one that I'm going to check out soon. :)

But yeah, Animorphs...they're still some of my favorites, but when I go back and read them, I realize how far I've come in how well I read since then. Which is okay, because I don't find myself reading in the Teen section too much, just because of how many Twilight-inspired books are there. :P

Sweet, I'm glad people still like Animorphs! Lots of people I talk to say it's just immature or whatever. :P

And I know what you mean about the vampire novels.. :(

Daniel91
Swear Toad

Postby Daniel91 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Tyrison wrote:Oohh, Animorphs. ^_^ They were one of my first big favorites; I read all of the books that I could get my hands on - but I'm pretty sure I haven't read all of them yet. I really liked(and still do) the Hork-Bajir Chronicles. They gave the backstory to a lot of things, so that was great, and I liked the story as well...yeah. I've been going back and rereading some of my old favorites lately, so that's one that I'm going to check out soon. :)

Sweet, I'm glad people still like Animorphs! Lots of people I talk to say it's just immature or whatever. :P

Now, IMHO ,those why say that are immature. Animorphs has a lot of deeper themes which I did not understand when I was a kid. Now that when I re-read it, I understand the things in a whole new way. We even have a 27 year old at AFF who just rediscovered the series and now actively participates in Animorphs-related discussions.

Invisible Ninja wrote:And I know what you mean about the vampire novels.. :(

Yeah, Twilight is like the worst thing that happened to the fantasy genre. I couldn't even get through 3 pages of that torture.

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Daniel91 wrote:Now, IMHO ,those why say that are immature. Animorphs has a lot of deeper themes which I did not understand when I was a kid. Now that when I re-read it, I understand the things in a whole new way. We even have a 27 year old at AFF who just rediscovered the series and now actively participates in Animorphs-related discussions.

Yeah...there is some deeper stuff in them. I don't have any concrete examples, but yeah.

Daniel91 wrote:

Yeah, Twilight is like the worst thing that happened to the fantasy genre. I couldn't even get through 3 pages of that torture.

Ehh...I wouldn't say that it's Twilight itself(at least, not the first book, because it's not too bad(don't think I'm taking sides)), but it's all the other books that have sprung up since then. Wannabe-Twilights, I guess I would call them, because it's the same basic plotline. If it had just been Twilight and not all the other runoff books, it would have been fine, but...yeah. [/offtopic]

The only thing I never liked about Animorphs is the end. I absolutely hated when
Spoiler:
Rachel died
, and then when they went to save Ax and...well, you know the rest. I guess I was kind of disappointed with it...and I really disliked how Cassie chose to stay in the end. And how she and Jake just kind of...fell apart. *sighs* Bittersweet endings, I guess.

Which book(s) are your favorites, out of them all?

My favorite has probably always been book 36, The Mutation. ^^ It was suitably creepy, and I really liked it. :)
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

Daniel91
Swear Toad

Postby Daniel91 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Tyrison wrote:
Daniel91 wrote:

Ehh...I wouldn't say that it's Twilight itself(at least, not the first book, because it's not too bad(don't think I'm taking sides)), but it's all the other books that have sprung up since then. Wannabe-Twilights, I guess I would call them, because it's the same basic plotline. If it had just been Twilight and not all the other runoff books, it would have been fine, but...yeah. [/offtopic]

I won't comment on this. Sorry. Talking about that glittery vampire stuff will only bring out more hate from me. :spaced:

Tyrison wrote:The only thing I never liked about Animorphs is the end. I absolutely hated when
Spoiler:
Rachel died,
and then when they went to save Ax and...well, you know the rest. I guess I was kind of disappointed with it...and I really disliked how Cassie chose to stay in the end. And how she and Jake just kind of...fell apart. *sighs* Bittersweet endings, I guess.

First of all, that
Spoiler:
Rachel dies
should be spoilerized. I'd say that's a good thing. Although it's not applicable in case of Animorphs, some authors and subsequently their readers take the safety and well-being of the main characters for granted. It's like nothing bad will happen to the main characters, why bother? I like authors who are ready to kill off their main characters if the plot demands it. That said, I'm not justifying
Spoiler:
the death of Rachel
. The ending really left a lot to be desired.

Tyrison wrote:Which book(s) are your favorites, out of them all?

I'm hard-pressed to choose favourites. I like #17 The Underground as it was the first book I read. I also like the book in which they travel to the Leeran home world, the one in which they morph mosquitoes and get zapped into Z-space, the one in which a Sario Rip creates an alternate existence of the Animorphs, the one involving the Andalite toilet and the David trilogy. The final arc (45-54) is also super-awesome.

Return to “Literature”