Young Love

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Re: Young Love

Postby bentj96 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 pm

hyunjoonglovie wrote:A couple in my grade have been going out since grade 8. We are now ending our 12th year of school at 17 years of age, so they would've been 12/13 when they got together. I honestly think it is possible for two very young teens to get together and have a serious relationship. Or that they can at least start to build a very strong relationship.

It's too rare... Mature teenagers are definitely way too hard to find. Either way, they probably won't be together for much longer. People change quickly when they move away from home and each other. Most of the time it's either peer pressure or just mistaking something else for love.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

levina
Commander

Postby levina » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:55 am

-

Athena32
Goblin
AFC Fan Fiction Name: MyshiCorp

Postby Athena32 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:23 pm

I feel like dating at an age less than 7th grade is silly. People haven't fully matured yet, and are just too young. I suppose it's a choice made by the person wanting to date, and the parents, but I still feel it's wrong.
Just to make things clear, the kind of dating I'm talking about is physical contact, full on relationship. Holding hands occasionally and sitting together in the lunch room is okay, but a real romantic relationship is too much.

Another thing that bothers me regarding this topic is how every girl (and a few guys, but girls are stereotyped to be the love crazy ones) is expected to have a date or a crush. It drives me crazy, because every time I tell someone that I don't have a crush, they just give me that "oh really..." look. Just because I am a teen doesn't mean I have to be hopelessly in love!
Dating young is a part of peer expectations, and I think that is what persuades most young people to date.
I'm fine, seeing as you asked.-Foaly
Gnommish… Gnommish… What blasted translation system doesn’t have Gnommish?

Return to “The Debate Forum”