Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex !!SPOILER ALERT!!

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
lotrfan
Commander

Re: Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex !!SPOILER ALERT!!

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:14 pm

OK, ok, so maybe they wouldn't really be ok with it...I don't know, I could still see it happening...maybe...

As for the demon thing, I suppose it could become an issue, but I doubt EC will go that direction. It's not completely Artemis' fault...But I'm sure if they needed his help with (I don't know, setting things up?) then he would (with a little thumb twisting from Holly) help them.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Frondish17 wrote:And the idea about the demons causing problems: that in itself would probably be an extremely interesting eighth book - the demons are getting uppity, causing riots, worse than the goblins, going aboveground and attacking people and rumors are beginning to spread throughout the human world. Of course, because Artemis Fowl was the one who brought them back from Limbo, he would be the first one suspected of having "planned this from the beginning", you know what I mean?

I think I'm going to have to write a fanfic about that! :D Look for it - coming soon! . . . hopefully lol

Ooh, that's an awesome idea! I was thinking about using a similar idea (with demons causing havoc aboveground) in a fanfiction and it somehow leading back to Artemis, but I didn't think so much about how Artemis might naturally be the prime suspect... Like even Artemis's heroic role in saving all the demons was all part of a intricate scheme from the beginning. Would it just be the demons doing what they usually do, or would someone else be behind aiding them get to the surface?

Fangirlwhocanspell
Gremlin

Postby Fangirlwhocanspell » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:14 am

ILiveForTheDay wrote:
Purple_Enigma wrote:I feel awful in doing this, but I agree with you. Today I was just thinking how in his interview Colfer said 'I might do a book about Holly' .

I don't remember exactly where, but I remember reading that Colfer stated... "Artemis..." something something "I never knew he would be the series..." I don't remember. "He was just some bad guy Holly encountered..." something like that. So I'm guessing Artemis was a side character originally, but he stole the spotlight...
I kind of wish Holly was the main character, I don't even know why. can you imagine "Holly Short and the time paradox?" hahahaha. Wait, holly is still kind of a main character, the views in the books changes from Holly, artemis, and sometimes foaly, but mostly holly and artemis 50/50.
Artemis fowl is infinitely cooler name, though.

jkdnp
Gremlin

Postby jkdnp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:33 pm

I am so thankful there wasn't too much A/H
Do not ship it. Will not ship it. Ever.
But Orion was pretty funny.
Overall it was a great book. :laughing:

mswiet
Cave Troll

A Thank You

Postby mswiet » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:01 am

I highly doubt any of you will read this but, thank you all a lot.

I was 11 (probably) when I found this forum, probably just google searching Artemis Fowl shortly before TAC came out. I came across this thread and I can literally say it changed my life. I don't remember everything that occurred but I do know a few things, (1) because of this I watched AVPM/S which really sparked my fandom obsession, (2) I watched OHSHC which is probably the least significant thing and also still the only anime I've ever watched, and (3) read my first fic. That last one has honestly changed my life (mostly in a good way but also bad in that otherwise I'd be reading a lot more books). I am now 19 years old and my interests have greatly expanded (due to the jump from fanfic.net to tumblr/AO3) and the things I am exposed to. I literally would not be the person I am today without those things and every so often I come back to this forum and remember that this is where it started.

This was very long and rambly and honestly I'm procrastinating writing a research paper, so I should probably end it. Thank you all who have ever contributed to this thread in particular, in the off-chance that you ever read this post please know that you changed my life.

-maggie <3

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”