Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex !!SPOILER ALERT!!

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Re: Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex !!SPOILER ALERT!!

Postby Mizora » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 am

lotrfan wrote:@the second part - yeah, after re-reading what I wrote, I don't really like the idea of assuming he'll marry someone else. Honestly, I can't ever picture him marrying someone other than Holly. (not that I'm sitting here planning out their wedding...I just mean that it could work...) So instead we can just assume that he'll stay single. The important thing is that he's single in the end if not with Holly.

Look, guys, Colfer himself has already stated that Holly and Artemis can't be together. Why are you still thinking about it? Also, Eoin said that "he'll have to find someone" to "tie up loose ends" so I don't think he'll end up single. Anyway, in my opinion, anything other than an A/H relationship would be preferable. That's why I was so glad that Eoin actually said himself that an A/H relationship was impossible. Seriously, if he did that, it would turn the AF books into a variation of Twilight. :eyeroll:
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Mizora wrote:
lotrfan wrote:@the second part - yeah, after re-reading what I wrote, I don't really like the idea of assuming he'll marry someone else. Honestly, I can't ever picture him marrying someone other than Holly. (not that I'm sitting here planning out their wedding...I just mean that it could work...) So instead we can just assume that he'll stay single. The important thing is that he's single in the end if not with Holly.

Look, guys, Colfer himself has already stated that Holly and Artemis can't be together. Why are you still thinking about it? Also, Eoin said that "he'll have to find someone" to "tie up loose ends" so I don't think he'll end up single. Anyway, in my opinion, anything other than an A/H relationship would be preferable. That's why I was so glad that Eoin actually said himself that an A/H relationship was impossible. Seriously, if he did that, it would turn the AF books into a variation of Twilight. :eyeroll:

Please, Please stop comparing any form of romance to twilight! Seriously! You have no idea how annoyed that makes me.
Yeah, so he's said that they're different species and can't be together because of that, but he didn't say that they won't be together. By that I mean, he's saying that the reason they aren't together is because of the species difference, but he never said that this is the complete end of their relationship. And besides, we can still ship A/H if we want to, and keep spitting out all the obvious evidence and hope for some form of acknowledgement.

It's just like on How I Met Your Mother. Yeah, sure, Ted calls Robin 'aunt Robin' and keeps trying to prove that it's someone else, but I can still believe that it is Robin, because he never actually said "It's not Robin, it's this other person" and therefore, there's still hope.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Mizora
Spartan Warrior

Postby Mizora » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:35 am

lotrfan wrote:Yeah, so he's said that they're different species and can't be together because of that, but he didn't say that they won't be together.

Umm. I'll have to quote myself to answer this.
Mizora wrote:Oh my gosh. I LOVE this quote:
Holly and Artemis are at completely different stages in their lives – Holly is 70 in fairy years – so while they can grow to like and respect each other they can’t be together. If you want that, read Twilight.

Thank you, Eoin! That's just what I wanted. Also, what bentj said about A/H is right too. Finally! Someone sees from my point of view!

Eoin actually said they can't be together. How much clearer can you be?
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton

Tira
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Tira » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:11 am

Didn't he also say that they'd never kiss? And that Eternity Code was the last book? And meanwhile, in the books, which is what actually counts as canon, Artemis has developed an alter dedicated to pursuing Holly, who claims that Artemis thinks about her all the time, and has "all of his passion," while Holly worries about him, wants to hold him, still thinks about snogging him, and is willing to risk her life for him. I'm going to stop thinking they have potential as a couple when Colfer stops writing it.

And the "completely different stages in their development" thing doesn't work. What about Arwen and Aragorn, referenced by Artemis himself? What about Doctor/Companion? (I am finding an excuse to work the "You can spend your whole life with me. I can't spend my whole life with you," quote into a fic. Somewhere, it will be put.) What about all the many, many human/elf romances that have existed over the years? If you want to argue physics of the relationship, that's another matter, that I can't have a PG discussion about, but I have some ideas as to how it can be circumvented.

