You know you are an AF nerd when...

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
Athena32
Goblin
AFC Fan Fiction Name: MyshiCorp

Re: You know you are an AF nerd when...

Postby Athena32 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:39 pm

...Any stories you write have at least one name borrowed from Artemis Fowl. (My cousins have always wondered why I use the name Holly so much)
I'm fine, seeing as you asked.-Foaly
Gnommish… Gnommish… What blasted translation system doesn’t have Gnommish?

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:32 pm

…You walk around with a huge grin on your face after your favourite AF fanfiction updates.
…You take a magnifying glass to your graphic novels and try to see if the random Gnommish in some places says anything. And you are disappointed when it turns out to be gibberish.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Kron48
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Max
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Uhh... Foaly Jr.?

Postby Kron48 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:47 am

When I realize how people were talking about how the fandom had slowed down in February of 2015... Wow ok so yeah I completely missed everything. Kms...
"The end: It's gonna happen! But in the meantime, its on with the show. On with the show!" -Devo

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:49 am

Yeah, the fandom was probably at it's most active around the time The Time Paradox came out, so I was getting into it on the tail end of it. (Just after The Atlantis Complex.) I think it could get more active around here if new people were to start posting in the discussion threads again, but it seems like most of the old people who were on here don't check here anymore... :\

On the topic:

1. You make so many Artemis Fowl references and bring it up so often that your sister bans it from the conversation.

2. No matter how many other fandoms you get into, when AF comes up in the conversation, all the little details you spent hours upon hours memorizing all immediately come flooding back. (It's like riding a bike.)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Arty's #1 Fan
Cave Troll

Postby Arty's #1 Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 pm

You know you are an AF nerd when...
... you find some relation to AF in EVERY aspect of your life.
... your topic for a project is one you chose only because it was related to something in AF. This one is something specific for me, actually. In my World Geography class, we had to do a project on something about Africa or the Middle East. I did mine on lemurs because of TTP.
... you start laughing whenever you see a lollipop.
... you never leave home without an AF book.
... you've given up on reading new books, instead rereading AF books.
“ And one more thing. About my name – Artemis – you were right, in London. It is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.” Artemis Fowl II~ an amazing quote!

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”