What do you think happens after you die?

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
Starmie Flow Jr.
Gremlin

Re: What do you think happens after you die?

Postby Starmie Flow Jr. » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:55 pm

I believe that each and every theory and belief previously posted is both wrong and right, or neither wrong nor right , whichever you prefer. I believe that, like God himself, the afterlife is what it's perceived to be by whatever differing individuals preconceived notions. Which means it's whatever you want/think/expect it to be. To a certain extent. So Gibbering Moron's theory may be closer to the truth than we think, or like to.

What if .........there were no hypothetical situations?

holly11short
Gremlin
Real First Name: Kate

Postby holly11short » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 am

I kind of have a thing like Gibbering Moron said. My best friend and I were thinking one day, and we were talking about how everyone kind of has their own world. I have my world. The only thing I really know is that I am me. Everything in my world, to me, is real. But for some reason it's hard to think that other people have their own worlds too. Sometimes I'll see a random person in the street and think, "What are they thinking? Do they see what I see?" and my mind gets kind of lost in an abyss where nothing seems real. Another thing is my best friend said well if the people here have their own worlds, do people in our dreams have their own worlds too? Are they just as real as we believe we are? And if people in dreams have worlds, are we just a moving world in another person's dream? I've been doing a lot of thinking and reminicing on really early memories lately and I've found that when you're a little kid, everything seems almost like a dream. Nothing in this world really makes sense, it only does once its laws are explained to us by people who were here before we even existed. And so everything's really sort of a dream, but its laws are slowly becoming really definable and we are born learning that these laws are facts of how our universe runs.

But anyway, just something to think about. And back to the topic, I believe that we go to Heaven or Hell. I believe that the dead can visit us in our dreams. My Grandfather passed away a little more than a year ago now, and he's visited me twice in my dreams, just signs to show me that he's happy. I know it's him because he will appear out of no where. He's not a part of the dream I was having at all, and he's not a part of the next one, but he's just there. He smiled at me to show me he was alright. Sometimes I get a stray thought in my head about what if our spirit stays in our body after we die? The body stops to function, but the spirit remains in it? I guess it doesn't make much sense, but it was just a random thought.
"That's what happens when you're a genius." The centaur smiled. "Look, I scraped an F for Foaly!"

The daruma doll fell o...
Spoiler:
VER!!!!

Hufflepuffs are great finders!
What the h*** is a Hufflepuff?

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Many people 'see the dead' - the brain's way of consoling grief by telling itself the dead are happy, or with you and stuff. Personally I kinda believe in spirits, ect. I'm unsure really. Reincarnation is very convincing when you read stories, and so are stories of poltergeists and ghousts but no one is ever certain. I have a vivid memory of seeing four ghousts when I was about 4.
Maybe there is magic in this world yet to come. Scientifically an after-life is impossible, but some stories are so convincing, difference being science has proof.

But I also believe, that whatever puts your mind at rest, makes you happy, is fine. We all want to be happy and at peace, so believe what you want to make your life easier right? I believe everything happens for a reason, when in reality they don't, everything just falls into place. But if I believe that when things go wrong I can tell myself there is a bigger plot behind it all.
I see you too! XD

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:00 am

After-life isn't possible prove by Scientificall methods, not that science have any proofs against it. Similiary as consciousness is impossible prove. They can create AI with neurons like system, but they can't give it something so maetaphysical as consciousnes nor prove it. there isn't even proof that behind your eyes one. That is something only you are able know and you can't know if I have one.I hope you get my point (this is something many philosoph thinkink about)

Personaly I dislike idea of faith as mean of consoling grief. I belive there is after-life, but if there weren't I don't wanna have anything with this, any ilusional happiness nor false peace. These things are meaningless.
Last edited by Tenzen12 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen

Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

lack
Cave Troll

Postby lack » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:55 am

The Quantum suicide theory states that you only witness the universe where you live. So therefore you will only die if and only if there is no other possible atlternitive. So therefore you may not ever die if there is a possible outcome where you live. But after death... I am not sure I would like to belove you go to heaven/he'll but honestly I just cant wrap my head around dieing.

bluealice
Sprite
Real First Name: Alsacia

Postby bluealice » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:38 pm

My relatives, and friends (my enemies... if ever I have) are TOTALLY going to MOURN... It's a common action... While I, on the other dimension, is being given a choice (by of course, The Almighty God) if I still want to live or die---as a chance to change my sinful acts (Reincarnation)
That's what I THINK
ZZZ

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Again this God argument screws a lot of things up, because tbh I just believe your body decomposes, no afterlife. Sure I sometimes kid myself into believing in stuff for hope or comfort or whatever but overall we're just cells. Evolution is practically fact, and all we are is giant walking proteins with chemical reactions.
I see you too! XD

bluealice
Sprite
Real First Name: Alsacia

Postby bluealice » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:21 pm

*Not your dead body... But from another human's body.. and when you were born AGAIN, you wouldn't even know your soul existed (maybe your subconscious mind)... But somehow, the places you've never been before would look familiar. And if you think your mind thinks more mature than others (same age)... you might be an old soul. And your loyal old best friend must have been your mother before... or father... sister or brother.. who knows? maybe your worst enemy?... Just for clarification*
ZZZ

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Wow it is long time when I see such mishmash of religous without any order.
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen

Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

Return to “The Debate Forum”