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Tira wrote:Didn't he also say that they'd never kiss? And that Eternity Code was the last book? And meanwhile, in the books, which is what actually counts as canon, Artemis has developed an alter dedicated to pursuing Holly, who claims that Artemis thinks about her all the time, and has "all of his passion," while Holly worries about him, wants to hold him, still thinks about snogging him, and is willing to risk her life for him. I'm going to stop thinking they have potential as a couple when Colfer stops writing it.

And the "completely different stages in their development" thing doesn't work. What about Arwen and Aragorn, referenced by Artemis himself? What about Doctor/Companion? (I am finding an excuse to work the "You can spend your whole life with me. I can't spend my whole life with you," quote into a fic. Somewhere, it will be put.) What about all the many, many human/elf romances that have existed over the years? If you want to argue physics of the relationship, that's another matter, that I can't have a PG discussion about, but I have some ideas as to how it can be circumvented.

*Nods with respect*
I second that. As soon as Colfer stops writing the romance, I'll stop believing it.

And I also would like to point you to a fanfic that firejinx wrote. It's called The C Word, and will probably present my argument with more elegance.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Mizora wrote:
lotrfan wrote:Yeah, so he's said that they're different species and can't be together because of that, but he didn't say that they won't be together.

Holly and Artemis are at completely different stages in their lives – Holly is 70 in fairy years – so while they can grow to like and respect each other they can’t be together. If you want that, read Twilight.

Thank you, Eoin! That's just what I wanted. Also, what bentj said about A/H is right too. Finally! Someone sees from my point of view!

Ok, I'll admit, after I wrote that I was thinking that it kind of made to sense, but still, my point is, as Tira stated so well, that Colfer isn't always truthful, and just because he says something doesn't mean it will come true exactly the same way.

ILiveForTheDay wrote:
Tira wrote:Didn't he also say that they'd never kiss? And that Eternity Code was the last book? And meanwhile, in the books, which is what actually counts as canon, Artemis has developed an alter dedicated to pursuing Holly, who claims that Artemis thinks about her all the time, and has "all of his passion," while Holly worries about him, wants to hold him, still thinks about snogging him, and is willing to risk her life for him. I'm going to stop thinking they have potential as a couple when Colfer stops writing it.

*Nods with respect*
I second that. As soon as Colfer stops writing the romance, I'll stop believing it.

And I also would like to point you to a fanfic that firejinx wrote. It's called The C Word, and will probably present my argument with more elegance.

Exactly (what both of you said).

I'm so tempted to read that fan-fic...but I'm still afraid of being scarred...
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:58 pm

lotrfan wrote:
Mizora wrote:

Ok, I'll admit, after I wrote that I was thinking that it kind of made to sense, but still, my point is, as Tira stated so well, that Colfer isn't always truthful, and just because he says something doesn't mean it will come true exactly the same way.

ILiveForTheDay wrote:

*Nods with respect*

Exactly (what both of you said).

I'm so tempted to read that fan-fic...but I'm still afraid of being scarred...

GO. READ IT. (And then read the follow on fic)
They're both really good (and cleverly done)

And have you read any fanfiction yet? You know, you're not counted as a true fan until you do :lick:

But basically the punchline is, if anyone says to Artemis he CAN'T do something, he will have to do it.

It's ALIVE.

BlahhBlahhBlahh
Cave Troll

Postby BlahhBlahhBlahh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:30 am

Mizora wrote:

You sound like a little brat. Seriously.

