What will you do with your organs?

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:25 pm

rowan7 wrote:
Of course, I guess I'd be pretty willing alive too, as long as you're not asking for my brain or heart...

I don't think it is possible, to have a brain transplant. But that's not neccisarily what you meant right?

Er, yeah, brain transplants don't exist. If you think about the mechanics of it, it's quite obvious.

I don't think I'd ever donate an organ while still alive, unless it were to save someone I loved, but once I'm dead, a complete stranger can have my kidneys or liver or whatever. I'll be dead.
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

hater of mary sues
Tunnel Blue Spider
Location: in the deep taiga of russia (no really im from russia)

Postby hater of mary sues » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 pm

im dead! Why the hell would i need any of my organs at all? if a person is at risk of dieing because they dont have a organ and im already dead.... here you go have fun!
pie is awsome the russian mafia rules and if i read another mary sue i will stab all the people who write them!!!! Sorry

MASTER I
Council Member

Postby MASTER I » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:00 am

That's exactly what I think. I don't mind donating my organs to the people in more need of them when I die.

While I'm still alive, I'd donate one of my kidneys or something that won't be the death of me but can still benefit others.
"My tongue will tell the anger of my heart or else my heart concealing it will break and rather than it shall, I will be free even to the uttermost, as I please, in words."

"Talk not to me: I will go sit and weep
Till I can find occasion of revenge."

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:19 am

I recently had to make this decision when I got my first driver's license.

In Australia, you can have three options for you to decide (but your family can override it)

The first option is to let them take anything and everything. Eyes, skin, kidney, bone, heart, lungs etc.
The second option is to choose which organs you would like to donate, naming each individually.
The third option is to donate nothing.

I chose the first, but there are several things I don't understand.
Why should your next of kin be able to change your organ donor status after you die? Isn't it your decision?
And why donate some of your organs but not all?

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Re: What will you do with your organs?

Postby Centaurboi2 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:42 pm

I wouldn't mind donating a kidney while I'm alive and when I'm dead go ahead and take everything. I don't see why not.

Edit by CB2: removed caps lamness
Last edited by Centaurboi2 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

silverphoenix
Elf

Postby silverphoenix » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:10 am

Centaurboi2 wrote:JUST TAKE THEM. DON"T MAKE ME LOOK! I wouldn't mind donating a kidney while I'm alive and when I'm dead go ahead and take everything. I don't see why not, JUST TAKE THEM, I DON'T WANT OR FOR THAT MATTER NEED THEM I"M DEAD YOU FOOLS!!!!

Alright, we get the point! There's no need to go all caps-locky on us! I'm totally fine with donating my organs if I happen to die and my organs are still healthy. As long as they don't chop me up into little pieces during the process. Lol, I just had a vision of me in heaven. I'm having a conversation with an angel and I'm pointing at random people down on Earth saying things like, "And there's the old guy with my heart... and the little girl with my liver..."
"Did someone say Draco Malfoy?"

Apollo_au
Sprite

Postby Apollo_au » Thu May 03, 2007 9:31 am

I totally agree with you Silverphoenix. I don't care what happens to my organs once I die. It is not as if I am going to notice.
ImageImage
Hey Isn't Artemis a girls name?...Oh wait Apollo is a guys name....I'll get back to you on that one.

xxblackrose
Mud Man

Postby xxblackrose » Thu May 03, 2007 11:41 pm

hm...personally I don't mind. I'm not particularly fond of someone cuting me open when I'm dead, but if I can save a life, then yes, I'll do it.

But I don't my parents will be happy with the idea. They keep saying, "You want to die in one piece right?"
A rose by anyother name, smells as sweet. Is that a phrase or is that a uncivilised opinion on the world today?

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Fri May 04, 2007 10:52 am

Well, you actually become many pieces after you've died.

I don't see why there should be a problem with that. Even if you're super-religious, isn't it your sould that counts anyway?
ImageImageImageImageImage

BookWorm3
Commander

Postby BookWorm3 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:53 pm

If my organs could save a few lives after Im gone, then Im all for it. I agree with quite a few of you when I say that it won't matter because it's not like I will need them if Im dead.

As for lethe_naiad's question, I think that your soul is all that matters, so you won't even need you body after it's gone.

Wow not that I think about someone else using my insides, I should start eating better! Blue lol
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!
Image Image
I am STILL an official AFC SECRET AGENT! w00t! XD see my shiny badge?

xxblackrose
Mud Man

Postby xxblackrose » Sun May 27, 2007 11:39 pm

BookWorm3 wrote:Wow not that I think about someone else using my insides, I should start eating better! Blue lol

Haha, okay...maybe its time for me to start taking care of my organs too ^_^. I'm actually perfectly okay with donating my organs, seeing as I won't realise it or anything after I die...

PS: But I'm afraid they won't be able to use of lungs...they're really weak Very Happy I break into really bad cough fits if I breathe in cigg smoke...so no lung donations, but everything else is fine...
A rose by anyother name, smells as sweet. Is that a phrase or is that a uncivilised opinion on the world today?

Mo_Digence
Swear Toad

Postby Mo_Digence » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:34 am

I might donate my organs. Do at least one good thing for others.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:36 pm

Um, I think I'll be keeping my organs to myself. Not that it isn't a good, charitable thing to do, but the thought of being.... dissected, even if I'm not technically alive during the process, so I can't feel it, makes me have nightmares. The thought of other people's lives being saved is a good one though, so who knows.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

artyboy
Pixie
Real First Name: Nikolai

Postby artyboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:56 pm

i know this will sound selfish, but i would keep them, i don't like the idea of my organs being put into someone elses body:S

Juice
Pixie
Real First Name: Jo[CENSORED]

Postby Juice » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:03 am

When I die, my family gets to pick. Once I'm dead, I don't care much what happens to my body, as long as it isn't desacrated in any way.
"Coffee: Killing people and then bringing them back to life since 23,486 B.C."

Return to “The Debate Forum”