The Heroes of Olympus Series

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Re: The Heroes of Olympus Series

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 am

WHAAAAAAAT??!! 'Ow can zees beeeeeeeee?

I wanna re-read the book first but thanks! I totally forgot to check out any good fanfics!

Any good fanfics to suggest? :blush:

EDIT: Ya-hah!! PAGE CLAIM! :p
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'

From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:13 pm

bluesunrise wrote:
lotrfan wrote:I really don't think that he'll mess up Percy/Annabeth, because he spent 5 books leading up to it. That would just be unforgivably cruel. But that's why I think he will split up Piper and Jason. I like Piper, I like how she's a daughter of Aphrodite, but she's nothing like the others. But yeah, like Purple_Enigma said, Reyna is the Annabeth of the Roman Camp, if I were her, I would be super-PO'ed if Jason ended up with someone else.
I do think Reyna will be one of the seven, and the other will probably be a new Roman person.

I don't see how they can not show Percy at the other camp. I have a weird thought that maybe Reyna will fall in love with Percy, but I also don't think that will happen. I don't know. I hope the 7th person is a guy from camp-Roman. I really want another awesome-fighting guy. Like a son of Apollo or something...idk.

The only thing we know about Reyna is her name and that Jason might have been in a relationship with her. So, I wouldn't exactly call her the Annabeth of the Roman Camp.

Yeah, when I was writing that, I was actually thinking that maybe it's not true. But, just the fact that he remembers her particularly over other people, probably means that they have feelings for eachother, and that she's probably in some kind of leading position.

bluesunrise wrote:Oh, yes please! I want to see what little pieces of memory Hera let him keep. Will he remember Annabeth? I certainly hope he does and that some girl in the Roman Camp won't try and catch him.

I definitely want to see Percy's POV. I don't see how they can't, after that ending. I doubt Hera will let him keep his memories of Annabeth. Some random girl probably will try to get him, (like Drew did with Jason) but I feel like even without remembering Annabeth, he wouldn't be so easily swayed.

Fanfictions already? My God...
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Before they disappeared from fanfiction.net almost all of them on there were about Percy waking up in the Roman camp with no memory of his life. (Like Jason).

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

15bubbles
Mud Man
Real First Name: J.H.

Postby 15bubbles » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:35 am

Speaking of fanfictions, one pretty decent one, but unfinished is called "Daughter of Vesta". I once read a version of a fan written "The Son of Neptune". I just about gagged.

Spoiler:
I'm a little confused. I remember it saying once that Mr. Riordan said that a son of Poseidon wouldn't be one of the seven, but they want the best fighters and Percy's got to be among that grouping. So could it be a play on words and maybe a son of Poseidon couldn't go but a son of Neptune would?

So what about the gladius Hera gave Jason? Do you think it's a regular sword or it has secrets?
When I'm stressed, I laugh. When I'm happy, I laugh. When I'm nervous, I laugh. If I find something funny, I can't stop laughing.

If you find any poisonous plants in your tea, just to let you know, it wasn't me.

Don't pop my bubbles. I'll get depressed.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:24 pm

15bubbles wrote:Speaking of fanfictions, one pretty decent one, but unfinished is called "Daughter of Vesta". I once read a version of a fan written "The Son of Neptune". I just about gagged.

Spoiler:
I'm a little confused. I remember it saying once that Mr. Riordan said that a son of Poseidon wouldn't be one of the seven, but they want the best fighters and Percy's got to be among that grouping. So could it be a play on words and maybe a son of Poseidon couldn't go but a son of Neptune would?

So what about the gladius Hera gave Jason? Do you think it's a regular sword or it has secrets?

Spoiler:
Hmm, when did he say that a son of Poseidon wouldn't be one? I don't really see how Percy can't be one of the seven, he's got to be the best fighter there. Plus, he's like invincible (almost). If Riordan did say that though, I can see him breaking it how you said, with the Neptune, rather than Poseidon.

I still don't trust Hera, so there's probably something she's keeping secret.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Percy is definitely gonna be one of the seven. I guarantee it. Besides a Percy POV, I would love to see an Annabeth POV. Wouldn't you guys?

Yeah, there is more going on than Hera is letting on, but what? I can't wait to find out!

15bubbles
Mud Man
Real First Name: J.H.

Postby 15bubbles » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

bluesunrise wrote:Percy is definitely gonna be one of the seven. I guarantee it. Besides a Percy POV, I would love to see an Annabeth POV. Wouldn't you guys?

I'm not too sure about the whole Annabeth thing. Previously, way yes! But now that she's all infatuated with Seaweed Brain
Spoiler:
over yonder in the Roman Camp
then I'm too worried it might get a little too mushy. Plus I don't think it'd be half as funny. Annabeth's a great character, but she's not entirely good for you if you need laughs.
When I'm stressed, I laugh. When I'm happy, I laugh. When I'm nervous, I laugh. If I find something funny, I can't stop laughing.

If you find any poisonous plants in your tea, just to let you know, it wasn't me.

Don't pop my bubbles. I'll get depressed.

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:43 pm

I actually doubt Percy will be part of the Seven. I think Riordan wants to leave Percy alone and focus on the new characters.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 am

Palagrin wrote:I actually doubt Percy will be part of the Seven. I think Riordan wants to leave Percy alone and focus on the new characters.

He at least better bring him in the next book. Don't leave that whole plot line going until the end of the series, please!

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Well, seeing as he IS in the other camp, I'm sure we'll see him...he just won't be one of the prophesied.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 am

15bubbles wrote:Speaking of fanfictions, one pretty decent one, but unfinished is called "Daughter of Vesta". I once read a version of a fan written "The Son of Neptune". I just about gagged.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, it could totally be a Son of Neptune. Remember when Percy talks to Poseidon at the end of the last book (The Last Olympian) and Percy asks him whether he's getting any new brothers or sisters, all kidding, and Poseidon just remains silent. Makes me wonder.
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'

From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Palagrin wrote:I actually doubt Percy will be part of the Seven. I think Riordan wants to leave Percy alone and focus on the new characters.

I still think he'll be one of them. I mean, there are seven of them, so he can still focus on the others too, and maybe Percy will even let Jason lead the final battle. But they'd definitely need his help. But still, there's no way that they can't mention Percy at all, there has to be scenes from the Roman camp. Maybe it will never be seen from Percy's POV, but there should be some from Reyna's or some other Roman kid.

It would be cool to see Annabeth's POV, but I doubt we will.
ImageImage Image

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat May 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Hey (this is not a double post)

So, the first chapter of the new book is out...
Exciting!

http://cdn3.dolimg.com/explore/PMPages/Printable/Son_of_Neptune_preview.pdf
ImageImage Image

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:13 am

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Heroes of the olimpus rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haden't read it in english so it probebly wasent as good as the original book but it was still awsom!!!
My friends and I were once kinda bored so we started making theories about "son of Neptune" and we stated thinking how will memory-earaced Percy will explain his stix-protection to himself and will Leo ever get a girlfriend (my friend hopes not, she realy likes him.... :loveeyes: )
and who are the seven haflbloods going to be?
obviasly Jason, piper, and leo are 3 of them but who are the rest?
my suspects: Percy, Annabeth, Thalia, Nico, Mitshell, Lasie, Raina, Gwendolin and Nisa....
who do you think?
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Return to “Literature”