Death

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Death

Postby bentj96 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:19 am

What do you think death is like.

I would probably regret all the things that caused my death, or made other people's life worse.

I am getting more and more morbid.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

youthfull
Goblin

Re: Death

Postby youthfull » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 pm

i don't like thinking of dying right now.
but i believe in afterlife. because everything in the universe including us has been created for a reason.that's another topic.
i'd like a quiet death. but can death be quiet? we have never asked those who have died and we'll never find it out until "our" time comes.
WHO WOULD VOTE THIS GUY????
IMAGINE THIS MAN AS THE PRIME-MINISTER.
I WILL NEVER EAT PASTA IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN!

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:02 am

I don't believe that God is real. I think a little differently in this matter.

Question is, who was the universe made for? If it's endless, there is bound to be another race of intelligent beings.

Also, what we think while we are dying, is different depending on who is there and how the death occurred. if you were around family, I wouldn't want to scare them or something.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri May 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Wow... Morbidity to the max.

I used to be TERRIFIED of death. TERRIFIED. But I've gotten over it sort of.

It still sucks, though.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Fri May 08, 2009 9:38 pm

There are definitely some things I fear a whole lot more than death XD I don't think I'd be lying on my death bed regretting too much, either. I often talk about death, and I didn't realize for quite a while that my mum was worrying I was suicidal (which I wasn't). It's just, I never really saw my own death as being such a huge thing. I'd often just come out of the blue with things like 'you know how I said I wanted my body to be burnt if I die young? I've changed my mind. I'd like to be buried instead, and have a Celtic cross tombstone if it's not too expensive.' or 'if I die young, could you play ______ at my funeral? I don't want any sad songs. I want you to celebrate my life, not mourn my death.'

I suppose I just want to be prepared. I could die in a car crash or be shot in a robbery or whatever, I wouldn't want to be lying there in my last few minutes thinking 'dammit, I bet they'll play something really sad at my funeral. Why didn't I tell them not to?'

It's not that I don't want to live, or that I wouldn't fight for my life if I could, but if I didn't have a choice then wishing I did wouldn't change anything. Other people's deaths don't effect me too much either. Crying and wishing that something hadn't happened won't reverse or change things.
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:32 pm

You really are emotionless. What if your mother died, or your father? One of your siblings? Crying or worrying isn't the way the go. But thinking they won't help... Emotions will control you. You can't stop that. Unless the person isn't very close to you.

For example, my grandmother died. I didn't care much. Why? I never really knew her. I've only visited her once and only for 3 days. I spent about 10 hours with her.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

foalyfan3
Gremlin

Postby foalyfan3 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:41 pm

I wouldn't have much to think of if i died, except of course, will I continue on to a different perplexity of life after "death" or just rot in the ground where nobody will ever see me again?

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Sun May 10, 2009 2:44 am

I've never been very emotional about anything. In fact, I think I could say that I have almost perfect control over my emotions. Most things won't influence the way I feel about anything, and I don't remember ever being angry or even really happy. I could name every single time since I was ten years old that I felt an identifiable emotion.

Whenever people are angry or upset or whatever, I always used to sit there thinking 'if they really didn't want to be unhappy, they wouldn't be.' I mean, what's crying over somone going to do? It's not going to make anything better and it certainly isn't going to make you feel better. I've never understood other people when it comes to emotion.

That's why I want people to be happy when I'm dead. Not happy that I'm dead, but happy that I lived my life how I wanted and that I was healthy and died without regret. I want people to celebrate the life I had, rather than mourn my death.

However, I'm not so stupid as to wear yellow to someone else's funeral and smile and hand out photos and laugh about the fun times. I respect what other people think, and most people would find that very inappropriate. I'll act happy or sad to suit an occasion. I don't want to come across as some apathetic zombie - because I do think, and I do understand people. And I think I can love, too. I've reached a level of understanding and respect for certain people that I think I could classify as love.

lol, but having said that I automatically know when I'd rather do something or not. I don't have any preferences, but I know, for example, that I'd rather be posting here than doing homework, or that I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. So maybe there's some emotion behind that that I don't know about?

haha, I'm such a nutcase.

