HP 'shipping thread.

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

HP 'shipping thread.

Postby Kitsy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:53 am

Due to popular demand from the AF Talk Forum. Discuss all Harry Potter 'ships that take your fancy.

Let me just get my favourite one out there.
Sirius/Remus.
Oohh yeah.
Though Tonks/Remus is adorable too.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

xybolic
Pixie
Real First Name: Aji
AFC Fan Fiction Name: xybolic

Re: HP 'shipping thread.

Postby xybolic » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:41 am

Yay! It's here now!:D

Ah, Sirius/Remus. Back when I still ship slash, my favourite was Sirius/Remus. I grew tired of slash though, for some reason. So now, the only slash I like is Quirellmort, thanks to A Very Potter Musical. :laughing: As crack pairing only though.xD Well, maybe Grindelwald/Dumbledore as well. It's canon. :lick:

I also like Tonk/Remus. Some fans don't get it though. It came as a surprise, yes, but at some aspects, it makes sense. They got to spend a lot of time together in OotP, I reckon, but it wasn't seen by Harry, so maybe that's why people don't get it? They're always together in missions though.

Then there are Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione for me. I feel ominous stating this. As if there'll be a shipping war in the coming posts. :DDD Aaaaand, Lily/Snape. I can't help it. After seeing Snape's memory? A pity. Buuuut, I prefer Lily/James, because can you imagine what'll Harry look like if Snape's his dad? Haha. Kidding.

As for fanon couples: Draco/Ginny. It intrigues me (This is one reason, I think, why I like Artemis/Holly). But I like the canon couples more. Scorpius/Lily. A little hope for my Draco/Ginny dream.xD Luna/Harry. Luna/Ron. Luna's compatible with everyone!=P

---

And years ago, I found out that Hermione is shipped with everyone simply because she has a time-turner. Want her with Sirius or Remus without the squickiness? Go back to the marauders' era! Goodness, even with Voldemort! Ginny/Tom Riddle, I can still understand, but Hermione/Voldemort?

I rock
Pixie
Real First Name: Ponmathi
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Captain Grammar

Postby I rock » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Yeah, I used to love HP. I so used to ship Harry and Hermione then I decided against it because I got a life. Voldedore
Hermidore
Dumbleweasley
*giggles*
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I <3 The Blind Guardian....don't know what it is? GOOGLE TO DA RESCUE...
You can't spell Party without Arty....lolz
I <3 You
Yes, I mean you, you hunk...
AM I CREEPING YOU OUT YET?

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Is it just me or is Hermione shipped with Snape WAYYY too many times? I don't see it, I really don't.

I love Tonks/Remus because they're just so... cute, for lack of a better word. They seem like a real relationship and they lurrrveee each other and they're just good for each other. It's probably also because I love Lupin so much and it's good that he gets a little happiness in his life (even if he dies almost immediately after.)

Ahaha, lots of Lily/Snape. It's a cute pairing, but I prefer Sirius/Lily. Why? Because it would be scandalous.

I really don't mind Harry/Ginny, she's quite sweet. Draco/Ginny is better by far though. She's got a fiery enough personality to keep him on his toes! And I'm really glad that Draco doesn't marry his high-school sweetheart in TDH like everyone else, it's actually quite realistic.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Offt HP is still my favourite for shipping and I could take a while. I'll go through the slash first, because with HP I am more of a slasher. I do like Harry so he's in many of my ships. But you will notice that i have no OTP..although it could be the first one I mention. I think that's because the het relationships (with the exception of arthur and molly and Bill and Fleur) tend to be rubbish. In other things (Like Ugly Betty) I'm a complete het shipper.

First ship was Harry/Draco

-still love this one when it's done well. For my Harry Potter fic I stick to adult writers on LJ, I can happily say I've never been near FF.net for HP. You only do that if the fandom is practically non existant.

It's just a completely typical dynamic. Not enemies, rivals. Dark hair blonde hair. Posh vs quite common by the sounds of it. I could go into more, but I think Harry/Draco just speaks for itself.

Er Snarry ;)

Don't kill me, I don't feel entirely comfortable with it myself. Hated it at first. LOVE IT NOW.

