[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined index: 84
RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.) - Page 3 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.)

All other projects from the past.

Can you take part in the competition?

Yes
80%
Maybe
20%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Re: RP Competitions. - Please read first post, updated!

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:26 pm

o.O

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay then. What does that have to do with RPing anyway? XD
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:30 pm

hollyshort_reconjock wrote:o.O

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay then. What does that have to do with RPing anyway? XD

lol nothing, but I think it sounds cool =3

Kitsy ~ Oh, I get it now! That sounds great. I'll see if I can bribeconvincing anyone else to join in.
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 pm

before I vote "yes" to the poll thing, I need to know when this competition will be. The reason being, is that unfortuneately I will be absent from the forums during the last two weeks of June and the First two weeks of July, due to Summer camp.

If its not in that space of time then I vote "yes". But, I won't do so until I have confermation pertaining to the date span of this competition.

edit: to be more specific, I won't be here from June 22 - July 17.
Last edited by shiaw_bing2000 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 pm

shiaw_bing2000 wrote:before I vote "yes" to the poll thing, I need to know when this competition will be. The reason being, is that unfortuneately I will be absent from the forums during the last two weeks of June and the First two weeks of July, due to Summer camp.

If its not in that space of time then I vote "yes". But, I won't do so until I have confermation pertaining to the date span of this competition.

Oh yeah, I need to know when this is happening too. The second half of the summer I'm moving, so I won't have a computer or anything, much less be able to put thought into my RP posts.

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Postby Griffar » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:42 am

I don't think it will be for a while. Kitsy has to organize everything, then she has to get people to judge, set up the sub-forum, and, she has other things to do other than just be the RPG moderator. She has to moderate the whole forum.

I think we will have a while before any competitions are started. So Shiaw, and HS_RJ, I think you will have plenty of time before we start this comp. What I have just said though may all be completely wrong, and it will start tomorrow.

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:22 am

Okay, there isn't a way we can start it before 22nd June because that's in two weeks xD However, there is a possibility we might start it perhaps July 11th. How does that sound? It would be over by August 3rd because I'm getting off to Crete on the fourth xD How does that sound to everyone? I may be gone for a day or two during competition time (woop for Brighton) but if that happens, I'll get another mod to fill in for me whilst I'm out.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Re: RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.)

Postby BkkprGirl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:52 pm

I have to say I'm really excited for this because it's also very Inklings-esque, but I haven't done any RP's before, so I probably won't really know what I'm doing. I have some really good plotline/character ideas though!
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:50 pm

I'll definetely be absent for 6 days of the competition if it starts on July 11th... But I suppose I can afford to miss a few days :(

then there is another week in that time period when my time on the computer will be sporadic at best. I suppose I will just have to work around it...
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm so glad people who don't necessarily rp are going to join in! I'll put an announcement up soon so others can see.

Shiaw, you can still join in on the last few competitions? Is there any one that you are particularly interested in? I could try schedule it so that one is last xD

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:43 am

I'm so glad more competitions are being available. I've only been able to participate in the AFC B'Day comp. Looking forward to this Kitsy. Do you still need any of my help??

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:39 pm

I think I'll be able to work it in. What day of the week is July 11th, though? Depends what day it is...

Oh, just a suggestion. Instead of having all the competitions lumped together in the span of, like, two weeks, why don't we spread them out, one competition at a time? It'll be less stressful, people will be able to RP normally and still RP for the competitions. It would also be less work on the mods.

I just thought of a brilliant idea for a prize, though it's definitely extreme. If any one person wins a certain amount of RP competitions, they could become an RP mod...? I told you it was extreme, don't kill me! It's just a suggestion, JUST A SUGGESTION!!!!!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Well, that could definetly happen. Instead of having a tournament, we could just have on-going competitions? People could come up with new ideas and we'd tally up points or something over an in-definite period of time.

Well, anyone who would like to do that please say so here! Can you guys make sure the other people interested read this idea?

Ahahaha, we won't kill you hun but alas, that can't be a prize. Just because you're good at rping, doesn't mean you'd be good at modding. xD

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:53 pm

Kitsy wrote:Ahahaha, we won't kill you hun but alas, that can't be a prize. Just because you're good at rping, doesn't mean you'd be good at modding. xD

Somehow, I knew that wasn't going to be an option. XD

But I would love to have ongoing competitions instead of tournaments! It would also work because then, if people go to camp or something during the summer, they won't miss everything. They might miss a couple competitions or something, but not the whole thing.

Another suggestion: we could hold a comp every month, like FFotM. A little nameplate under their username and less pressure on all those who mod. And it would still leave time for regular RPing. I RP for the fun of it, and it might lose that fun if I was competing all the time instead of doing it for the pleasure.

My graduation is tomorrow night. I go vote now...

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 am

I like the idea of an on-going competition.

Maybe on rare occasions, we have a round robin, but we lay it out as one RPG. The mod who organises it, creates a theme as a thread, and then anyone can join-say we allow a week for people to register-, and then we get on the way with RPing. And then the person with the best style, movement(is that the right way of explaining it?), oppportunity making and taking, and so on, will win. Or maybe a couple of winners. Or they can choose the next competition theme, and they get to judge.

How about that. Only on rare occasions.

tigeress27
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Casey

Postby tigeress27 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm good at RPing I rp on like fifty million different sites a day lol
(Result of my Brutally honest personality test)
Loser- INTP
47% Extraversion, 67% Intuition, 80% Thinking, 40% Judging

Talked to another human being lately? I'm serious. You value knowledge above ALL else. You love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. The fact that nobody else cares still hasn't become apparent to you...
Nerd's a great word to describe you, and I seriously couldn't care less about the different definitions of the word and why you're actually more of a geek than a nerd. You want every single miniscule fact and theory to be presented correctly.

Critical? Sarcastic? Cynical? Pessimistic? Just a few words to describe you when you're at your very best...*cough* Sorry, I mean worst.
On top of all this, you're shy.

Return to “Other Projects”