/nothing of importance

bentj96, if you 'TL;DR'd that, then in short: yeah, maybe I am pretty emotionless. It doesn't make me a bad person though (IMO). If my mother died, I don't think I'd be very sad. Not because I didn't love or respect her, but because it's just the way I am.
Last edited by Winter on Mon May 11, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun May 10, 2009 3:29 am

I personally find it really hard to deal with death. Before, I didn't really know my grandads or my uncle so it didn't affect me when they died. But when my granny Walker died, my evil gran who was famous amongst people for being stubborn and nasty (but so so so amazing and legendary- she never lost her brown hair andshe was about 80), I went into..like so bad mourning.

As in, it was unwilling. Xephia you say 'if you didn't want to be sad about it'- the next day (my mum didn't let me go in the day it happened) I walked to school, got in - I'd managed to go to my friends house the night before and had coped well there. But when I was faced with my class mates, and somehow they knew, I sort of broke down and was sent home.

Then I was off again for the funeral the next week and a day after that (because it was away from home so I couldn't get back in time). Some people on AFC might remember, I think I made a distraught journal entry.

I hate how when peoples grandparents die, other people act like "Do you think you're the first person to lose a grandparent". I think I had the same attitude until I lost my gran. No one has a right to say that- everyone has a right to feel miserable when that happens. It's the odd sort of sadness you get where you try and stop it- but you just can't.

At the funeral though, my dad did a big speech that made us all laugh. And I suppose that kind of ended it all for me.

I'm terrified of death happening to myself. Dying unnaturally scares me because of the helplessness. You know what's happening, but you can't do anything about it.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:13 am

For once... I have justified myself without angering anyone.

Me, personally. I wouldn't mourn, I don't do that. I just either get angry, or sad. It's like, you go to talk to them or say something, and you stop mid-sentence. Then you remember the person is dead. It's pretty much a hole in your heart. Part of who you are is missing.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun May 10, 2009 4:27 am

bentj96 wrote:For once... I have justified myself without angering anyone.

Me, personally. I wouldn't mourn, I don't do that. I just either get angry, or sad. It's like, you go to talk to them or say something, and you stop mid-sentence. Then you remember the person is dead. It's pretty much a hole in your heart. Part of who you are is missing.

The realisation that the last time you've saw them wasn't finite enough is the worst bit

You realise you said something and wish you could take it back. when people die, i normally don't realise they are dead. I know they are dead, but to me they are still there.
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:28 am

That's the hole in your heart. Your sub-consciousness thinks they are there. But then you realize. It's just such a letdown.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun May 10, 2009 4:36 am

bentj96 wrote:That's the hole in your heart. Your sub-consciousness thinks they are there. But then you realize. It's just such a letdown.

As someone who's had a hole in their heart, I'll say it isn't.
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:37 am

Maybe for me then. It's just stupid how people aren't there for you. It's a weird feeling.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

Lyra Angelica
Sprite
Real First Name: Haleigh

Postby Lyra Angelica » Sun May 10, 2009 5:19 am

I was never really afraid of my own death. Because really, how badly could it hurt? And then after that? It's probably just like another life of some sort. But whatever it is, the only frightening thing about it is that it's new. And whatever it is, that's fine by me. I've never been one to be afraid of new things.

Of course, that's provided that I lived long enough to make some sort of difference in the world. I know it's selfish, but like almost everyone else, I would like to be remembered and leave behind something more permanent than myself. And of course, to enjoy every minute of life that I'm fortunate enough to have.

But the worst part about death would definitely be leaving behind all the people I love. I really hope they don't mourn too much for me, as I've certainly had that experience too many times. I've always said that someday, when I write my will, I'll specifically tell everyone not to wear black to my funeral or really make too much fuss at all. Really, just scatter the ashes somewhere and I'll be fine. It's not like I'd notice.

It's really the people around you that your death hurts. And especially after a year of two deaths at school, I think I have much more reason to fear for the lives of others than my own.
[
b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b]

"Education is what's left after you've forgotten everything you've learned in school."
- Albert Einstein

"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
- Albert Einstein

“The world of reality has its limits, the world of imagination is boundless.”
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”
- Samuel Clemens

“We are citizens of the world. The tragedy of our times is that we do not know this.”
- Woodrow Wilson

Return to “The Debate Forum”