What AF couple do you ship ?

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
faeryenchanter^^
Centaur
Real First Name: Kat
AFC Fan Fiction Name: faeryenchanter

What AF couple do you ship ?

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:33 am

Do you prefer A/H or A/M or Artemis with someone else ? Or maybe H/T ? What ever it is I want to know!!!!! :laughing: Personally, I'm a Artemis with someone else fan:)
All that jazz!

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur

Re: What AF couple do you ship ?

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:56 am

I forgot to mention, Trouble and Holly together is pretty darn awesome!
All that jazz!

Bubbles39
Cave Troll

Postby Bubbles39 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:10 am

A/H are ADORABLE!! In TTP I almost burst from my squealing on the inside grin!! I LOVE them together!! :loveeyes:
~A/H~

"I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over."- Holly Short TLC
Spoiler:
Holly leaned down and kissed Artemis.

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 am

no!!! sorry, but i think H/T is nicer:[
All that jazz!

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm really against Artemis getting together with anybody. It's just not logically possible, what with the cast of characters we have already.
Holly/Trouble is perfect- they're both witty, sarcastic, and generally awesome!
The couple I hate the most is Minerva/random guy that she goes skiing with.

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 am

I know right???
All that jazz!

artificialGenius
Sprite
AFC Fan Fiction Name: artificialGenius

Postby artificialGenius » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:42 am

Well, I like Artemis/Minerva, though Artemis/Holly has some pretty cute fanart. I don't really want A/H to become canon in the books, it seems... wrong, somehow. I mean, I won't get mad or anything, it just seems unnecessary.

I kind of dislike Minerva/That random skier guy she was paired with to have an excuse for why she was set up to be a part of the main group in LC and then never appeared again. Mostly for the reason why I think she was paired up with him. Honestly, Eoin should've brought her back and she should've matured, as it's mentioned at the end of LC that she's gotten older (obviously), so she probably changed from how she was.
My avatar was made by feastings on tumblr.
"Well, you've gotta stop selling your soul to the devil. He's just gonna want more and more, it's like a drug."

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 am

(To be honest, I don't actually care what happens in the eighth book... because I can always go back and read Book of the Ages again if I'm not satisfied. XD But moving on...)

I didn't really see much of a possibility of seeing A/H happening until the end of book 5, when they came back from Hybras together, and wasn't really even interested in such a possibility until then either. I can't say I'm too thrilled in books that just stick the main guy character with the main girl just because their the main characters and of opposite gender, and I thought trying to shove Artemis and Holly together would just seem kind of forced and unnatural, given how different they are and all that hostility, and the fact that they have other people they are so much closer to.

I mean, I like A/M and H/T pretty well and I think those pairings would work well. But after The Time Paradox, I thought the situation of A/H was handled so brilliantly, I couldn't help but just be drawn in by it. What I like most about the pairing is that it seemed so unlikely on just about every front from the beginning, and there are so many conflicts and complications that would seem to keep them apart, which creates a lot of interesting tension. Despite their differences, they actually have a lot of similarities (sarcastic, determined, independent, in conflict with stereotypes and striving to prove themselves, have a taste for excitement and danger/adventure, experience with have to be self-sufficient, without parents who can take care of them) which help them develop a mutual respect for each other, while at the same time they have talents that almost perfectly compliment each other in dealing with the problems presented throughout the series. More than that, they've shared a lot of rough times together, many of which none of the other characters were there for.

That is, A/H isn't the ideal match, definitely. Trouble would clearly make a better match for Holly (as many of you have pointed out (; ), and Minerva would make a better match for Artemis (sigh, if she would just come back that is...). You have to work hard to make it work, and deal with more complex, more pressing issues and problems with it to make it believable that it would work, because there are so many obstacles. But Holly and Artemis's relationship as friends has been developed in such a way that it came across as a very deep one to me, and so I can believe the relationship being taken in a further direction despite the hardships. That's what I like about it, I guess. (:

Personally... I don't think non-A/Hers have to worry though, lol. I don't think Colfer will take it in that direction, mainly because an actual relationship between Artemis and Holly would be so hard on both of them that he would about have to make it the focus of the last book, otherwise it would seem too flippant of a dealing with the topic. And I don't seem him focusing on it to that extent... I do hope that it will be brought up though, and that there will be some better resolution to it though.

