A guide to Artemis Fowl

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
FadingLight
Mud Man

A guide to Artemis Fowl

Postby FadingLight » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Okay, I found this title in the front of another book by Lois H. Gresh, and decided to look it up. It's not available right now and might be kinda old, I don't know, but I want to see if anyone's actually read it. I certainly haven't. Once again, my local library proved insufficient. Anyway, it sounds interesting, although I've read other guides by Lois H. Gresh and noticed she isn't always so accurate about the details. So if you've read this, please reply!

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Fans-Guide-Art ... 0312351542
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Re: A guide to Artemis Fowl

Postby AF Lover » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Goodreads says:
The Fan's Guide to Artemis Fowl is the ultimate companion to the world of Artemis Fowl. Filled with sidebars, mythology, technology, and science, along with an in-depth analysis of the books, this unofficial guide will be the definitive resource for the series. This will be the first and only guide for young adults to this fantastic series.

Expected publication: May 1st 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

I haven't read it either, but I guess it hasn't came out yet, which explains why it's so impossible to find. No stores have it (amazon, target etc.) so we'll just have to wait and see.

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:54 am

It hasn't been published yet. I first saw it back in 2012, and it's been put-off since. But it is also the "unofficial" guide, so the author might have avoided publishing it until the series was over.
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:39 am

Ho! Oh wow, what a great find. I hope they do publish it, this would be too awesome. (It would be a great thing to come out now, as we've been deprived of much new AF material for so long. X3) I'm putting my name down on the pre-order list as soon as it's available. (Though if it was being advertised three years ago, it's hard to say if they'll ever get it out there...they were advertising an AF movie ten years ago, too. X3)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name: Keara. -_-

Postby KearaAdara » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 am

We... Really really need new AF material, I feel so starved right now. This is great news! Well at least (unlike the movie) this book has a concrete expected publication date, so it's on my calendar xD

At least we have something definite to look forward to!

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey, look at that!

This comes out 6 days before AFC's birthday! Magical! :shiny:

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:27 am

IT'S OUT ALREADY?!!

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 pm

KearaAdara wrote:IT'S OUT ALREADY?!!

No, May 1st is about 25 days away, and May 7th about 31 days. Still a bit of a wait. :(

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am

Oh...

I misread your post. I'm honestly that much of a noob.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:14 am

Well, May 1st has come and gone, and still no sign...(It perpetually says 'currently unavailable' on Amazon.com.) What's the holdup? (Is it just not written yet, or is it something else?) I totally want this book, but I don't know if we're going to get it. X3 Now there's not even a projected release date, at least that I could find.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:03 am

Maybe they completely canceled it. It could have had the release date pushed back again.

Return to “Literature”