favorite video game

Are you a whizz kid? A Playstation 3 Fanatic? Talk about all things technological and game-wise here!
Katie:LEP officer
Pixie
Real First Name: Katie

Re: favorite video game

Postby Katie:LEP officer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:56 am

My fave video game would have to be a tie between:
1) Super Monkey Ball racing
and:
2) Rockband.
Super monkey ball is fun because you get all caught up in it and I never thought of myself as a video game freak before but the game really hooked me!
I like rockband because I love anything that has to do with music! I'm most of the time singer but I can play drums and guitar pretty well too. I challenge anyone here to a Rockband rock-a-thon! LOL. Just kidding! :laughing:
Here is where I would normally say something clever or witty. Unfortunately, I'm all out of ideas. Please leave a message after the tone and my imagination will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sweet Holy Moly!

David_Packa
Atlantean
Real First Name: David

Postby David_Packa » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 am

After my last post that I said Revenge of the Sith was my favorite game I quickly changed my views. I jumped around between Bond: Agent Under Fire, (that didn't last long) and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. An old game yes, but extremely fun. But now I know the ultimate game, (it may be somewhat unwise to give heed to my prattle because after I beat this game a few times my views are prone to change.) Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. Though some people may think this is a cheezy rip-off of real games like Final Fantasy XII I stand firm in my belief that this is an extremely fun and addicting game. Sheesh I got banned from video games for a week cause I didn't stop. How addicting is that? I also played it 16 hours straight (except for eating, bathroom breaks and approximately 4 hours of sleep, though zero hours would be more immpressive) with my friend Mitchell (a virtually unseen member of this forum but he shows himself occasionally) and we only got a little more than halfway through the game. And yes I know Final Fantasy XII is like 160 hours long but I would still definitely recommend this game to anyone who likes RPG's. It's also 2 player, but that's just a bonus.
I'm an Official AFC Secret Agent Woohoo!
OUT OUT YOU DEMONS OF STUPIDITY BE GONE! -Dogbert-
IMBECILE! YOU MUST OBEY ME BECAUSE I AM LOUD!! -Dogbert-

That's one bitter little pixie -Mulch-

I should get bonus points for this, or at least a free life! -Foaly-

I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread. -Bilbo Baggins-

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

mobieweb
Cave Troll

Postby mobieweb » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:00 am

My favorite is for the PS2: "Star Wars: Battlefront II". But that could all easily change with "The Force Unleashed" coming out for the Wii next month. (Sep. 16th!!!!!)
No1 knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't resist a parting crack.
"I now pronounce you..."
Neither hand-holder was amused, but before they had time to do more than scowl, twin bolts of red energy crackled from No1's eyes, blasting his friends into the time stream.
"Man and elf," he said, finishing his joke, then chuckling delightedly.

--The Time Paradox, page 96
----------
---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

timn8r
Gremlin

Postby timn8r » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:13 pm

smash bros is great for wii
portal is great for 360
and i hate ps3 XD

and when the Artemis fowl movie comes out or at least has a trailer there will probably be a game and that would be my favorite probably

timn8r
Gremlin

Postby timn8r » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:18 pm

those of you who haven't heard of portal look it up on youtube or look at this description
you have a gun that you can shoot a wall and a portal will be there shoot somewhere else closer and another portal will be there and you come out through the other one so you have to solve all these life threatening tests to escape this place

CrazyGirlyCaptain
Centaur
Real First Name: Rory

Postby CrazyGirlyCaptain » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:16 am

I'm stuck between two games for my favourite. I really love The Sims 2 because it's just so much fun making houses and people. I usually spend the whole time I'm playing designing the house. I also really love Kingdom Hearts. I like Disney stuff a lot and for some reason I find it really entertaining to smack things around with a giant key.

Venom Wolf
Pixie

Postby Venom Wolf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:04 pm

timn8r wrote:those of you who haven't heard of portal look it up on youtube or look at this description
you have a gun that you can shoot a wall and a portal will be there shoot somewhere else closer and another portal will be there and you come out through the other one so you have to solve all these life threatening tests to escape this place

Portal's a cool game. Some of the puzzles are quite complicated.
Spoiler:
I think it's only game where the final boss sings that she's still alive over the credits.

Did you hear about the sequel Valve's making?

timn8r
Gremlin

Postby timn8r » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:48 am

portals gonna have a sequel?
awesome

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:43 am

Halo: Combat Evolved. Sure, it's pretty dated by today's standards, but it was such a huge leap forward in storytelling, AI, and gameplay for an FPS at the time.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:57 am

I'm good at all computer games! YAH! Halo is the BEST! :laughing:
Then World of Warcraft, Pokémon, Mario Kart for Wii!
Next there is Rock Band, Grand Turismo 5, and Gundam Seed for PS3.

