Death

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
User avatar
bentj96
Ruler of the People
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby bentj96 » Sat May 14, 2011 12:10 am

Frondish17 wrote:thanks, ILiveForTheDay :) Yes, you are correct, Islam did come from Ishmael, and there are some amazing biblical applications to be derived from that specific fact, but I won't go into that right now.

Also, Tenzen, you made some extremely good points, especially about how God said within the Bible that the Israelites shouldn't have kings in the first place, but it only happened because they rebelled against His wishes. *high five* Also, I like your point about the fact that God made night and day while he was creating the world and so the whole days/years theory is kind of null and void.

Like Tenzen said, there are contradictions that people will not be able to answer, at least not right off the bat or immediately. But this is where faith comes into play, you know? Also, I would recommend, benj96, that you at least read the Bible before you start voicing conspiracy theories about it.


@Frondish, I really never thought about that. How the Bible does tell stories of things over time. It is unlikely that it was written by a group of people because it would be difficult to maintain a similar writing style and maintain such an organization, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Perhaps I didn't phrase it right. A king does not equal kingdom. It can be used like that, but it's a general name for a ruler, someone with power to control the land.

About the woman dying in the hospital bed, maybe she's psychic? Otherwise, she knew about the person putting the hat on the roof anyways, or maybe the kid liked to wear socks that didn't match.

@ILiveForTheDay, I congratulate you on not reacting like Frondish. You at least tried to understand, but I don't think you get it. A good ruler would do such a thing. For most people, the only true goal is happiness. That's why there must be religion or what we see these days, material happiness.

The Greek gods are not a good comparison because they really only brought despair. Sacrifice this or you won't get this. That's why nobody believes in them anymore. God brings happiness. That's why the churches had a major role in the Dark Ages. People only found solace in religion. A ruler could pretend that such a think existed so their peasants didn't kill themselves right and left.

Perhaps it wasn't very clear what my beliefs are. I'm questioning evolution now that I have more knowledge, but I'm still not convinced about the afterlife and religion.

@Tenzen, I bet those scientist turn to religion because they are simply so baffled. That's not believing anything.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?


"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

User avatar
Tenzen12
Pixie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: Czech republic
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby Tenzen12 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:33 am

They are as baffle as me, but realy you don't even trying be objective and unlike others you didn't said single argument.This is supposed be debate thread. So gather information from both camps look for flaws in our statment and look for explanation of yours. Bashing never persuaded anyone. I have atheistic friend and I love our discusions but I don't see anything like that here.
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen

Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

User avatar
ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:48 pm
Real First Name: ForeverDay
Location: A little town I like to call home.
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat May 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Okay, I'm going to pick a couple of things out.

About the woman dying in the hospital bed, maybe she's psychic? Otherwise, she knew about the person putting the hat on the roof anyways, or maybe the kid liked to wear socks that didn't match.

But what is psychic? And is every single person who's ever had a near death experience psychic?

But I wasn't actually talking about near death experiences when I said about testimony. For me, it's the things that have happened while I've been alive that have really cemented my faith. Something as simple as being unable to submit an entry that I'd worked on for days (days. It took forever), praying and that next try it going through no problem, or something like someone being healed instantly from deafness (A friend of mine is witness to that. She's very into missionary work, and the person went from being completely unable to hear to about 45% of her hearing). There are hundreds of testimony's. Thousands. And they prove to me that I'm not worshiping a dead thing, or an idea. The relationship again.

You at least tried to understand, but I don't think you get it. A good ruler would do such a thing. For most people, the only true goal is happiness. That's why there must be religion or what we see these days, material happiness.

The Greek gods are not a good comparison because they really only brought despair. Sacrifice this or you won't get this. That's why nobody believes in them anymore. God brings happiness. That's why the churches had a major role in the Dark Ages. People only found solace in religion. A ruler could pretend that such a think existed so their peasants didn't kill themselves right and left.

I'm not sure entirely what else there is to get. Yes, in the end we want to be happy. The Greek gods didn't only bring despair, they brought fear and hope. And yet, there was no relationship. It was very much a 'please don't hurt me big bad guys'. They were created to unite a people under one set of gods. And they didn't last.
We really don't know much about the Dark Ages, so I assume we're assuming that they only found solace in religion. But why? Why is there that need inside us all for something bigger? This is going over very old ground, but the questions still ring true.
I don't know how to phrase the next bit. Rulers frequently just went with the church/ordered the people to follow it's teachings. Did they stop revolts? Occasionally. Was that the only reason for religion? Maybe for the rulers for order, but if they'd banned it it wouldn't have stopped it happening. Without religion do we turn into murderous heathens? No. It says that the rules are written on our hearts. Our consciences would stop us becoming completely uncivilized. You mention material happiness. That's a god. There's very much a money-worship culture we have today.
That was a very ill thought out argument, but I think it came through. I still don't quite understand what I don't understand. Religion is a basic foundation of our society for whatever reasons.

