Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian **HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!**

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
Emmi-Kat
Pixie
Real First Name: Emma

Re: Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian **HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!**

Postby Emmi-Kat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:17 am

artytwin wrote:
Emmi-Kat wrote:Hey...if Arty died, then what happened to Holly's human eye? Any effect?

holly's human eye? it's in the ground with artemis's original body. the clone had both eyes blue -.- sadly!

No, that's Arty's faerie eye. Holly's human eye, Artemis' old eye, was in Holly's head. But if Artemis died, would his eye have died too, even though it wasn't any longer attached to him.
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Check out my gallery on dA! http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/

artytwin
Commander
Real First Name: Fatima

Postby artytwin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:24 am

Emmi-Kat wrote:
artytwin wrote:
Emmi-Kat wrote:Hey...if Arty died, then what happened to Holly's human eye? Any effect?

holly's human eye? it's in the ground with artemis's original body. the clone had both eyes blue -.- sadly!

No, that's Arty's faerie eye. Holly's human eye, Artemis' old eye, was in Holly's head. But if Artemis died, would his eye have died too, even though it wasn't any longer attached to him.

oh oh oh! sorry. well i dont know... maybe it became a part of holly?

Emmi-Kat
Pixie

Postby Emmi-Kat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 pm

artytwin wrote:
Emmi-Kat wrote:
artytwin wrote:

oh oh oh! sorry. well i dont know... maybe it became a part of holly?

Probably, though I thought it would be interesting if there was some effect on it from his dying.
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Karkand
Gremlin
Real First Name: CLASSIFIED

Postby Karkand » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 pm

I won't quote all those things, but I personally think that there shouldn't have been any affect, though it would be interesting. After all the eye in Holly'd head from Artemis doesn't have a telpathic link with Artemis's body, so it doesn't know wether to die or not.
If you try to fail, and you succeed, which one did you do?

Punctuation saves lives!

Let's eat Grandma.
Let's eat, Grandma.

LIKE A FRENCH!

Emmi-Kat
Pixie

Postby Emmi-Kat » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 am

It would have been cool if they could see what the other saw, too... :laughing:

artytwin
Commander

Postby artytwin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 am

OMG THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE. sheesh! this is not good, i've become a bloody A/H shipper!

Emmi-Kat
Pixie

Postby Emmi-Kat » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:14 am

artytwin wrote:OMG THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE. sheesh! this is not good, i've become a bloody A/H shipper!

No!!! I didn't mean it like that!!!! D:

unappreciatedgenius7
Gremlin

Postby unappreciatedgenius7 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:39 pm

I found the begining and the end awesome. In the middle it was okay, but like was said before, not many witty quotes, but the part when they're all catching their breath in the lake and Butler says, We've lost the crickets, and Holly just bursts out laughing, and the rest of that part, yeah. That was perfect. Also Mulch and the Troll was pretty amusing. I like how authors can make up different things as they go, I find that so amusing.
---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

---92% of teens would be dead if Ambercrombie and Fitch said it is uncool to breath and the other 8% would be laughing if you agree put this on your siggy.---

artytwin
Commander

Postby artytwin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Emmi-Kat wrote:
artytwin wrote:OMG THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE. sheesh! this is not good, i've become a bloody A/H shipper!

yeah i know you didn't. i just couldnt resist :( sorry

Emmi-Kat
Pixie

Postby Emmi-Kat » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 am

artytwin wrote:
Emmi-Kat wrote:

yeah i know you didn't. i just couldnt resist :( sorry

It's okay. :)

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:47 am

I keep reading the same page over and over and am stuck on the same question: how did Artemis die? I guess it's something to do with Opal's magic or something, but I need to know for sure. And if you didn't cry when Artemis died, you must be a robot.

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:52 am

AF Lover wrote:I keep reading the same page over and over and am stuck on the same question: how did Artemis die? I guess it's something to do with Opal's magic or something, but I need to know for sure. And if you didn't cry when Artemis died, you must be a robot.

It's because Artemis has the fairy eye that the black magic targets him. Thus, it starts killing him. Which is sad. And made me cry. :(

Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

Shut up, I know I'm trash.

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks! I fully understand it now. 8)

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:29 pm

AF Lover wrote:And if you didn't cry when Artemis died, you must be a robot.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a robot, but I didn't cry anyway. I guess that was because I really didn't get into the book - sweet euphemism that is -, and... well, I was hoping, he would die. Dunno how to explain, I just felt that somehow had to happen ; wouldn't have it been an interesting ending ? Artemis did all kind of bad things, but that's when he eventually becomes a hero that he dies. Unfortunately, I can only imagine all the great debates we could have had about that, because it was too hard for Eoin Colfer to admit that maybe his main character had to disappear.
When Holly died, I cried. Because the book was excellent, packed with emotions, action and all since the very first pages, I was totally into the story and the brutality of her death hit me like a freakin truck when it happened. In the Last Guardian, it seems to me that at the very last chapter Colfer realized the book was completely empty and maybe needed at least a little scene of emotion. But it was too late for me, I guess.

When Holly came back, I was happy. When Artemis did, I was atroceously disappointed, not only because I longed for his death since the seventh book but also because I found the explanation of his return both ridiculous and very poorly led. Seriously, souls ? Ghosts ???!!! Where the hell did all that stuff came from ? I've nothing against ghosts, but such a huge thing should have been introduced way earlier in the books ; to me it just felt like Eoin Colfer wanted to bring Artemis back for an happy ending but he didn't have ideas, so he improvised.

... I really disliked that poor book x')
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''

~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 pm

I listened to the audiobook, since I have an unfortunate habit of gobbling up actual books.

In the beginning it seemed like Artemis just kind of got dragged around a lot, but his plan in the end totally made up for that.

Also, I didn't cry when Artemis died, but I almost cried when the whole thing was over—not because of the whole Artemis thing, but because, well, one of my favourite series's just ended. And you don't even know if he got back his memory! Although he probably got back his memory. Otherwise all the character development throughout the series was wasted.

All in all, awesome book.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”