Trying to find a book - can anyone help?

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Trying to find a book - can anyone help?

Postby Kitsy » Mon May 31, 2010 9:40 pm

I've got to the point where I am desperate to find this book -it's really irritating me, and I was wondering if anyone here could help me with this description.

It's a short story about a young woman who gets pregnant and goes with her boyfriend to get an abortion - whilst she's getting an abortion the doctor leaves and disappears. She goes out, back to her boyfriend and they drive back to their town and I have a feeling either everyone has disappeared or there are only a few people there. And then something happens to do with dreams, people dying in specific ways that have been dreamt about or something. I think there's someone there doing all this. The couple have sex and the woman dies by being thrown onto a rake in a haystack.

That's about all I can remember "/ For some reason it reminds me of Stephen King. Can anyone help me?
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Re: Trying to find a book - can anyone help?

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:19 am

That sounds like an interesting book. But if you really want a good book to read I suggest Breaktime-which is about a teen who leaves home after his father has a heart attack, so he can find himself. On the way he meets up with someone from his childhood and over the course of his summer he wants to lose his virginity. It's pretty complex.

Another book I suggest is-if you want a good children's fantasy series to read-The Edge Chronicles, by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. Or the Bartimaeus Trilogy, by Johnathan Stroud.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Winter
Pixie

Re: Trying to find a book - can anyone help?

Postby Winter » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:16 am

Is the book it reminds you about the King one where boy is on the derailed train with the reaper after him, and he hides in people's minds and sees their worst nightmares/deaths/whatever and finds out that they're all going to come true? Not too sure about the book you're after, but it sounds interesting. I'll have a look and see if I can find it c:
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

Return to “Literature”