I bet those scientist turn to religion because they are simply so baffled. That's not believing anything.

I'm sorry, but I find that a very weak argument. Just maybe they've seen the awesome creation that's outdoors, the complexity of a single cell, and gone 'Woah, this couldn't have been an accident'. Maybe it's been more a process of elimination than just a 'I don't know what this is I'm gonna try religion.'
Smart people are smart.
Try reading one of their books. They'll definitely phrase it better than I can (And please read the arguments for all religions. They're just as important)
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

***
It's ALIVE.

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

User avatar
bentj96
Ruler of the People
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby bentj96 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:07 am

ILiveForTheDay wrote:Okay, I'm going to pick a couple of things out.

About the woman dying in the hospital bed, maybe she's psychic? Otherwise, she knew about the person putting the hat on the roof anyways, or maybe the kid liked to wear socks that didn't match.

But what is psychic? And is every single person who's ever had a near death experience psychic?

But I wasn't actually talking about near death experiences when I said about testimony. For me, it's the things that have happened while I've been alive that have really cemented my faith. Something as simple as being unable to submit an entry that I'd worked on for days (days. It took forever), praying and that next try it going through no problem, or something like someone being healed instantly from deafness (A friend of mine is witness to that. She's very into missionary work, and the person went from being completely unable to hear to about 45% of her hearing). There are hundreds of testimony's. Thousands. And they prove to me that I'm not worshiping a dead thing, or an idea. The relationship again.

You at least tried to understand, but I don't think you get it. A good ruler would do such a thing. For most people, the only true goal is happiness. That's why there must be religion or what we see these days, material happiness.

The Greek gods are not a good comparison because they really only brought despair. Sacrifice this or you won't get this. That's why nobody believes in them anymore. God brings happiness. That's why the churches had a major role in the Dark Ages. People only found solace in religion. A ruler could pretend that such a think existed so their peasants didn't kill themselves right and left.

I'm not sure entirely what else there is to get. Yes, in the end we want to be happy. The Greek gods didn't only bring despair, they brought fear and hope. And yet, there was no relationship. It was very much a 'please don't hurt me big bad guys'. They were created to unite a people under one set of gods. And they didn't last.
We really don't know much about the Dark Ages, so I assume we're assuming that they only found solace in religion. But why? Why is there that need inside us all for something bigger? This is going over very old ground, but the questions still ring true.
I don't know how to phrase the next bit. Rulers frequently just went with the church/ordered the people to follow it's teachings. Did they stop revolts? Occasionally. Was that the only reason for religion? Maybe for the rulers for order, but if they'd banned it it wouldn't have stopped it happening. Without religion do we turn into murderous heathens? No. It says that the rules are written on our hearts. Our consciences would stop us becoming completely uncivilized. You mention material happiness. That's a god. There's very much a money-worship culture we have today.
That was a very ill thought out argument, but I think it came through. I still don't quite understand what I don't understand. Religion is a basic foundation of our society for whatever reasons.

I bet those scientist turn to religion because they are simply so baffled. That's not believing anything.

I'm sorry, but I find that a very weak argument. Just maybe they've seen the awesome creation that's outdoors, the complexity of a single cell, and gone 'Woah, this couldn't have been an accident'. Maybe it's been more a process of elimination than just a 'I don't know what this is I'm gonna try religion.'
Smart people are smart.
Try reading one of their books. They'll definitely phrase it better than I can (And please read the arguments for all religions. They're just as important)


I really think you should calm down. Your missing the most obvious things.

1) There are thousands of testimonies for near-death experiences, but who is to say that isn't just a hallucination created by random synapses going off in our brains? I know some specific stories may make you suspicious, but we are biased to believe that this is because the afterlife exists.

Blindness being healed at random isn't inexplicable. It's possible that there was some type of physical barrier that was pinching her nerves, or her nerves just happened to heal at the same time in that certain area. I don't know the details, but it doesn't help you much if I don't know all the possibilities.

