What do you think happens after you die?

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
Lucan
Centaur

Re: What do you think happens after you die?

Postby Lucan » Sat May 24, 2008 5:13 pm

I belive you go to heavan or hell. Although I belive after a certain time peroid you are allowed to be reincarnated with no memories of heaven or your previous lives, but when you go back to heavn/hell you remember everything.
---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/ ... i-24_2.jpg
Smile at the crocodile.

"They're like tootsie rolls on crack!"-Elin

hollyafowl
Gremlin

Postby hollyafowl » Sat May 24, 2008 7:05 pm

people we have one life and a short one to

lets not waste it talking about how we are going to die ...
or what happens after it .
lets think about that when we come to it ...
"If I win ,I'm a prodigy.If I lose then I'm mad .That's the way history is written."

Falling Leaf
Atlantean
Real First Name: Agent 96

Postby Falling Leaf » Sat May 24, 2008 9:13 pm

I honestly believe that people whom have not accomplished what they were capable of accomplishing while living and or have "unfinished business" do not die but become earth-bound, I guess you could call those people ghosts. Hm but the thought of not existing does kind of creep me out but hey, we were not existing when we were not even close to dying and I mean not having been born when I say that. I do not believe in Heaven or Hell because it just seems too unrealistic but I do believe in reincarnation and past lives. Hm but the whole ghost concept trifles with the reincarnation one because reincarnation is like living until you reach great enlightenment...something like that and living you life to the fullest could be considering reaching enlightenment. Living is a not a small matter and so if someone indeed does have past lives, of course they will remember bits and pieces of them but for those who have lived their lives to the fullest...I do not know what happens to them.
~ 1896 ~

Image Image Image

AFfan
Atlantean
Real First Name: Kevin
Location: On a computer. Most likely at my house, but possibly somewhere else

Postby AFfan » Sun May 25, 2008 1:17 am

[sorry.little late]
Godsake. Don't try and make yourself out to be a victim. This is the debating forum. You'll have to get used to the fact that if your preach I will yell at you because belive it our not I don't agree with you.

Sharkie, are you also saying that the people who just posted, who believe in reincarnation, were preaching? David was just simply stating his beliefs just like the people above, which was made very clear when he said, "This is what I believe".
So, if you're saying that the above people were not preaching but David was, you obviously have a personal grudge against either David or christians. If you're saying that they all were preaching, then your definition of the word is different and maybe you just shouldn't post here.
Hey. I'm an Artemis Fowl fan

A + F + fan = AFfan! (genius, isn't it)

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun May 25, 2008 2:10 am

AFfan wrote:[sorry.little late]
Godsake. Don't try and make yourself out to be a victim. This is the debating forum. You'll have to get used to the fact that if your preach I will yell at you because belive it our not I don't agree with you.

Sharkie, are you also saying that the people who just posted, who believe in reincarnation, were preaching? David was just simply stating his beliefs just like the people above, which was made very clear when he said, "This is what I believe".
So, if you're saying that the above people were not preaching but David was, you obviously have a personal grudge against either David or christians. If you're saying that they all were preaching, then your definition of the word is different and maybe you just shouldn't post here.

no actually, my point is that he wasn't just saying. What I've said plenty of times is that he wasn't saying this is what I believe (which is what everyone has done and if they haven't I have said the same thing) he came out right and said "You're all going to hell." I keep saying that.

If someone said "You guys are so silly don't you realise that you're all going to be reincarnated" Iwould treat them the same.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Gibbering moron
Centaur
Real First Name: bry

Postby Gibbering moron » Tue May 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Maybe life is like a loop, however we do not remember what is in it when we restart. To be honest there is so much about life that we do not know or could ever understand, for all we know we could already be dead. We could be looking back on our lives or reliving them. For all we know it is 10 years into the future from the date it is now. For all we know nothing round us is real, the laptop I'm typing on might, in reality, be something else. The only thing anyone can ever be sure of is that they are thinking. In fact there are day's when i don't think the world around me is real because it's to perfect, but in the end i decided it's best just to live and enjoy myself in this world and life.

Urm sorry, just showing my view to everyone entirely here, is that philosophical?
Sometimes to see the way forward we must take a step back and look around.

Life isn't like a book, in a book you can rewrite the bad chapters....

Bookworm-ilovebooks
Commander
Real First Name: Maggie

Postby Bookworm-ilovebooks » Wed May 28, 2008 1:49 am

when i die i will go to a place made out of choclot that dosnt make me fat! :laughing:
[color=#8000FF]There are a million things people will do for five dollars, but there are only five things they won’t do for a million.

