Death

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Re: Death

Postby opalkoboi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Multiverse wrote:
opalkoboi wrote:I agree with hyunjoonglovie.
hyunjoonglovie wrote:I do not fear death. I personally believe their is no afterlife, heaven, hell whatever, I think there is simply nothing. To be honest it is my view that humans are not significant enough or worthy for want of a better word of a heaven/afterlife. The universe does not revolve around us. I think that while we all have souls, I do not think they are immortal. I am completely fine with this mentality. In fact, it is a motivation to live your life to the full, because you do not get a second chance. This is it.

If you think this is depressing, then remember this: Even if you die and nothing happens, your ashes will always remain in this universe. Techniquely, you will always exist. Frankly I cant wait billions of years until the dust that is us, is responsible for some traits that random aliens get on another planet XD (after you know, our solar system collides with andrometer and the earth is insinergrated XD)...

I completely agree with both of you. Hyun basically typed out my entire opinion in the first paragraph. Death has always been one of my favourites on a long list of reasons to live properly.

I believe that one of my favourite human traits is the inability to understand how little influence we have on the world as whole. Not even something as tiny as Planet Earth has changed much because of us, after all.

Regardless, I´d be very, very disappointed to die anytime soon. I want to experience 2100, at the very least (says I, as though my love of life actually has any kind of rational relation to the debate)!

-Multiverse

Fearing death is silly, surely death is an incentive to do what you want. Live life to the full and do everything. Do everything that you want and that scares you because there's no second chance. That's why I'd be upset to die soon - because I want to live! Sort of an Oxymoron but hey! :)
I see you too! XD

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:50 am

Death is a time to mourn everything you shoulda, coulda, and woulda done. No one lives a truly full life, but occasionally one that is close enough. I alway cry when an animal dies because it doesn't know true happiness, or sadness, or really anything but a slight confusion. Pleasantly confused when it finds a nice place to rest, sadly confused when one of their fellows dies. They don't understand, thus they can hardly live a decent life. It's like watching a baby die. I feel pity for them.

... And that's why I don't go hunting.
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:55 am

Death is the ultimate adventure that life could never bring. The journey from one world to next. My philosophy is; "live life as hard and fast as possible because once you're dead, it doesn't matter anyways deos it?" ;) Why spend your life fearing the innevitable. Embrace that fact that every day you live is a blessing. Fear is the unknown. Those that fear death do so only because they don't know what comes after death. I do. I know that there is something greater out there past my mortal life. "Death is only the beginning." :)
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:19 am

I'm not afraid of death. I woudln't want to die because I have so much I want to do in life, but honestly, I have no fear of death. Because I know where I'm going :) "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved" - for me this means a glorious and everlasting existence after death, which makes death seem small and weak in comparison. "Oh Death, where is thy sting?"

[/center]
Them, we liked

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:08 pm

two words:I AGREE.
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen

Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 am

Dontmovethefilesevil wrote:Death is a time to mourn everything you shoulda, coulda, and woulda done. No one lives a truly full life, but occasionally one that is close enough. I alway cry when an animal dies because it doesn't know true happiness, or sadness, or really anything but a slight confusion. Pleasantly confused when it finds a nice place to rest, sadly confused when one of their fellows dies. They don't understand, thus they can hardly live a decent life. It's like watching a baby die. I feel pity for them.

... And that's why I don't go hunting.

Regret is truly a negative thing. Regretting something won't help anybody. You just feel depressed, yet you don't do anything, and that is worthless. If you really regret it, do something about it. If you're dead, then just drop it. Isn't that the ultimate goal anyways? To be able to leave all your sins behind and rise to another level?
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Death doesn't really faze me. I've been in life-threatening situations at least twice, and both times the only thing I was worried about was "How much is this going to hurt?"

We're all gonna die. You can take some basic precautions to try and swing the odds a bit in your favor, but sooner or later it catches up with everyone. Just do the best you can with the time you have, no sense worrying about it.

There are far worse things.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:14 am

Antilles wrote:Death doesn't really faze me. I've been in life-threatening situations at least twice, and both times the only thing I was worried about was "How much is this going to hurt?"

We're all gonna die. You can take some basic precautions to try and swing the odds a bit in your favor, but sooner or later it catches up with everyone. Just do the best you can with the time you have, no sense worrying about it.

There are far worse things.

You can say that death doesn't faze you, but that would only be to say that you aren't afraid of death in the sense that you aren't constantly taken various, unnecessary precautions. That would be, essentially, a phobia. For the average person, avoiding dangerous situations is simply instinct.

