maturity males vs. females

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
cezen
Elf

Re: maturity males vs. females

Postby cezen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

cezen wrote:I'm sorry for not being mature enough to know what stereotype I'm supposed to fit into.

;_;

^EPIC WIN. :shiny:
Truth is: Texas sucks.

How is Gunny feeling on First Earth?

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 am

cezen wrote:I'm sorry for not being mature enough to know what stereotype I'm supposed to fit into.

;_;

XD

(Sorry to be getting a bit off-topic here, though).

Mystefier
Cave Troll

Postby Mystefier » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:33 pm

I would say it averages out that we are about equal. I think many women are quick to assume that they are more mature, which actually is a factor that would cause me to give boys more points for maturity. The fact that they aren't as quick to make the same assumption about girls, "They don't think like me and therefore they must not be as mature." It seems boys are more willing to be objective and consider that a girls way of seeing things may have validity even though it doesn't make as much sense to them. The ability to consider other people's point of view is a sign of maturity. Also, I'm not so sure about the boys not expressing emotion idea. I often find girls will express more emotion, but often not in a more productive way. If I guy doesn't like what you're doing he'll often let you know exactly what he doesn't like while girls often use vague expressions like, "It's just weird" "It's just creepy" and "you just don't get it." I've often found more of the assumption that guys are supposed to just know what the cause of her feelings are. Now, I know I've heard that women are better at picking up on nonverbal signals and such. If that's true, why don't you more often see women responding to the feeling and needs of the guys in their life. Either their not really picking up on his nonverbal signals as much as they often expect him to pick up on theirs, or they're thinking, "he's a guy so his feelings are not important." I think mature is not so much about expressing emotions, but about communicating your feelings clearly and with specifics. That's not something I see girls being better at. I will definitely only marry a women that can see a man as her equal rather than look down on him and assume he's not as mature just because he doesn't think like a women. The ability to be objective and try to understand another person's point of view is a very admirable quality.

Return to “The Debate Forum”