Chix Verbil. What do we really think of him?

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
Archery girl
Dwarf

Re: Chix Verbil. What do we really think of him?

Postby Archery girl » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:02 am

Yeah Chix needs to give up on Holly. Seriously. But I agree I think he could be a good person.
Awesome quotes:

"Fear is not evil, it tells you what your weakness is. Once you know your weakness you can become stronger as well as kinder." -Gildarts Clive, from the anime Fairy Tail.

"Awww," Minho said, "That's almost as sweet as that time she slammed the end of a spear into your shuck face." -Minho, from Death Cure.

Will: "But I thought..."
Gilan: "Never say that in front of Halt. He'll simply reply, 'You're an apprentice. You're not ready to think,' or 'If you thought about it, you wouldn't ask'." -The Ranger's Apprentice Book 1, The Ruins of Gorlan.

Athena32
Goblin
AFC Fan Fiction Name: MyshiCorp

Postby Athena32 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:14 pm

I think Chix is kind of full of himself. And he regards doing his job as secondary to getting a date. The whole part in TOD where he lets Mulch go because he's afraid of opal proves he's very cowardly. Plus, it would be SO annoying to have a coworker like that. All the time flirting with you while your trying to do your job!
I'm fine, seeing as you asked.-Foaly
Gnommish… Gnommish… What blasted translation system doesn’t have Gnommish?

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Yeah… Chix is pretty funny when he shows up, but he'd probably be annoying in real life. The fact that he seems to think he's irresistible, what Athena32 said about being cowardly, and the fact that even after he's been shot in the wing and Holly is going to rescue him, he still seems to think she likes him. But still. Funny.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

artytwin
Commander
Real First Name: Fatima

Postby artytwin » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:09 pm

When I think of Chix, the word that comes to mind would be obnoxious :lick:

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Haha, yeah, I think Chix was really designed just to be kind of a comedy relief character...Although, in TOD he ultimately did do the right thing and helped Mulch escape, even though it could have gotten him into trouble. So in a way, he was a little brave there. (Even though his bravery involved letting himself get knocked out and stolen from. X3 Chix always gets the ignoble roles...)

But yeah, would definitely not want to work with him in real life. XD! (Actually, I have worked with people who are a bit like Chix, at least when it comes to the flirting. For some guys, I think it's just a part of their habit of communication. But I don't think they were half as annoying as Chix. [I think it's the whole 'You know you like me' thing that really gets under the skin. There are some books where that kind of confidence is portrayed as something attractive, but I feel like in real life it's a major turnoff for most...])
Last edited by Rocket Axxonu on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Athena32
Goblin
AFC Fan Fiction Name: MyshiCorp

Postby Athena32 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:28 am

Rocket Axxonu wrote:Haha, yeah, I think Chix was really designed just to be kind of a comedy relief character...Although, in TOD he ultimately did do the right thing and helped Mulch escape, even though it could have gotten him into Trouble.

It wasn't real bravery, though. He was just letting Mulch manipulate him. He knew it, but he went along with it.

(Also, have you guys noticed how it gets super confusing when there is a character in the fandom named Trouble? I'm not sure if you are talking about trouble (a sticky situation) or Trouble (Kelp). I think you meant trouble...)
I'm fine, seeing as you asked.-Foaly
Gnommish… Gnommish… What blasted translation system doesn’t have Gnommish?

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”