Favourite AF Character

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.

Who's your Favorite AF Character?

Arno Blunt
No votes
Artemis Fowl I
6%
Artemis Fowl II
44%
Orion Fowl
No votes
Beau Paradizo
No votes
Beckett Fowl
6%
Myles Fowl
No votes
Bertholt
No votes
Billy Kong
No votes
Briar Cudgeon
No votes
Domovoi Butler
No votes
Caballine
No votes
Carla Frazetti
No votes
Chips
No votes
Chix Verbil
No votes
Commandant Terryl
No votes
Cumulus
No votes
D'nall
No votes
Doodah Day
No votes
Dr. Constance Lane
No votes
Dr. Hans Schalke
No votes
Dr. Jerbal Argon
No votes
Dr. Kronski
No votes
Foaly
6%
General Scalene
No votes
Giovanni Zito
No votes
Grub Kelp
6%
Holly Short
22%
Jayjay
No votes
Jon Spiro
No votes
Juan Soto
No votes
Juliet Butler
No votes
Julius Root
No votes
Justin Barre
No votes
Luc Carrère
No votes
Madame Ko
No votes
Major Evergreen
No votes
Maria
No votes
Mervall Brill
No votes
Descant Brill
No votes
Mikhael Vassikin
No votes
Gaspard Paradizo
No votes
Minerva Paradizo
No votes
Mr. Britva
No votes
Mulch Diggums
No votes
Nan Burdeh
No votes
Nguyen Xuan
No votes
Nopal
No votes
N°1
6%
Qwan
No votes
Qweffor
No votes
Opal Koboi
6%
Pex
No votes
Raine Vinyáya
No votes
Tarpon Vinyáya
No votes
Trouble Kelp
No votes
Vishby
No votes
Turnball Root
No votes
Extinctionists
No votes
Ark Sool
No votes

Total votes: 18

Merv Simestra
Commander
Real First Name:Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Merv Simetra
Re: Favourite AF Character

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:37 am

It's all right. We change our minds sometimes. :)

Also, please don't double post. If you have more you want to say, just edit your previous post. You can double post if you create a fanart/fanfic thread of your own stuff, but outside of that double-posting is frowned upon. Just wanted to let you know! :)

It is good to have a more active person on now. Most everyone else has kind of disappeared.
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.
Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.
Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

Shut up, I know I'm trash.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:04 am

Seems like there's been quite a few different picks on this question. (Not too many people have voted on this one, but I bet if we got together all the old fans and they voted, the variance would be even greater.) I love series where you have so many interesting characters that there's a lot to choose from besides the main ones.

I guess I already said Artemis and Holly (maybe leaning toward Holly, though as I said, I go back and forth), but after that...

Maybe Minerva third. I know fans can have a negative association with her (because in fanfiction, having a new OC girl who's also a genius feels cliche and unrealistic), but I did feel like her introduction was done well, and I didn't have a problem with it. And I do like the idea of a female genius--I remember reading Death Note (which features quite a few characters with genius-level intelligence), and feeling kind of let down there weren't any. (Although, maybe part of my problem was that I felt like Death Note had a bit of sexist undertone running throughout the series... x3 The types of roles all the key female characters played...) She has a pretty interesting arc throughout The Lost Colony, and I liked how it mirrored Artemis's through the earlier part of the series. Although, maybe the reason I like her is the feeling of her potential as a character. (Which of course we know was never really realized.)

After that...possibly Butler. I'm often a sucker for characters who are intensely loyal (part of the reason Misa-Misa was my favorite character in Death Note--psychopath that she was, I remember being impressed by that gratitude and loyalty to Light, even in confinement and under intense interrogation...but, anyway) and Butler and Artemis's relationship is one of the things I loved about the series. (I remember really being drawn into that first part of TEC. When I was first reading it, I really didn't know if Butler would actually survive, and that made it a pretty heartwrenching set of scenes.) I also love how Butler's skills and military sense of efficiency compliment Artemis's particular skillset so well, and really, as impressive as Artemis's intelligence make him, it's really generally Butler who makes Artemis's brilliant plans possible.

Strangely, Opal also became a character I really liked over time. (When I initially read the series, I guess I didn't particularly care about her one way or another, and I did sometimes feel like a lot of fans, 'Not her again.' xD) But as I read the series more times, and really began to see all the details that made a real foil for Artemis ('foil' is a literature term I heard in high school; it refers to a character whose similarities to another character help accentuate the differences). Not only are they both geniuses and criminal masterminds, but they've grown up in similar social spheres, with the privilege of wealth. (As Opal says, they might have been allies if they had met under different circumstances.) But, Artemis clearly cares more about the people close to him, while Opal doesn't really have anyone. I loved the contrast that was set up in TAI, where we learn of how Opal basically ruined her father, in contrast to Artemis, whose primary goal throughout the book is to save his father.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Arty's #1 Fan
Cave Troll

Postby Arty's #1 Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:54 pm

I chose Arty! He is an amazing character, and goes through so much character development throughout the series. Also, his intelligence level is amazing! Sometimes I wish he were real so that I could have intelligent conversation with someone. :lol: Also, he is really cute. :wuv: His plans are really amazing! Even rereading the books, I can't help thinking "How does he manage to plan for all this?" ARTY IS THE BEST!!!
“ And one more thing. About my name – Artemis – you were right, in London. It is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.” Artemis Fowl II~ an amazing quote!

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”