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:02 am

Oi, no personal digs in the forums. Either make a complaint or sort it out yourselves via pm.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mizora
Spartan Warrior

Postby Mizora » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:53 am

Look, guys, I'm not a brat. I'm just stating facts how I see them. You gotta have a little compassion for me, I'm practically the only anti-A/H on this forum. Please don't think bad of me just because I'm not A/H. I'm not a prissy person, I'm just someone trying to get others to see from my point of view. Blahblah, I've already PM'd you so I'll leave what you said alone. But please refrain from insulting people just because you don't agree with them.
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Mizora wrote:Look, guys, I'm not a brat. I'm just stating facts how I see them. You gotta have a little compassion for me, I'm practically the only anti-A/H on this forum. Please don't think bad of me just because I'm not A/H. I'm not a prissy person, I'm just someone trying to get others to see from my point of view. Blahblah, I've already PM'd you so I'll leave what you said alone. But please refrain from insulting people just because you don't agree with them.

I second that. And anyway, I'm sure I've been a whole lot more bratty in some of my AH defending arguments. :lick:

But back on topic. What do you guys think the Amber magic that Holly now has means? Could this be another strike against AH? NOT ANOTHER

It's ALIVE.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:08 pm

ILiveForTheDay wrote:
Mizora wrote:Look, guys, I'm not a brat. I'm just stating facts how I see them. You gotta have a little compassion for me, I'm practically the only anti-A/H on this forum. Please don't think bad of me just because I'm not A/H. I'm not a prissy person, I'm just someone trying to get others to see from my point of view. Blahblah, I've already PM'd you so I'll leave what you said alone. But please refrain from insulting people just because you don't agree with them.

I second that. And anyway, I'm sure I've been a whole lot more bratty in some of my AH defending arguments. :lick:

But back on topic. What do you guys think the Amber magic that Holly now has means? Could this be another strike against AH? NOT ANOTHER

Yeah, I agree with you too Mizora. No one should insult eachother here. And I don't dislike you because you're non A/H. I just dislike the concept of non-A/H and the fact that Colfer is being ridiculous about it.

What is Amber magic? I don't even remember that...

ILiveForTheDay wrote:GO. READ IT. (And then read the follow on fic)

And have you read any fanfiction yet? You know, you're not counted as a true fan until you do

But basically the punchline is, if anyone says to Artemis he CAN'T do something, he will have to do it.

:P Oh sure. XD
Ok, I'll read it. Can you give me a link to it? Also, is that a good one to start with?
ImageImage Image

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 pm

lotrfan wrote:
ILiveForTheDay wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you too Mizora. No one should insult eachother here. And I don't dislike you because you're non A/H. I just dislike the concept of non-A/H and the fact that Colfer is being ridiculous about it.

What is Amber magic? I don't even remember that...

ILiveForTheDay wrote:GO. READ IT. (And then read the follow on fic)

And have you read any fanfiction yet? You know, you're not counted as a true fan until you do

:P Oh sure. XD
Ok, I'll read it. Can you give me a link to it? Also, is that a good one to start with?

The amber magic is when she gets injured; she then thinks 'Amber magic? I must be getting old', which is pretty much the exact quote because I was so angry at Colfer for putting it in there I almost memorised it.

And here's the link to The C Word: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6014893/1/The_C_Word
Then here's the follow on fic Why One Must Not Attempt To Analyze a Child Genius: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5984580/1/Why_One_Must_Not_Attempt_To_Analyze_A_Child_Genius

You can tell how good they are by the amount of reviews they've both recieved. And Artemis is actually IC, which you'll find is a rather rare occurance.

It's ALIVE.

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:21 am

Really? The Amber magic was because she was injured? I don't get how "I must be getting old" fits into that... as in it takes longer for her to heal? :p Someone please explain it to the fool :blush:

The C Word was awesome, btw,reading the follow up now :p
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'

From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Purple_Enigma wrote:Really? The Amber magic was because she was injured? I don't get how "I must be getting old" fits into that... as in it takes longer for her to heal? :p Someone please explain it to the fool :blush:

The C Word was awesome, btw,reading the follow up now :p

I think Colfer meant it in the sense that as fairies got older, the colours of their magic changed. But it was kind of like the neck clicking in TTP, really random. Which made me think WHY? Which made me think AH. Which made me think NO.

It's ALIVE.

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”