The Bible. Is it true?

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
User avatar
Griffar
Commander
Posts: 1165
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 am
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar
Location: sleeping. wait is that possible?
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby Griffar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:17 am

Lust is a sin, but having sex is not. We believe that sex is ok with the fact that it is needed to keep population. Going after sex because you are a sex fiend and live for sex we believe that is wrong
Image

I know you love one hundreds and thousands


Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

User avatar
sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady
Posts: 4596
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:33 am
Location: Land of Tweed, Tartan, and Deep Fried Mars Bars
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby sharkie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Griffar wrote:Lust is a sin, but having sex is not. We believe that sex is ok with the fact that it is needed to keep population. Going after sex because you are a sex fiend and live for sex we believe that is wrong



So if you think

'hey this guy is really hot, i want to have a piece of him' it's a sin, even if it's in the middle of sex.

But having sex with your daughter to keep the population up is A OK
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

User avatar
lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:49 am
Real First Name: Lauren
Location: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby lethe_naiad » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 pm

I love the way your brain works, Sharkie.

Why is lust a sin? Doesn't lust lead to population anyway?

I just don't understand the religious obsession with sex. It's perverted.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 11:26 pm
Real First Name: Patrick
Location: the dark abyss of my mind muhahahaha
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:46 pm

lethe_naiad wrote:I love the way your brain works, Sharkie.

Why is lust a sin? Doesn't lust lead to population anyway?

I just don't understand the religious obsession with sex. It's perverted.


As do I, although I didn't so much like it when i made a statement like that in a debate and then soon after I had her picking apart my arguement into bits and peices :P

...I don't think that lust in itself is a sin, for example a guy looking around and wanting to have sex with a really hot girs, which is normal. I don't think that is a sin. I beleive it is only a sin if you lust for another women while your married.

Yes there is an obsession with sex, i had never red those verses that Immortal pointed out... I beleive thathe bible was put together, all the letters and psalms and stuff, by ordinary men. Whose to say they didn't just put something in the translation, and then of course there was the fact that the letters and psalms were written by ordinary men. Of course then again the insest is taking it a bit far... :blink:
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Nikita
Tweetie
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Seattle Grace
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby Nikita » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Incest is NOT taking it a bit far, actually. There's incest in the Bible, isn't there?

In Genesis 19:33:

That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

Genesis 19:34:

The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father."

Genesis 19:35:


So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.




Again, it's not going too far. And since it's in the Bible, incest has got to be perfectly fine and right and natural, right?
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

User avatar
shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 11:26 pm
Real First Name: Patrick
Location: the dark abyss of my mind muhahahaha
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:56 am

Nikita wrote:Incest is NOT taking it a bit far, actually. There's incest in the Bible, isn't there?

In Genesis 19:33:

That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

Genesis 19:34:

The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father."

Genesis 19:35:


So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.




Again, it's not going too far. And since it's in the Bible, incest has got to be perfectly fine and right and natural, right?


I realize that there is insest in the bible but what i ment by them taking it to far was that the people back then took sex a bit to far by having sex with family members. I didn't mean that ya'll were taking it a bit to far by suggesting that insest was in the bible.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

User avatar
IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum
Posts: 2184
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:09 am
Location: The Untempered Schism
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:10 am

Nikita wrote:Incest is NOT taking it a bit far, actually. There's incest in the Bible, isn't there?

In Genesis 19:33:

That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

Genesis 19:34:

The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father."

Genesis 19:35:


So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.




Again, it's not going too far. And since it's in the Bible, incest has got to be perfectly fine and right and natural, right?


Do note...just because it happens in the Bible, doesn't mean that the Bible approves it. The Bible talks about Adulterous relationships ( The Lord tells Hosea to marry a prostitute. Object lesson moment), but does it condone adultery? HECK NO!
And, um, Hello, those passages are talking about Lot and his daughters...and his daughters aren't portrayed in a good light for doing it. If I remember correctly, their incest leads to the beginning of two nations that cause real problems for Israel later on. Which is normally the Bible's way of saying: not a good idea.

Also, Leviticus is chock full of "don't uncover the nakedness of your father/sister/brother/aunt/mother (etc.)" Seriously I read that part. It is actually amusing as a paraphrase of said passages is: "Don't uncover the nakedness of your sister...she's your SISTER!" I can just see God writing that: don't do it because...SHE'S YOUR SISTER! THAT'S JUST SICK!
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

"The price of freedom is learning to coexist with that which you hate." -- My
cousin.
Image
*rapes* I love you, Izzy. :P

Nikita
Tweetie
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Seattle Grace
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby Nikita » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:52 am

lmao, this is totally true. I had a headache when I wrote that, so I wasn't really paying attention to the validness of my point or that I said that rudely, which I did. My bad, sorry!

Anyone watch the Gossip Girl where Marcus made out with his STEPMOM? I mean, ew. lmao
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

User avatar
IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum
Posts: 2184
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:09 am
Location: The Untempered Schism
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:57 am

Nikita wrote:lmao, this is totally true. I had a headache when I wrote that, so I wasn't really paying attention to the validness of my point or that I said that rudely, which I did. My bad, sorry!



