Young Love

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
optiguy
Council Member
Real First Name: Darius

Re: Young Love

Postby optiguy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:53 pm

I agree with artyboy. It shouldn't be called "love" when your at that age. But it's possible that people can make a lasting relationship.

PAGE CLAIM!!!
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
-Rose Kennedy.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Griffar wrote:I am only thirteen and a heap of my friends are the same and one of my best friends has been going out with a girl for 18 months. I think they are doing well enough and they seem fine.

They've been "going out" since they were 11 or 12? No offence, but it doesn't sound like it could be a real relationship. By real, I mean you can't be emotionally mature enough for it at that age. They've barely hit puberty, if at all; it's probably just good friends with a little bit of a crush on each other.

EDIT: There's no need to page claim every thread, optiguy
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:59 pm

i have two friends that have been going out for almost two years now (they're fifteen) and they get on very well together they were best friends before then they just sort of blossomed into something more its almost romantic really. They are really happy with each other and ive seen them fight a few times but they got over it by the time the end of the day came rolling by.

so i think it depends on what kidn of a person you are to determine if you are ready for a real relationship wth someone of the oposite sex.
but i think under thirteen is kind of the cut off point.

i have a ntoher pair fo friends and they got together when they were eleven. they were together for three months. but they never went on a date and all they did was hug.

they were really just good friends but thought they were in a relatiionship. three months after they "hooked up" the guy said "i dont wanna be your boyfriend anymore. and then went off and asked out a prettier blonde girl the next day. he got rejected as he should've been (dont worry hes not a jerk anymore hes a reallly sweet guy now)

but the whole female population of year 5 hated him after that.

I think that boys and girls under thirteen dont really udnerstand what a real relationship even is. a lot of them are just in it for the novelty of kissing someone other than their mothers.

now i am going to pose a question to you all thats sorta on the "young love" subject

do you think it is okay for minors to be in relationships with majors?
and also the problem of sex, if you are a sixteen year old girl and you have a nineteen year odl boyfriend, it is against the law to have sex with him, but you know him and hes an okay guy, should you do it even though its illegal?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
i love that sentence
Spoiler:
At Sunday Mass four Catholic mothers were chatting amiably.
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"

OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

I think his expression shows he is thinking philosophical thoughts.
Spoiler:
ITS OPTIGUY!

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Well, in NSW the legal age is 16 so that's actually not illegal.

I think you can't make a judgement on a situation like that because every case is different. However, both parties know what they're doing, and they should be free to decide for themselves.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:07 pm

ummm, in most states it's 16 or 17, only a few are 18. They have a law called statstistory sexual seduction, or something like that. If your 15 or younger and having sex with an 18 year old, it's against the law. And apparently if you tell people that work at teen health places that, they can call the cops even if you were doing it willingly..
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Yes but the thing is that if you then refuse to say you had sex in court, even if everyone knows you did, the other person can't get charged.

I think For things like a 17 year old or 16 year old with a 15 year old, it's fine. And no one really cares, so yeah they are illegal but no one is going to report you. The law is more there to protect children than to stop 17 year olds dating 15 year olds.

Besides, the law is only against sex.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 pm

yes i know its only against sex but do you think that they should have relationships at all? if its wrong?

there arent any laws against incest but people stil think its wrong so why cant it be the same for young love?
Spoiler:
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"

OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

Spoiler:
ITS OPTIGUY!

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Hot_N_Spicy wrote:yes i know its only against sex but do you think that they should have relationships at all? if its wrong?

there arent any laws against incest but people stil think its wrong so why cant it be the same for young love?

there are laws against incest, you can't marry your brother or sister. And incest is wrong because it causes genetic problems.

I don't think a 17 year old going out with a 15 year old is wrong, but if the age gap is any bigger it gets wierd. Until they are 16, it all depends on the person.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Immortal
Skilled Necromancer
Real First Name: Lucifer

Postby Immortal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 pm

In Adelaide it's ok to have sex at the age of ten with parental supervision. Here in Taiwan we're actually pretty damn conservative. None of my classmates are going out or are pregnant. They're 14/15. Admittedly, I do have a crush on another girl of my same age, but it's healthy in the sense that I haven't commited any crimes. other than stalking. I don't even know what kissing is. Yet. Also, what people are attracted to change as people change as they grow...

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 pm

In Adelaide it's ok to have sex at the age of ten with parental supervision

That's just plain creepy. Seriously. Creepy.

yes i know its only against sex but do you think that they should have relationships at all? if its wrong?

I'm confused, are you saying that if there's a law against having sex if you're under 16, you should also not have relationships under that age? Thing is, relationships don't automatically equal sex. In fact, it'd probably be a good idea have a few relationships before you have sex for the first time, so by then you know how to make a relationship work (to some extent) and you've been with a few guys/girls so you know if you like this one enough to lose your virgnity to them. And there are other things you can do without having sex which is perfectly legal.

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:52 am

no i dont mean sex i mean just a plain relationship with say a 16 year old with a 25 year old

or a 35 year old with a 60 year old
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
ITS OPTIGUY!

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:30 am

I think when you're like 13/14 you might have a relationship and you might think it's real and it could even be real (I believe Juliet was only 14 when she fell in love with Romeo).

I don't think there's any harm in doing it but in my opinion it's pointless to have a relationship unless you know what you're doing and about who you're dating. Nobody should have a relationship for any reason besides they really like each other and are happy hanging out together.

And about age differences, I think you could fall in love with anyone, you night be surprised in life. It might not be common, but as I said, as long as they really like each other, age doesn't matter. Age is but a number.
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Pffft, Romeo and Juliet weren't in love at all. And even if they were, look what happened to them! xD

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 pm

yeah it went from "Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo" to "Oh happy Dagger" :P

uh well lets see, the easiest way I could do this is devide it into age groups.

0-10 at this age they will doubtfully know the actual meaning of the word love and the only thing they'll think when somone comes over is "Yay someone to jump on the trampoline with" although some poeple do have a higher sense of reasoning at this age but its doubtfull that they would use the word love to describe what they feel for each other.

11-13 this is probably just a fad thing. Usually at this age the nerdy people try to go out with the cool people and try to move up on the social ladder and its just a mess. :P Either way at this stage its mostly curiousity of the opposite sex. although I have met people who started a relationship at 13 and are still going strong when they graduate highschool... it usually doesn't happen.

14 - this is the age where we become mature enough to not just go out with someone to satisfy our curiostiy but rather to find somone who we might want to be in a lasting relationship with.

15+ deffinetely. I don't need to embelish because most people here are 15+ :P

but then again it depends on how you define love. *shrugs*
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Azura Koboi
Atlantean
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Azura Koboi

Postby Azura Koboi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:08 pm

A third person came up. (holy sh*t, am I really that good-looking? No. -.-) I like him. :) Neither of us actually want to go out, though. We both understand that it's a bit stupid to do that. XD He's a really sweet guy.
A swirl of colors, a gentle tinkling music, the scent of flowers. An apparition appears. Voices sing softly, melodically as the vision shimmers. The beautiful spirit beckons, urging you forward.
It is the Illuminate Spectre.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
****************************Do not click on this link.****************************

Return to “The Debate Forum”