Play Halo 3! Second most advanced game, except for that game where you are that robot? You like kill zombies and heal people. World of Warcraft is the most complicated but does not use the best technology.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:56 pm

My two favorites are both for PS2.

James Bond: Agent Under Fire. Flippin' sweet!!! I love the multiplayer thing... And the actual game is BA. I love the part where you're Bond, and you're shooting at a helicopter out of the top of your car.... But I completely suck at the driving level, where you actually take the wheel. I always die, or lose the truck... More often than not I run into a wall or an 18 wheeler by accident and burst into flames.... It's pretty sad. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never gotten past that level.

And, though I'm not an anime fan, I LOVED Kingdom Hearts 2 for PS2. I think that almost trumped Bond, because I was able to get past the third level without too much difficulty. I loved the story in that one. Plus.... I loved the characters....Especially Roxas.... An all around amazing game. AND I LOVED THE GUMMI SHIP LEVELS!

Except (and if anyone can tell me why this happened, I'd be very grateful), I rented the video game, and a couple days before we were supposed to return it, I got to the level where you go see Queen Minnie at that castle. And I beat the level, and then I was supposed to get back onto the Gummi Ship, but I couldn't. It was so weird. I tried for DAYS, but I couldn't even find the darn thing, even though I was in the hangar, Chip and Dale would only say "It's time to leave!" and I didn't even know HOW to get on the darn thing, even if I could've found it.

And I was supposed to go to PORT ROYALE in the next level!!!
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Probably Halo, because I can kill 61 people in CTF, alone. 5 deaths...
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

Metronome
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Winners

Postby Metronome » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:14 am

Hmm, I'm more of a resident Evil girl myself, Especially Res4 on wii serious Pwnidge. Can't wait for Res5 which is due to come out MArch this year I think. JHSYFGEYRFERSJDHFEFG! Woo \m/

I'm also hooked on MK:Deception (Xbox), I hightly recommend it to anyone who's into those sort of games. It's Awesome! Fav: Character:baraka - blades that come of your arms 'nuf said

I've finished Halo one, though didn't like it *that* much, honestly can't see what the big deal is about it. *Not saying anything against the game. It's large fanbase is well deserved*

Currently I'm playing Disater: Day of Crisis, it's pretty ordinary but still fun.

Oh. MARIO SMASH BROS. 2 is love, really it is.

Spoiler:
PS: Does anyone else find Ashley from Res4 really Annoying?
-MetroGnome
http://shillingly.blogspot.com>>Shameless self-promotion
http://themaximumride.proboards80.com>>

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Caramel
Goblin

Postby Caramel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm

I'm not sure I really have a favorite game. I pretty much love them all equally for different reasons. I consider myself a fan of Tomb Raider (I've only played the three most recent games, though). I only have three games for my PS3, and those are Tomb Raider Underworld, Uncharted and Motorstorm. I've rented Mirror's Edge, and it's a lot of fun, even though it takes me like ten millions times to figure out some moves.

Basically, I love Action/Adaventure games. The kind where you can look around the enviroments, fight the occasional enemy here and there, and figure out some puzzles. Games I don't really like are sports games, or RPGs. I just have no patience for Final Fantasy.

Oh! And I like sandbox type games, too, even though I've only played one (Spiderman 2 for PS2). I really want to try Assasin's Creed. Or another game I would like to try is Shadow of Colossus. That seems like a lot of fun! I also like Sims games, because I sometimes show my sadistic side to them if they're bugging me. I really should dust off my PS2 again...
You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

ImageImageImageImage
My last eggs died and were used to make an omelet. Please click these ones to save them from the same fate?

CCG
Gremlin
Location: Gateshead, newcastle (or more often the fangirl land inside my head XD)

Postby CCG » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:57 am

My favourite game is Kingdom Hearts. I love it so! But Super Smash Brothers Brawl is good as well. Think people curse when playing Halo? You haven't seen me and my friends playing Brawl...

Oh! Oh! Beyond Good and Evil! Possibly the most underrated game ever. One of the best games I've ever played, and yet because of bad advertising and other good games coming out at the same time it did very badly in sales.

Star Wars Battlefront is great fun, and who doesn't like tormenting nurturing their sims?

I could go on for a while...

Return to “Technology / Computer Gaming”