Artemis Fowl Spin-Off Series

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Artemis Fowl Spin-Off Series

Postby Merv Simestra » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:33 am

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by- ... eries.html

https://www.bustle.com/p/a-new-artemis- ... rs-8769985

So, apparently we're getting a spin-off series featuring the Fowl twins in 2020. Eoin Colfer is, of course, writing the series (thank heavens). Looks like it might only be two books, but we also know Eoin's history with "it's just gonna be this many books and that's it" policy. In light of the movie news and all, what are your thoughts on this new development?

(Also, the writer of the Bustle article wrote The Lost Colony as The Lost Code, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

Shut up, I know I'm trash.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Re: Artemis Fowl Spin-Off Series

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 am

Wow, didn't find out about this until just now. (I was super excited to finally get a date on the movie, but wasn't on the lookout for any new Artemis Fowl material, especially not something actually written by Colfer.)

Oh yeah, this is super exciting news. Although the twins weren't the most interesting part of the original series, at least for me, I still think they were a lot of fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Right now I'm just stunned at the prospect of getting new canon Artemis Fowl material, I wasn't expecting anything like that at all. (And full length books too, not just short stories such as The Seventh Dwarf or Holly's captain's initiation.)

Colfer's books are always a blast, but I think it will be awesome just seeing what the AF world looks like post-TLG. (Or I guess that Colfer might set the book during the time Artemis was dead in TLG, that could be interesting. I doubt he'd set the books much earlier than that, I wouldn't expect the twins to be younger than five. I wonder if he might even fast forward things to make them the same age as Artemis in book one, or even teenagers. Then that would mean Artemis would be in his twenties. I really hope he'll at least make a cameo even if he doesn't turn out to be a big part of the book.)

Anyway, yeah, all my fangirl-ness is coming out at once, lol. (Haha! Sounds like they were a bit schizophrenic there. I didn't even catch that, I think I was reading too fast. XD)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

tornadocondoc
Cosplays Too Much
Real First Name: Michi

Re: Artemis Fowl Spin-Off Series

Postby tornadocondoc » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 am

I'm excited to read their adventures-- even more excited at the chance of a possible cameo by Arty himself--

If we're having the twins be the focus, then it'll likely be set some time after the last book. Artemis is going to be an adult [I mean he already TECHNICALLY is one but he'll ACTUALLY be one] and probably running the legitimate family business.

As for the boys-- I'm excited to see how Beckett takes to bodyguard training. Since Colfer has hinted that Beckett would become Myles' bodyguard.
LOOK I MADE A SIGNATURE GO ME

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”