What's Your Favorite AF book?

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.

Artemis Fowl
9%
The Arctic Incident
9%
The Eternity Code
27%
The Opal Deception
9%
The Lost Colony
18%
The Time Paradox
27%
The Atlantis Complex
No votes
The Last Guardian
No votes

Total votes: 11

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:49 am

I don't know if this already exists, but vote anyway!

FadingLight
Mud Man

Re: What's Your Favorite AF book?

Postby FadingLight » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:05 pm

I liked the Arctic Incident the best, since you can just see Artemis changing.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:49 am

I've probably said this a lot, but mine is The Time Paradox. I just can't get over how much I love seeing the threads from the other books kind of come together, and how well the events connect back to those of the first. (Seeing the contrast of Artemis after he has started to develop a conscience and the person he was in book one was just so epic.) And the contrast of Artemis and Holly's relationship versus what it was in the first book, and the personal crisis Artemis experiences that had been building throughout the previous books (being cold and calculating and manipulative, but having reason to deeply regret feeling the necessity to do so in a way he never felt in the previous books.) The romance was so well done, believable based on the surrounding circumstances that were set up (setting up Holly's sense of isolation from the events in the previous books, her background with her mother, her physical change back into an adolescent, etc.), but not too overbearing, which worked for me. You could really feel the sense of the personal stake for the characters in this one, and I love that.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

NerdGurl
Gremlin
Real First Name: Kaeli
AFC Fan Fiction Name: NerdGurl

Postby NerdGurl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:19 am

My favorite's The Time Paradox! I love the plot! Going back in time, trying to stop Artemis's younger more annoying self! I loved that Opal was involved! She makes everything better. I think the A/H kiss was unnecessary. But I can ignore that because everything else is so AWESOME!!!

GMontag
Swear Toad

Postby GMontag » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:39 am

TEC, but less so for the story (which was still excellent, as far as the AF books went), and more so because of the circumstances in which I read it. I'm pretty sure it was the first book I ever bought for myself (and one of the only books I owned at the time), and there was a long time (months, probably) when I would actually read it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Finish, go back, repeat. I realized a while into this routine that I could recite the first one and half chapters verbatim.

It was a weirdly important part of my childhood.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:03 am

Haha! That is too awesome. XD (I was obsessive like that too as a kid, though not with AF, since I didn't discover that until I was maybe twenty or twenty-one. Pretty recently, anyway.) I think it's interesting how your circumstances (or time of life) of reading a particular book or series can have such an impact on how you receive it, and what associations you have with it. I sometimes wonder, would I have reacted differently to such-and-such particular series if I'd read it at a different time? (Or was it fate, and I would have loved it as much as I did anyway, because there's just something about the series that resonates with me?) It's interesting to think about.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Athena32
Goblin
AFC Fan Fiction Name: MyshiCorp

Postby Athena32 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:53 pm

I liked the Eternity Code and the Lost Colony. The EC is great because of all of the humor, and I like the friendship between Artemis and Holly in LC. If I were the author, I would have kept it as a friendship for the rest of the series, and that's why I don't like TP.
I also like the characters of No. 1 and Minerva in LC, and Foaly's sarcastic comments in both.
I'm fine, seeing as you asked.-Foaly
Gnommish… Gnommish… What blasted translation system doesn’t have Gnommish?

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”