Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian **HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!**

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
FadingLight
Mud Man

Re: Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian **HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!**

Postby FadingLight » Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 pm

I listened to the audiobook, since I have an unfortunate habit of gobbling up actual books.

In the beginning it seemed like Artemis just kind of got dragged around a lot, but his plan in the end totally made up for that.

Also, I didn't cry when Artemis died, but I almost cried when the whole thing was over—not because of the whole Artemis thing, but because, well, one of my favourite series's just ended. And you don't even know if he got back his memory! Although he probably got back his memory. Otherwise all the character development throughout the series was wasted.

All in all, awesome book.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Sun May 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Seriously?! I was bawling through lunch.

CrazyGirlyCaptain
Centaur
Real First Name: Rory

Postby CrazyGirlyCaptain » Fri May 22, 2015 3:37 pm

I remember when I first read the book I thought I was home alone. Usually my family teases me for getting too emotional over books and movies and things so it was nice to just be able to read the book and not worry about someone coming to my room for something and making fun of me for crying. But apparently my brother's girlfriend was over and heard me crying from the living room (my bedroom is in the basement). She described it as a wail. But, I mean, I was distraught.

But, ah, I get so emotional about the book I have only read it twice. And the last time was about a year after it came out so I'm in for a treat once I finish rereading The Atlantis Complex! (And by treat I mean I'm gonna cry. It's fine though.)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:08 pm

I usually don't cry while finishing books… although sometimes I feel like crying.

I failed to summon actual tears for the last book, but thought out the part where Artemis was going out to sacrifice himself I was listening to the audiobook in a state of fascinated horror.

And when the whole thing was over I had to sit and digest it for a while.

Thank goodness Artemis came back.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Athena32
Goblin
AFC Fan Fiction Name: MyshiCorp

Postby Athena32 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:39 am

I put off reading it for a while, because I was scared they'd kill off Holly or Foaly. Then I finally summoned the courage to read it, but went to the last page, to make sure my favorite people were okay. After that I read it normally. I wasn't completely heartless when Artemis died, because I don't cry over books, but I teared up a little at the "I was a broken boy" part. It was so sad.

After I finished reading it, I just sat for a while with an expression of shock on my face. I couldn't believe it was over! (This was before I discovered the wonders of fan fiction, so I thought that would mean no new AF reading.) I still want more AF from Colfer, and would relish another book, or short story, or something!
I'm fine, seeing as you asked.-Foaly
Gnommish… Gnommish… What blasted translation system doesn’t have Gnommish?

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”