Always expect the worse, no matter what, you won’t be disappointed.
[color]

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:56 am

Gibbering moron wrote:Maybe life is like a loop, however we do not remember what is in it when we restart. To be honest there is so much about life that we do not know or could ever understand, for all we know we could already be dead. We could be looking back on our lives or reliving them. For all we know it is 10 years into the future from the date it is now. For all we know nothing round us is real, the laptop I'm typing on might, in reality, be something else. The only thing anyone can ever be sure of is that they are thinking. In fact there are day's when i don't think the world around me is real because it's to perfect, but in the end i decided it's best just to live and enjoy myself in this world and life.

Urm sorry, just showing my view to everyone entirely here, is that philosophical?

That's so deep... it's like something my friend came up with. She was thinking "what if I'm the only one here and the way I see things is totally different from the way other people see things, what if this earth is only mine and everyone in it is just a figment of my imagination and reacting to what I say and do, nothing more..." it was a creepy thought.
I kind of think your way too... I sometimes wonder If I'm not just reliving what's already been done to see things differently. But I still like the idea of a heaven and everything, it makes you feel like you're not walking on a thin string across a bottomless black pit that makes creepy noises, and you don't know what that noise is....at least there's a little bit of light shined into the pit this way.

Did that make sense at all?
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Gibbering moron
Centaur
Real First Name: bry

Postby Gibbering moron » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Yeah, that made sense, don't worry. :)

That's really interesting to think about. That no one round you is real, it might explain some things.

I understand what you mean by walking on a thin strip, it nicer to think you are going in the kind of direction you want and not what you have to do because it's fate. Basically it's nice to feel you get your on choices in life.

Something i was thinking the other day was what if, our parents had never meet, would we may a different person, maybe part of two people, or maybe we just wouldn’t exist at all...
It's a strange thought.
Sometimes to see the way forward we must take a step back and look around.

Life isn't like a book, in a book you can rewrite the bad chapters....

TwiggyLynn
Cave Troll

Postby TwiggyLynn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:52 am

Purely going on my own opinion here, I believe that there is a different plane, one of which we sometimes catch glimpses of, and that is what most call a "ghost sighting". When we die, I believe our bodies in this plane of existence cease to function, but our spirits live on, and continue on to this other realm. Not technically heaven, but not technically hell either. I don't believe there is one single entity that judges us, based on our life, and either condemns us, or blesses us. That just seems purely illogical to me. But, don't mind me, I just strolled into this ongoing conversation. :)
"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Azura Koboi
Atlantean
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Azura Koboi

Postby Azura Koboi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:21 am

Well, my religion tells me that I get reincarnated, but I hope there will be a Wish List sort of thing, you know, heaven, hell, limbo, purgatory, etc.
A swirl of colors, a gentle tinkling music, the scent of flowers. An apparition appears. Voices sing softly, melodically as the vision shimmers. The beautiful spirit beckons, urging you forward.
It is the Illuminate Spectre.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
****************************Do not click on this link.****************************

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
AFC Fan Fiction Name: AFCutie
Location: Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Postby afcutie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:41 am

I grew up believing in Christian faith. When you die you just don't die. Once yo die you get judged by God himself. You'll be sitting in his throne and he'll ask you one simple question "Why should you go to heaven?". The most known answer is "Oh I've been good" or "I've lived a close to perfect life" the simple answer is Jesus Christ. Since Jesus Christ is our savior. And many believe that Jesus is make believe. But his not 'cause if he was then their will be no eyewitnesses. And a true religion is a religion with eyewitnessess. and to conclude once you get judged God will decide if you go to heaven or hell.

dudete98
Atlantean

Postby dudete98 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:38 am

When you die they bury you to rot.
Well, I was born into chrisainality but I believe that if you want to when you die you can stay on earth or be born again only if you want to

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:05 pm

dudete98 wrote:When you die they bury you to rot.
Well, I was born into chrisainality but I believe that if you want to when you die you can stay on earth or be born again only if you want to

I'd like to point out that when you die many people get cremated. Just saying
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Eledor
Gremlin

Postby Eledor » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:01 pm

As I am Christian, I believe that after my death, I will go to heaven or hell afterbeing judged by God.
+There is no better proof of love than dying for those we love.
+Books are the keys that opens the doors of dreams and imagination, knowing and acknowledgements.
+If you want to work, sit somewhere and wait until it has passed.^^

Return to “The Debate Forum”