I personally think that death is the end. There is no afterlife. Nothing has ever happened for me to believe that the afterlife exists. It sounds like I'm saying that 3+ billion people are crazy. I'm not. I think it's a survival mechanism. We make ourselves believe something to make us hopeful or else we would simply lay down and die. Why make the effort for nothing? That's how some people work. Half of those people turn to religion, the rest just become depressed. The people in between live in the moment, or they are building to that moment.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

Frondish17
Pixie

Postby Frondish17 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:24 am

[quote="bentj96]I personally think that death is the end. There is no afterlife. Nothing has ever happened for me to believe that the afterlife exists.[/quote]

Hey, just wondering, what kind of a thing - bar dying - could result in something "happening" to prove the afterlife to you? I have not exactly had heavenly hosts singing choral orchestrations at my bedside but I do believe there is an afterlife . . .

[/center]
Them, we liked

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:33 am

Frondish17 wrote:[quote="bentj96]I personally think that death is the end. There is no afterlife. Nothing has ever happened for me to believe that the afterlife exists.[/quote]

Hey, just wondering, what kind of a thing - bar dying - could result in something "happening" to prove the afterlife to you? I have not exactly had heavenly hosts singing choral orchestrations at my bedside but I do believe there is an afterlife . . .[/quote]

I should have phrased it differently. I need direct proof that religion isn't just a story, or rather, someway to explain all the evidence we have for evolution and the Big Bang.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:05 am

There aren't direct proofs for evolution either, and Big bang pretty much reason for beliving in creationism instead of going against it.

-Did you know that Darwin himself (without any pressure) withdrawed his theory?
-And that Einstein altered his own equations to not angry academic world so it would confirm 'scientific fact' that universe never had begening instead of religious ideology that space had one?
Spoiler:
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

Frondish17
Pixie

Postby Frondish17 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:12 am

Thank you, Tenzen :) Yes, it is true that evolution began simply as a theory, which Darwin himself claimed should be dropped if it had not been proven beyond a doubt in 100 years. We are now 200 years approximately since that time, and for some reason it hasn't been dropped. Also, did you know that such famous examples of evolution such as "Lucy" was an admitted fraud, and that a lot of the suppositions on human evolution from apes to humans were based on a shin-bone or a monkey skull or a pig's tooth . . . and the rest was simply built up around it?

Anyway, this is getting to be an evolution vs. creation argument, and we need to keep on topic. So, benj96, in short - good luck with your search for the evidence you seek. I hope that you discover the truth on your journey.

[/center]
Them, we liked

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:14 am

Frondish17 wrote:Thank you, Tenzen :) Yes, it is true that evolution began simply as a theory, which Darwin himself claimed should be dropped if it had not been proven beyond a doubt in 100 years. We are now 200 years approximately since that time, and for some reason it hasn't been dropped. Also, did you know that such famous examples of evolution such as "Lucy" was an admitted fraud, and that a lot of the suppositions on human evolution from apes to humans were based on a shin-bone or a monkey skull or a pig's tooth . . . and the rest was simply built up around it?

Anyway, this is getting to be an evolution vs. creation argument, and we need to keep on topic. So, benj96, in short - good luck with your search for the evidence you seek. I hope that you discover the truth on your journey.

You're missing the point entirely. It is true that human evolution isn't very clear and the hypothesis could be wrong, but what are the chances that there is a distinct pattern? What are the chances that carbon-dating approximates our evolution from apes to humans. The simplest apes, ones with smaller brains and could not walk on two feet are old. The short, rather simple fossils of early humans are later, and finally the modern human.

The fossil record is pretty clear evidence around what is currently believed in religion. The Earth is clearly not 10, 000 years old. There is hard evidence against it. Of course, the Bible or other manuscripts may not be literal, we are only assuming that because it makes more sense. It's quite the stretch as well. We can't just assume something like that, which is basically the same evidence you used against evolution.

Now, this is really off-topic. You can see from what we've discussed so far that we will always try to stretch the truth to believe there is an afterlife. There is really no real reason for anyone to believe in religion just as there is no real reason to believe in evolution. So are we afraid to die or do we feel like death isn't so bad after all because we have faith that God exists?
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

Frondish17
Pixie

Postby Frondish17 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:09 am

Faith is all that is needed, benj96.

[/center]
Them, we liked

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 am

Faith is all that is needed, but it doesn't mean there aren't reasonable proofs. Problem is that people like belive that sciencific theories are only possible and this belives are on level of religion. Benj96 try pursue true instead of blindly belive either in God nor Science and if you'll find that God realy existi it would be enought proof that afterlife exist as well.
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

Return to “The Debate Forum”