2)Greek gods did also bring fear and hope, but that's derived from despair isn't it? Blindly hoping because you have no other choice?

It's quite obvious why religion is a basic foundation of our society. It's a form of evolution. Humans need answers, and they need a reason to live. They can think, so a life of an animal would just make us feel depressed. We need it to feel good, so that's why we have it. It may be because of a god, or it may just be instinct.

I mentioned that in the Dark Ages, religion gave people solace. It made them feel like they could leave their world of poverty and ascend to the heavens. That, or they just needed answers.

3)I'm not sure how this is a weak argument. I feel rather insulted by how much you underestimate me and how you treat me like a naive child. I've seen the complexity of a cell, I know how unlikely amino-acids were created by lightning, I understand how complex a single cell is, let alone a multicellular organism with organ systems seems impossible. The level of complexity is absolutely ridiculous. Like I said before. I'm questioning evolution now that I have more knowledge, but I'm still not convinced about the afterlife and religion.

You said it yourself, by process of elimination. So they are simply baffled. They have no answer; they go to the thing that hasn't been disproved or isn't extremely unlikely.

In a multiple choice test, you have no clue what the answer is, so you look at the one that isn't impossible. You are baffled, so you resort to process of elimination.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?


"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

User avatar
Frondish17
Pixie
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 pm
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby Frondish17 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:46 am

bentj96 wrote:I really think you should calm down. Your missing the most obvious things.

1) There are thousands of testimonies for near-death experiences, but who is to say that isn't just a hallucination created by random synapses going off in our brains? I know some specific stories may make you suspicious, but we are biased to believe that this is because the afterlife exists.

Blindness being healed at random isn't inexplicable. It's possible that there was some type of physical barrier that was pinching her nerves, or her nerves just happened to heal at the same time in that certain area. I don't know the details, but it doesn't help you much if I don't know all the possibilities.

I'm not sure how this is a weak argument. I feel rather insulted by how much you underestimate me and how you treat me like a naive child. I've seen the complexity of a cell, I know how unlikely amino-acids were created by lightning, I understand how complex a single cell is, let alone a multicellular organism with organ systems seems impossible. The level of complexity is absolutely ridiculous. Like I said before. I'm questioning evolution now that I have more knowledge, but I'm still not convinced about the afterlife and religion.


I think I just summed up your religion in one word, benj96: You seem to have a devout belief in coincidence.
Image

[/center]
Them, we liked

User avatar
Tenzen12
Pixie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: Czech republic
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby Tenzen12 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 am

I can't disagree though bentj96 arguments make sense, I found them unlikely but not imposible.

I am little sceptic about these near-death experiences myself, though I don't have such firm opinion as bentj

Healed blindes in such manner is also possible, but there are cases which can't be explained like that. Disappeareance of supposedly lethal tumours, heled spine related injuries. Grown of naturaly shorter limbs. Two of my friends were both sterile and now they have three childrens. Many of these cases have been confirmed by indenpendent physicians and there are events where such cases are in great numbers.

It is OK don't be conviced as long as person is willing accept all possibilty and look for answer without prejudices.
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen

Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

User avatar
bentj96
Ruler of the People
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby bentj96 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:29 am

Frondish17 wrote:
bentj96 wrote:I really think you should calm down. Your missing the most obvious things.

1) There are thousands of testimonies for near-death experiences, but who is to say that isn't just a hallucination created by random synapses going off in our brains? I know some specific stories may make you suspicious, but we are biased to believe that this is because the afterlife exists.

Blindness being healed at random isn't inexplicable. It's possible that there was some type of physical barrier that was pinching her nerves, or her nerves just happened to heal at the same time in that certain area. I don't know the details, but it doesn't help you much if I don't know all the possibilities.

I'm not sure how this is a weak argument. I feel rather insulted by how much you underestimate me and how you treat me like a naive child. I've seen the complexity of a cell, I know how unlikely amino-acids were created by lightning, I understand how complex a single cell is, let alone a multicellular organism with organ systems seems impossible. The level of complexity is absolutely ridiculous. Like I said before. I'm questioning evolution now that I have more knowledge, but I'm still not convinced about the afterlife and religion.


I think I just summed up your religion in one word, benj96: You seem to have a devout belief in coincidence.


