**Warning to all Arcaders**

Here you can take part in our totally lunatic posting games, from the traditional favorites to fun new ones. Any Artemis Fowl posting games should go in the subforum below.

Posts made in this forum do not go towards your post count.
Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.
**Warning to all Arcaders**

Postby Voldy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:40 pm

The mods have been discussing this for quite a while now, and we find it is high time we warn you.

We lost about 3200 posts from this crash. What's even more saddening is the fact that 1890 of those posts, which is over 1/2 (55%) are from the Arcade. This is unacceptable, and it has been going on even before the crash.

The Arcade is a place for fun, games that we not only entertain ourselves from but also learn about one another and grow closer together. This is not a place to spam, just so you can increase your post count. We are noticing that too many members, mostly newbies and fairly-new users, are doing this, increasing their post count by posting almost constantly here. I will not signal anyone out, but we warn you that the Arcade may possibly be facing a lock for an indefinite amount of time, until we can properly decide what to do.

The Arcade is not the only forum on AFC. You should try to contribute throughout the forum, to help keep the AFC community strong and growing.

Thank you.

~The Moderating Team

Edit:
We're sorry if this appears threatening, in any way. :P You are still allowed to Arcade. Arcading is healthy. However, you should post everywhere else as well as the arcade. A 10:1 ratio of posting outside to in (thanks, Michael!) is fair. So yes, feel free to Arcade, but just make sure you don't go crazy. ;)

Stupid Ape
Centaur

Postby Stupid Ape » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:43 pm

*posts so that the topic is highlighted as having new content*

Good idea or no one would ever have read what is a meaningful edit to a subject that has darkened AFC for months,
I personally think the ratio of Non-Arcade posts to Arcade posts partly depends on how much you feel you can contribute to normal threads, i think you just shouldn't post too much in the arcade at one time, say 3 or 5 posts per time on AFC, but thats just me.
God changes Lives. Will you let him change yours?

Scifiguy
Centaur
Real First Name:Jeffrey

Postby Scifiguy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:04 am

Oh, I just read this and am now going to give it my best shot. 8) But, I think you should be on a talk show. (???) :?

But seriously...

I usually come on and look down the lines of forums, and go to the first one that I go on regularly that has a new post on it. (Regularly: Welcome to AFC, General Talk, The Debating Forum, The Arcade, and Journals) ocassionally I will post in suggestions/comments, or site updates, but generally like to hang in the others. If I feel artistic, I might go comment on some good artwork.

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:06 am

But, I think you should be on a talk show. (???) :?

Sorry for the late reply, but I just realized this. XD Why do you say that? XD

Scifiguy
Centaur
Real First Name:Jeffrey

Postby Scifiguy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:46 am

I really don't know anymore!

Alaurae
Atlantean

Postby Alaurae » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:18 pm

I post in most topics...and have only just started posting in the arcade about 2 days ago, I've been here for a few weeks. My resent interest in arcading is not for my post count (just incase I was one of the people you were thinking of) I already had about 100 posts on other things before I sharted arcade posting. I just never looked into it, then a few days ago realised how fun it was :P

I do post in many other places though, as you'll notice I hope. Sorry if I was one of the people you were referring to ><
~Please refrain form touching my private particles~

*If you don't like the answer, ask a different question

Alaurae
Atlantean

Re: **Warning to all Arcaders**

Postby Alaurae » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Hehe yep just a tad late :P
~Please refrain form touching my private particles~

*If you don't like the answer, ask a different question

owlreader

Postby owlreader » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:07 pm

i am new here but this sounds really bad

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:26 pm

What's bad? That we've asked forumers to slow down on the Arcading? That Arcading was such a big problem? That somebody is spamming in a thread where we ask people to stop spamming?

Please check the dates. This is an old thread. And also check to make sure your post is actually constructive to the discussion. In this case, this thread is an announcement and not a discussion, so further posts are not really necessary.

In fact, I'll even lock this.
Image Image
My Artemis Fowl game: Part One | Part Two | Part Three

Return to “The Arcade”