A list I found online

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
FadingLight
Mud Man
A list I found online

Postby FadingLight » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:08 am

Okay, I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but I'm really not sure where it should go. I'm not sure if anyone else's already discovered it, but it's a list of the richest fictional characters I found on forbes.com after following a series of links, and apparently in 2011 Artemis was in third place on the list. Here's the link: http://www.forbes.com/lists/fictional15 ... wl-ii.html

If this is in the wrong place, or a thread already exists for this, please tell me or move it. Thanks!
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name:Keara. -_-

Re: A list I found online

Postby KearaAdara » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Oooooh yes :loveeyes: That one. When I had a crush on Arty (okaycomeoneverygirlinthisforumhadacrushonanafcharacterbeforeright) I snooped about a lot and I was really proud of Arty.... A fictional character that used to get his money by underhanded means. Yep. :lick: :lick:

I believe that was before TLG when he gave all the remaining ransom gold back to Holly.

Merv Simestra
Commander
Real First Name:Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:40 am

More belongs in the Artemis Fowl Talk forum. I've moved it for you. :)

That is really cool. I haven't taken a look at the whole list, but it's nice to know our favorite criminal mastermind made it to third in 2011. :)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.
Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.
Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

Shut up, I know I'm trash.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:45 am

XD!!! I should have known Artemis was behind facebook, that explains a lot. (Now I can tell my mom who to send the message about the discontinuation of CityVille. Watch out, Arty.)

Ohh man, this is too awesome. XD!! (Hey, the fb thing even put him ahead of Smaug and Bruce Wayne. But yeah, I think Keara's right, this was before he gave back the ransom money, who knows where he would be on the list now.)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:59 pm

It should be a book.

Theft, forgery, and Facebook.

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm guessing Arty wouldn't want the tales of his criminal exploits broadcast to the world. I'm also guessing most of his money came from his criminal exploits. Kudos to Eoin Colfer for finally telling us where all the gold bars went!
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:29 am

Arty's net worth should be around $35B, as so:

FB net worth: $33.3B
Arty's net worth before Eoin claimed Facebook: $1.9B

So, he should be 3rd, behind Flintgold something Duck (59B) and in front of Carlisle Cullen (34B).

Thing is, he isn't anywhere on the list.

JUST BECAUSE THE SERIES IS OVER DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T A CHARACTER ANY MORE!

awkward_artemis45
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Sophie
Location:When I'm not in Haven or at the Manor, I frequent the US.

Postby awkward_artemis45 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:01 pm

That's epic. I mean, on that list, being put before Tony Stark, Smaug AND Bruce Wayne is impressive! Although, yeah, he did give Holly the ransom gold in his will. But, all the Fowls are pretty rich in general, so he still might be up on the list. Maybe just not quite so high. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
"The world needs to be saved. I realize now, finally, that I must be the one to save it. This is why I'm a genius. My very raison d'être." -Artemis Fowl the Second
"Of course I saved you. I couldn't do without you." -Holly Short
"Pixies rock hard! Extreme pixie hard rock, baby!" -Mervall Brill
"I never tell anyone exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared." -Artemis Fowl the Second
"My truffles? You took them. That's just mean." -Opal blooming Kaboi
"Be well." -Julius Root. RIP, Julius <3
"One rejection isn't going to change the chemistry that we share. Trust me, when it comes to science, I'm quite the prodigy." -Artemis, in a fanfiction called The Artist and the Hunter by iesnoth
"Sayonara, sweetheart." -Foaly

awkward_artemis45
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Sophie
Location:When I'm not in Haven or at the Manor, I frequent the US.

Postby awkward_artemis45 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:24 pm

That's epic. I mean, on that list, being put before Tony Stark, Smaug AND Bruce Wayne is impressive! Although, yeah, he did give Holly the ransom gold in his will. But, all the Fowls are pretty rich in general, so he still might be up on the list. Maybe just not quite so high. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
"The world needs to be saved. I realize now, finally, that I must be the one to save it. This is why I'm a genius. My very raison d'être." -Artemis Fowl the Second
"Of course I saved you. I couldn't do without you." -Holly Short
"Pixies rock hard! Extreme pixie hard rock, baby!" -Mervall Brill
"I never tell anyone exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared." -Artemis Fowl the Second
"My truffles? You took them. That's just mean." -Opal blooming Kaboi
"Be well." -Julius Root. RIP, Julius <3
"One rejection isn't going to change the chemistry that we share. Trust me, when it comes to science, I'm quite the prodigy." -Artemis, in a fanfiction called The Artist and the Hunter by iesnoth
"Sayonara, sweetheart." -Foaly

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”