First of all, I'm rather confused here. Why you think coincidence isn't possible. Coincidence (or rather so many times that it happened at least once) is actually quite likely in the mass amount of cases we have here. If a cell can divide once every 20 min... How many times is that in a billion years, and how many cells would that be if they all survived? Around 2 to the power of 26 trillion. A number so big it's stupid. The oldest fossils are supposedly 1 billion years old, but that's the first successful one. With such large numbers, ignoring the possibilities is simply being ignorant.

I don't understand how I am a devout to my "religion". I don't believe anything out of faith. Either way, it is not my religion because I don't believe in it. You would know if you read a single word of my post. O.o I just said that if you can't understand something, you don't resort to religion because it matches. Religion hasn't been proven so it can't really by used in science. I'm just trying to list a few possibilities to explain it to show that it isn't inexplicable.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?


"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

User avatar
Frondish17
Pixie
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 pm
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby Frondish17 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:49 am

ok, I can accept that. Nothing is impossible, really. All I'm saying is you should use this "nothing is impossible" outlook to your own advantage and try chewing on some ideas other than the ones you've already got. You don't know if the afterlife is real or not, you aren't certain how the world came into being - so you should take this opportunity to explore some new ideas instead of just writing them off as fake or implausible right away.
Image

[/center]
Them, we liked

User avatar
bentj96
Ruler of the People
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby bentj96 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:58 am

Frondish17 wrote:ok, I can accept that. Nothing is impossible, really. All I'm saying is you should use this "nothing is impossible" outlook to your own advantage and try chewing on some ideas other than the ones you've already got. You don't know if the afterlife is real or not, you aren't certain how the world came into being - so you should take this opportunity to explore some new ideas instead of just writing them off as fake or implausible right away.


Once again, I am quite confused. I never dismissed anything as implausible. I am simply trying to disprove that evolution isn't impossible. Either way, that is not the point of this thread. We all know that religion is based on either faith or for scientist, process of elimination. This means that religion isn't necessarily real. In a debate such as this one, we have to assume either, yes, God is what taught us about the afterlife, or no, we are simply hopeful and it is in fact evolution that makes us hope that religion is true. We can't debate over religion or we will simply skip over that. For yes, do we do good things because of love, to get to heaven or just to feel good? For no, is it truly evolution or something humans have discovered?
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?


"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

User avatar
Frondish17
Pixie
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 pm
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby Frondish17 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

You are simply repeating these questions over and over. What I am saying is this: through your previous posts, you've expressed a skepticism about religion and the afterlife, and were constantly trying to disprove it through lack of evidence, possibility of coincidence, etc. Whether you really believe these arguments or are simply trying to keep this conversation alive, I don't know. All I'm saying is that - if you don't know - don't be so quick to try to say that something is not real or can be disproven.
Image

[/center]
Them, we liked

User avatar
Tenzen12
Pixie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: Czech republic
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby Tenzen12 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Truth is it definitely seemed like you dismissed religion as implausible. Our reesponse were mainly based on our impression of it (I hope I can talk for you here Frondish as well) . But if you didn't mean't it, I don't see any problems. Afterlife is possible and we can continue in discusion in reasonable manner.
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen

Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

User avatar
bentj96
Ruler of the People
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby bentj96 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:00 am

Anyways...back on topic.

In a debate such as this one, we have to assume either, yes, God is what taught us about the afterlife, or no, we are simply hopeful and it is in fact evolution that makes us hope that religion is true. We can't debate over religion or we will simply skip over that. For yes, do we do good things because of love, to get to heaven or just to feel good? For no, is it truly evolution or something humans have discovered?
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?


"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

User avatar
opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Posts: 1037
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 pm
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi
Location: Forming the Ranga Revolution....MUHAHAHAHA!!!
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Re: Death

Postby opalkoboi » Mon May 30, 2011 12:57 am

bentj96 wrote:There is really no real reason for anyone to believe in religion just as there is no real reason to believe in evolution.


There's no real reason to believe in anything, really. Life is what it is, deal with it. it just is. But we believe something, just because it makes life easier. IMO that's good - healthy. Whatever helps you cope and gets you through life. I believe everything happens for a reason. We all know it doesn't, it's chance, it's DNA - whatever. But by believing that it helps me deal with life and hard times better.
Same with death. Believing in an afterlife makes death less bleak and upseting, especially if the place you're going is better than life. They say there is no such thing as an atheist on your death bed.

Though I agree with whoever said that their main concern is pain. I'd rather die in my sleep or die via lethal injection. I want my last thought to be a good one.
Image
I see you too! XD

Image


Return to “The Debate Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum : Disclaimer
cron

Login  •  Register