I like it when people ship not very attractive characters. Snape in my head is pretty unnattractive and there is never any indication in the books that Harry is gorgeous (Just a bit of a boy next door)

Harry/Ron

..Because it's canon

Harry/ Scorpius (not as much as Draco/Albus Severus though)

-stfu

Now coming away from Harry

Percy/Anyone
Neville/Anyone
(although sometimes particuarly Snape)

Krum/Ron

- Do not tell me you didn't see it

Percy/Oliver

Charlie/Anyone

Bill/Teddy

-It's the sort of werewolf thing

Dean/Seamus

- See Harry Ron

Kingsley/ Anyone (male or female just give me Kingsley)
-my Kingsley has a London accent though. I hate how it was like "KINGSLEY IS BLACK HE MUST HAVE AFRICAN ACCENT" like "orly, London doesn't have a large population at all?" We're lucky he didn't show up in Zulu gear. filmmakers go die

Sirius/ Anyone

Marauders Four Way Love + Snape (any combination between any of these (including Peter tbh) will do

But tbh I like anything as long as it's good. I read a Dean/Draco the other day and it was amazing and I just wanted more.

Now move on to Het swiftly- I like the girls in Harry Potter alone. I like gen fic about the women because they are good and are often ruined when paired.

Bill/Fleur

There is no reason not to love them together.

Blaise/Any Female

Pansy/Any man

Hermione/Krum

Draco/Astoria (asteria? which one is right)

Lucius/ Narcissa

Molly/Arthur

Tonks/Kingsley

Snape /Rosemerta
-LEAVE ME ALONE

Snape/Poppy Pomfrey
-she's the hospital healer, so she needs lots of Snape's potions. They must spend time together.

LEaVE ME ALONE :(
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:40 am

Yay! My new favorite thread ;3

I never got Hermione/Snape... or even Snarry, unless it's really well written.

I'm the same, Sharkie! In Harry Potter I mostly ship slash, but in other things (ie, Artemis Fowl) I only ship het. I only ship if I can find something interesting to work with, het or slash regardless. I'm not entirely sure why, but not many het couples in HP interest me very much.

I think you're missing out on a lot by avoiding Fanfiction.net though. There are some really great fics if you're willing to dig through all the rubbish.

Pairings I ship, in no real order.

Drarry (Harry/Draco)
It's just so much fun to write and read. I also agree with everything Sharkie said about it =3. There's just so much manipulative background for these two. It was the first pairing I shipped, the first fanfic I wrote, and what got me into the HP fandom.

Severus/Lilly
I just think it's so tragically romantic. I love it.

Remus/Sirius/James/Severus
Like Sharkie, I'm a huge fan of this triangle. Not too interested in Wormtail though.

Scorpius/Albus
A friend and I roleplayed this couple in a quite large HP roleplaying forum. I've always been in love with this pairing. It's probably my second fav after Drarry.

Draco/Blaise
I love this pairing especially as a triangle with Harry. ie, Blaise likes Draco, Draco likes Harry, Harry is completely clueless =3. The best fics are set after Hogwarts.

Lucius/Ron
I read an M rated fic once about Lucius and Ron playing a game of chess. It scared the hell out of me, but ever since then I couldn't get the pairing out of my mind D;. I can just really picture them sitting in the study of Malfoy manor playing chess. Not sure if I would ship them if they weren't connected by chess somehow though.

Draco/Luna
I wrote a fic of them on a whim once, and while it really really sucked, because Luna is so hard to write, i've had a huge soft spot for them every since.

Remus/Tonks
I really like the big age gap, and their personalities and the realism of it and everything really.

Voldemort/Quirrel
Totally crack. Totally awesome.

Grindlewald/Dumbledor
I LOVE this pairing. I wish we had more background on it.

James Potter/Teddy Lupin
I know Teddy is, like, 5-6 years older than James, but I still really love it anyway.

Sirius/Remus.
Joint birthday gift. What more can I say? They're practically canon ;p

Harry/Gabrielle
I bet she's been in love with him ever since he 'saved her'. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who ships them, though.

Marauder!James/Lucius
I'm not entirely sure how old Lucius was when the marauders were still in school, though.

Fred/George
I know ti's wrong, but I still love it.