Awwww...you're too sweet. *hug* Is headache gone?
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

"The price of freedom is learning to coexist with that which you hate." -- My
cousin.
Image
*rapes* I love you, Izzy. :P

User avatar
Griffar
Commander
Posts: 1165
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 am
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar
Location: sleeping. wait is that possible?
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby Griffar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:25 am

IzzyTehMuse wrote:
Do note...just because it happens in the Bible, doesn't mean that the Bible approves it. The Bible talks about Adulterous relationships ( The Lord tells Hosea to marry a prostitute. Object lesson moment), but does it condone adultery? HECK NO!
And, um, Hello, those passages are talking about Lot and his daughters...and his daughters aren't portrayed in a good light for doing it. If I remember correctly, their incest leads to the beginning of two nations that cause real problems for Israel later on. Which is normally the Bible's way of saying: not a good idea.


I am with izzy teh muse and she/he is exactly right just because it is in the bible doesn't mean it is justifiable
Image

I know you love one hundreds and thousands


Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

User avatar
lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:49 am
Real First Name: Lauren
Location: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby lethe_naiad » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:38 am

It's condemned with Lot and Leviticus, but incest is still condoned by Genesis - If Adam and Eve are the first people in the world, their sons would have to marry their sisters in order to form the human race.

Same with Noah - his family were the only ones left on Earth after the flood.

Also, didn't Jacob marry not one, but two of his cousins?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Immortal
Skilled Necromancer
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:31 am
Real First Name: Lucifer
Location: 建國中學
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby Immortal » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:28 am

Unless they did it with apes and then God used his powers...ok that mental image was disturbing...exciting..but disturbing.

Personally the bible is a load of bunk. I seriously doubt Jesus Chirst even existed. All of the historians during the time of Christ didn't mention him, and the one guy that did was later proven to have had his original articles changed by the Church a few centuries later. Furthermore,
"The Christian Trinity ousted the old triads of gods, Osiris and Horus were represented by our Lord Jesus Christ, Isis by the Virgin Mary, Set the god of evil by Diabolus [Satan]…and the various Companies of the Gods by the Archangels, and so on."

Chistianity basically stole a lot of ideas from older religions, like the Egyptians. Set fights Horus in the desert, Satan fights Jesus in the desert. Study the Zodiac, early versions of the Crucifix is derived from it.

Nikita
Tweetie
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Seattle Grace
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby Nikita » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:59 pm

IzzyTehMuse wrote:Awwww...you're too sweet. *hug* Is headache gone?


*hugs back* Headache's still there, I think it's a sinus. But the wonders of Motrin (medicine) have made it hurt less. (:

Personally the bible is a load of bunk. I seriously doubt Jesus Chirst even existed. All of the historians during the time of Christ didn't mention him, and the one guy that did was later proven to have had his original articles changed by the Church a few centuries later.


I agree with your first sentence. But there's so much evidence toward the existence of Jesus Christ that it's basically impossible for him not to have existed. Every historian from the time period would have had to have lied for it not to have been true. Sure, Jesus probably wasn't all he was made out to be, and he may not have been the Son of God, but he definitely existed. And there was definitely more than one guy that wrote about Christ. Where'd you get these sources from?

Chistianity basically stole a lot of ideas from older religions, like the Egyptians. Set fights Horus in the desert, Satan fights Jesus in the desert. Study the Zodiac, early versions of the Crucifix is derived from it.


Well, yeah. That's really all religion is, isn't it? Building off of and learning from each other so you can find the true meaning of life. Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindus, all basically say the same thing - that God exists, and belief in him and good acts will lead you to salvation. They just disagree on the intricacies of it. Of course they'll rip off of each other, it's how you learn. Now, personally, I don't think belief in God would lead you to heaven. If there is a heaven, I think good acts would lead you to get there. But that's a different debate entirely. (:
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Caramel
Goblin
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:23 am
Location: In the Cosmos
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby Caramel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:00 pm

lethe_naiad wrote:It's condemned with Lot and Leviticus, but incest is still condoned by Genesis - If Adam and Eve are the first people in the world, their sons would have to marry their sisters in order to form the human race.

Same with Noah - his family were the only ones left on Earth after the flood.

Also, didn't Jacob marry not one, but two of his cousins?


The fact is is that they had to reproduce to get the human population going. And let's remember, Adam and Eve were perfect in their bodies. Which means they had no faults to pass on to their children. Their children however were not born absolutely perfect, because sin had befallen the world. They were probably very dang close though, so they could have children with their siblings. It took a very long time though to get to the point where it became unhealthy for one to have children with a family member, though.

And I believe Noah's three sons are what caused the different skin colours? I need to brush up, but one became the ancestor for the whites, the other Jews, and the other blacks? I even forget if this came before Bable. But anyways. Incest became a sin when our bodies could no longer handle having too many of the same gene having defects.
You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Image

ImageImageImageImage
My last eggs died and were used to make an omelet. Please click these ones to save them from the same fate?

User avatar
sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady
Posts: 4596
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:33 am
Location: Land of Tweed, Tartan, and Deep Fried Mars Bars
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: The Bible. Is it true?

Postby sharkie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Carmel do you want to quote the part of the bible that says "it became a sin when our body was unable to handle gene defects" because i think i missed that part.


What i find really irratating is how people like to make things up.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*


Return to “The Debate Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum : Disclaimer
cron

Login  •  Register