Skillet

Are you into rock? Metal? Drum'n'Bass? Indie? Talk about it here, and share your musical knowledge and thoughts with everyone else!
shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Skillet

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 am

Skillet is a really awesome rock band that I started listening to after finding a few of their songs on my sister's Ipod. It wasn't until recently that I found out that they were a Christian rock band which I found to be extrememly awesome. Their songs have some awesome lyrics and they rock... hard lol. The song that really impressed me was The Last Night. Some other favorites are: Awake and Alive, Comatose, Whispers in the Dark, Hero, and Monster.

The Last Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cAfEjab ... re=related
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Re: Skillet

Postby bluesunrise » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:11 am

Skillet rocks! Their lead vocalist has a really cool and unique voice. I love every song of theirs that I've heard, but some of my personal favorites are Whispers in the Dark, Hero, Better Than Drugs, Lucy, Monster, and Rebirthing. Those of you who have no clue who they are should really check them out.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 am

I met them once, got one of the CD's signed.
Ello.

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:28 pm

I've only heard awake and alive properly, and I LOVED it!!! I have Hero and Whispers in the Dark too, but I've only listened to them once :D
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'

From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
AFC Fan Fiction Name: AFCutie
Location: Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Postby afcutie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 pm

i love Skillet. Their songs are moving. I wish I could see them in concert, one day I will(hopefully). I like many of their songs, but my top favorites will have to be Hero, Monster, Whispers in the Dark, comatose, and Collide. I like their new drummer, she has an awesome voice.

@Bluerinse: I agree with you, those who've never heard should listen to them.

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:12 pm

My favourite songs are 'Falling inside the Black' and 'Hero'.... Among countless others XD...

afcutie wrote:Hero, Monster, Whispers in the Dark, comatose, and Collide

I like all of these songs too :)
We all have a dark side...

Spoiler:
That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That shite moment in an argument when you realise you are wrong...

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':

But you love me XD

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Aw . . . I love "Lucy" by Skillet . . . I wanna make a montage tribute to the I Love Lucy TV series to that song!! :D

[/center]
Them, we liked

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Mon May 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Skillets older stuff was quite good but their newest album disappointed me. My favorite stuff by them will ALWAYS be Collide but Comatose was okay too. By the way, they're pretty awesome in concert. I've seen them like... 4 or 5 times live.

Arty's #1 Fan
Cave Troll

Postby Arty's #1 Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Before last night, I'd really only heard "Stars" on the radio now and then, but I went to WinterJam, and now I'm like "Wow, what have I been missing?" They were amazing! :loveeyes: I'd heard about how good they were in concert, but that did not do them justice. I can't even describe it accurately. You had to be there! As I type this, I'm listening to "Monster." :thumbsup:
“ And one more thing. About my name – Artemis – you were right, in London. It is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.” Artemis Fowl II~ an amazing quote!

Return to “Music”