maturity males vs. females

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

maturity males vs. females

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:27 am

I was just woundering what you guys think about this. Are females realy more mature than males or are males the mature ones.

*thinks to self* "this should be interesting" *sits back with large popcorn (extra butter) 3D Glasses
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Re: maturity males vs. females

Postby sharkie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:01 pm

Well in terms of maturity with sexual things i think girls definetley.

I mean- my uncle John still does a get up and go when a period comes into the conversation and let's face it, have you ever heard of girls giving guys nicknames based on their *ahem* physical attributes.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Beckett Fowl
Swear Toad

Postby Beckett Fowl » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:29 pm

Heavens no. Maturity is based on experience, and the property to respond to situations in an appropriate manner through reason rather than impulse. It is a matter of the environment that you grow up in and the moral and ethical teachings you have been subjected to that dictates your maturity. The myth that girls are born with more maturity than guys is hogwash. You learn through experience and wisdom, and your past directly regulates your responses to different situations. So my answer, psychologically speaking, is no, unless every girl ever born into existance has been taught from birth to be more mature than men, and men are nothing more than a ludicrous parcel of driveling galoots.
Cheers to D'Arvit for making this signature
Per ruina nostri hostilis operor nos mereo nostrum salus.
Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Beckett Fowl wrote:Heavens no. Maturity is based on experience, and the property to respond to situations in an appropriate manner through reason rather than impulse. It is a matter of the environment that you grow up in and the moral and ethical teachings you have been subjected to that dictates your maturity. The myth that girls are born with more maturity than guys is hogwash. You learn through experience and wisdom, and your past directly regulates your responses to different situations. So my answer, psychologically speaking, is no, unless every girl ever born into existance has been taught from birth to be more mature than men, and men are nothing more than a ludicrous parcel of driveling galoots.

My counter to that- well first of all I think that you, no doubt think that you yourself are very mature. And you think, in a way that pisses so many people off, that drowning your vocabulary with unnessacary words is a good way to convey your maturity. This makes you sound pompous so please I advise that if you ever want people's respect- you won't do it.

And secondly- girls growing up ARE more mature than boys. They are not born that way, but they ARE.

Boys find it much harder to understand matters that affect the opposite sex. For example: On msn last week there was this group conversation and the other girl and I started having this looong discussion about our periods and blah blah blah (like how some people only get theirs every three or six months- UNFAIR)- the male is silent for the entire conversation. then the subject shifts to boobs (don't ask why it just did) and immediatley he perks up and starts yapping away and making crude statements.

It's not a bad thing that teenage (I'll say teenage, okay) boys aren't as mature as girls- but they just aren't. You do get immature girls but the fact is that I've found guys are much more likely to hold prejudices (towards gays and minorities). You're going to say that's a generalisation but I'm saying the last part from expieriance that males are much more likely to be homaphobic.
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:53 pm

I have to agree with Sharkie, and I'm trying not to be baised here either. Whilst, of course, it'snot a given rule. There will be immature girls and mature guys, but on average, girls do seem to mature faster. 8 out of 10 girls I know, are far more attracted to guys a few years older, simply because then, their maturity level is roughly equal.

Someone did once say that it had something to do with society; that girls were expected to be more mature, and so they are more likely to be, though I'm not quite sure that I believe that.

Just wondering, but does anyone know whether, physically, girls mature faster than boys on average, or not? Like hitting puberty etc. I was just curious, because I always thought it was roughly the same.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:07 pm

I was always taught that female mature before males though to be honest I'm not sure on this matter. Actual from some information i recently gathered on a site females actually do mature before males.

Puberty is the time in a girl's life when her body changes from that of a young girl to that of a woman. It is also the time when a girl becomes physically able to have babies. Although there is no "right" time for puberty to begin, it generally starts earlier for a girl than it does for a boy - usually between 9 and 13 years of age. This is why many girls are taller and may act more mature than boys for a few years until the boys catch up.

Girls are not the only ones who go through changes during puberty. Puberty for boys usually starts with a growth spurt at about 10 to 16 years of age. You may notice that you grow out of your clothes or shoes a lot faster than you used to. Don't worry, just as with girls, your hormones will balance out and your body will catch up.
http://www.aap.org/family/puberty.htm
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

artyboy
Pixie
Real First Name: Nikolai

Postby artyboy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:15 pm

what i've been told by my teacher is that girls are more mature than boys, and then at the age of about 15-16 the boys starts to catch up:D

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm

girls start puberty first- that's why 12 year old girls always tower over the boys before the growth spurt
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:55 pm

Actually I was always the tallest in my class I towered over everyone Very Happy I guess I'm a rare exception.

Arrnathoron
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Daniel

Postby Arrnathoron » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:38 pm

I can understand the growth spurt part. I have a sister who is 3 years older than me and I always used to be shorter. Now I'm 4 inches over her head XD

artyboy
Pixie

Postby artyboy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:05 pm

shiaw_bing2000 wrote:Actually I was always the tallest in my class I towered over everyone Very Happy I guess I'm a rare exception.

then I'm just as rare as you:D i have allways been the tallest too:D

RubberDucky
Gremlin

Postby RubberDucky » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:24 am

Is it just me or am I crazy but there seems to me that there are more girls posting on this thred then guys.?.
Toccos Away

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:53 pm

RubberDucky wrote:Is it just me or am I crazy but there seems to me that there are more girls posting on this thred then guys.?.
(semi-offtopic)> yes there are more girls than guys on this thread because there aren't many guys on this site to begin with.

(ontopic)> But what about emotional maturity. Mostly i think girls would also take the prize with this one because do you really see girls saying something like "your mom goes to college" or do you here girls brag and say i had sex last night (when they didn't). Though there are some guys that have a level of maturity that may egual a girls maturity. These guys are usually the quite ones that like to read. Though there arent very many.

If that makes any sense at all.

Jelly1029
Gremlin

Postby Jelly1029 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm

We all know that maturity is based on how we act, but don't male and female actions differ extremely? Girls are considered more mature because we are generally calmer, and are more likely to scream and cry than pick a physical fight. Adults see that as a better alternative, thus imprinting us with the idea that we are superior to guys in that way, which is not always true. Boys just know how to have a lot more fun. Wink

artyboy
Pixie

Postby artyboy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:26 pm

Jelly1029 wrote:We all know that maturity is based on how we act, but don't male and female actions differ extremely? Girls are considered more mature because we are generally calmer, and are more likely to scream and cry than pick a physical fight. Adults see that as a better alternative, thus imprinting us with the idea that we are superior to guys in that way, which is not always true. Boys just know how to have a lot more fun. Wink

in my opinion that's one of the biggest problems with females, they do "psykolical" terror against the people they don't like, and i can go on for months, while males beat eachother up, and a couple of hours later they can be friends again:D

Return to “The Debate Forum”