Scorpius/Rose
So cute =w=

Teddy/Victoire
One of my few loved canon couples

Salazar/Gryffindor
Although haven't actually read any fics shipping them yet.
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:12 am

I mostly(no, always)tend to like canon couples. Seriously.
Harry/Ginny-Love it. I used to think of Harry/Hermione first, but it got a bit obvious in Goblet that it was going to be Ron/Hermione. And Hermione just starts crying when Harry starts yelling(*rollseyes*@ CapsLockHarry), but Ginny can face him down. Hermione would let Harry get the say in everything, once he starts yelling. And that is just wrong.
Harry/Hermione-^
Harry/Luna-Meh. Not bad, though.
Harry/Draco-*cringe*
Harry/Gabrielle-Not really. She's a bit too much of not-Ginny.
Ron/Hermione-Awesome. Hermione can manipulate Ron into doing what she wants, and she's wise enough to wield that power only in times of need :) Adorable.
Ron/Luna-Cute. Not bad, really.
Draco/Ginny-Intriguing.
Draco/Luna-Ditto.
Draco/Astoria-Meh. Nothing special, since I don't know her at all.
Draco/anyone else-suggest someone else, I've run out of people.
Any more from the young 'uns?
Now for the oldies...xP
James/Sirius-umm.....fine with it.
Remus/Sirius-ditto.
James/Lily-ULTIMATE-ness. Totally awesome.(I sorta picture Rose/Scorpius to be similar, dunno why)
Sev/Lily-aawwww. I feel bad for Snape, but I'm sorry, james/Lily is just too much awesome.
Minerva/Dumblydorrrr-Love it. For once I'd prefer something else to canon.
Dumbledore/Grindlewald-Not bad, really....
Lucius/Narcissa-Pretty awesome, really.
Lucius/anyone else-cannot imagine.
Bellatrix/Rudolphus-meh.
but...
Bellatrix/Voldemort-Now you're talking. I don't know HoW she got married. I really dont.
Anyone else? Suggest....
For the New Generation:
Rose/Scorpius-Practically canon. Come on, why else would Ron say that?Awesome, just awesome.
Scorpius/Lily-ummmm...bit creepy, seeing as when you say Lily I think of Harry's mom, not daughter(SERIOUSLY, did he not KNOW any other names??????)
Lol, just kidding, this one is intriguing, never though of it until I saw it here.
Albus/someone-SERIOUSLY. I want someone for Alllll!!!!!!!!
James/someone-ditto. Ever since I read a fanfic, I've always thought of James as Fred+George. Since they were my favourites, so is James...
And now for the ancient,
Salazar/Godric-Intriguing. I always do imagine Godric almost like old Dumby anyway.

Any I missed?

PS:...and @Winter-Fred/George :scared: ???? Seriously????
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'

From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:30 pm

RON/HERMIONE
LUNA/HARRY

END OF STORY FOR ME.

(I love Luna, and Ginny kind of annoys me.)

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Fred/George END OF. <3 <3

Voldy/Kitty FOREVZ.

silverphoenix
Elf

Postby silverphoenix » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:33 am

HP shipping? Let's see how many people I can annoy. I like:

Draco/Hermione
Blaise/Ginny
Harry/Luna
Scorpius/Rose

Let's hear it for inter-house unity! (Though we don't actually know what houses Scorpius and Rose are in.)

Also, Quirrellmort FTW! :laughing: (Thanks for corrupting my mind AVPM.)
"Did someone say Draco Malfoy?"

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:20 am

I really don't see how Draco/Hermionie would work? Draco/Harry, sure. Draco/Ginny = TRUE LOVE. But I just imagine that Hermionie and Draco would drive each other crazy, and not in a good way. Maybe it's because I've yet to read a fic that puts them together in a believable way.

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Canon Draco and Hermione would never work, he lacks principles that Hermione loves, like loyalty and courage (*looks at Ron*) A fanon Draco and Hermione can easily work, considering fanon Draco is always charming and debonair...but again, I have yet to read fics on this. I've read D/G fics, so maybe that's why I have no problem with that :p
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'

From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 am

Hmm...
Harry/:
Bellatrix :shiny:
Luna
Dobby :eyeroll:
Lucius D:
Cedric
argh! Too far!!!

Ginny/Neville I've never smiled more.
Ron/Minerva
Krum/Barty Jr.
Tonks/ Aberforth
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Yeah, Ginny/Neville was pretty good. And when she moved on I'd have settled for Nev/Luna, at least! Also, after DH I was hoping for Luna/Dean. But Luna ended up with ROLF SCAMANDER. We don't even know the guy!!!
TAC
Spoiler:

From here
Spoiler:

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:50 am

Yeah, Ginny and Neville are perfect. <3

I actually supported Harry/Luna for quite a while- Luna is just such a character! I hate Harry though, he's a moron. Don't kill me.

I support Dumbledore/McGonagle (or however you spell it). Both powerfully magic, teach at Hoggos and are willing to die for the students. Hey, so what one of them ended up doing just that?!
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

Return to “Literature”