*darnit, I thought this would be a short post -_-

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:54 am

Nice to see a long post around here :laughing: sadly, Minerva isn't coming back, and Arty is going to be alone.... :(
All that jazz!

RickW
Goblin

Postby RickW » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 pm

None, Artemis Fowl is not about romance. Also: A/H isn't gonna happen, Eoin Colfer confirmed it on his Facebook!
GREETINGS!!

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:07 pm

AF really isn't about romance- something i think we are all proud of, but a bit of romantic tension and perhaps even a romantic ending is ok, and adds to the plot (to my opinion, anywho). and about Colfer confirming it on his Facebook, Colfer said a bunch of things- he likes toying with the fans... :eyeroll:
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 am

faeryenchanter^^ wrote:Nice to see a long post around here :laughing: sadly, Minerva isn't coming back, and Arty is going to be alone.... :(

Thanks, glad it's not annoying (; Well, we don't know for sure Artemis is going to be alone... Colfer has said stuff about introducing a human girl who's 'like Holly but not', but in some ways I'd almost prefer him to still be single. (Though if Holly gets with Trouble, maybe that would make things less awkward to read...)

evilopalrocks! wrote:AF really isn't about romance- something i think we are all proud of, but a bit of romantic tension and perhaps even a romantic ending is ok, and adds to the plot (to my opinion, anywho). and about Colfer confirming it on his Facebook, Colfer said a bunch of things- he likes toying with the fans... :eyeroll:

Yeah, Colfer's not been too reliable... Though I think most probably after TAC he would have had a lot planned out in terms of the final book, so his generalizations would probably be more accurate at that stage than the ones he made when he was just finished with book 3...

Haha, yeah, I have to agree with you (well, not necessarily about being 'proud' the books aren't romance, lol) but that just because a book series isn't a romance doesn't mean there won't be strong romantic elements, even perhaps seeming to turn the central focus to a romantic relationship. Let's think of the Percy Jackson series, that hadn't turned out too badly, has it? (; Or Pendragon... Or the Hunger Games... Those aren't really romances, but the romantic parts are pretty important and integral to the plots.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 am

Rocket Axxonu wrote:Haha, yeah, I have to agree with you (well, not necessarily about being 'proud' the books aren't romance, lol) but that just because a book series isn't a romance doesn't mean there won't be strong romantic elements, even perhaps seeming to turn the central focus to a romantic relationship. Let's think of the Percy Jackson series, that hadn't turned out too badly, has it? (; Or Pendragon... Or the Hunger Games... Those aren't really romances, but the romantic parts are pretty important and integral to the plots.

yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, only you said it better..... :(
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 am

Bah. I am now starting to think that the books are totally adventure based. Yep. No shipping allowed. :laughing:
All that jazz!

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:41 am

evilopalrocks! wrote:
Rocket Axxonu wrote:Haha, yeah, I have to agree with you (well, not necessarily about being 'proud' the books aren't romance, lol) but that just because a book series isn't a romance doesn't mean there won't be strong romantic elements, even perhaps seeming to turn the central focus to a romantic relationship. Let's think of the Percy Jackson series, that hadn't turned out too badly, has it? (; Or Pendragon... Or the Hunger Games... Those aren't really romances, but the romantic parts are pretty important and integral to the plots.

yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, only you said it better..... :(

lol, you said it fine (: I just wanted to add some some specific examples...

faeryenchanter^^ wrote:Bah. I am now starting to think that the books are totally adventure based. Yep. No shipping allowed. :laughing:

You know... this might actually be a better mentality to have. Like, don't expect there to be any romance whatsoever in the final book. Then, whenever there is just the tiniest bit, we'll be so grateful rather than disappointed, lol.

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”