5%
Fletcher Moon
5%

Total votes: 111

Arty is smarty
Commander

Re: EC's Best Creation...

Postby Arty is smarty » Sun May 06, 2007 6:48 pm

The results for the polls were funny. I was expecting a pretty much even split all the way, and then it was like DOINK! Artemis Fowl!

I definetly voted for Artemis. It's fascinating to see an adult thinking through the mind of a child--You can see a lot of Eoin reflected in Artemis. Arty is so inspiring to me. I know, cheesy, but true. Just the way that he handles everything with a precise confidence. I've never even heard of someone being that cool in the heat of pressure. It's crazy. I love Artemis! Yeee!

~Arty
[b]Knight of the Invisible Table

Image<watch it! Best show ever!

MASTER I
Council Member

Postby MASTER I » Tue May 08, 2007 12:56 pm

thesupernaturalist wrote:
Hello wrote:I voted for Artemis, but Cosmo came close behind. The supernaturalist was a great book, and I actually think I'd be happier if they made a movie of this book instead of AF. Aqua Shocked 2

OMG! I think that as well. It they did it right the Supernaturalist would be a great movie. It would be different (well I think it would be). =P

I actually agree with that! I think Artemis Fowl should be left alone and they should tackle the Supernaturalist. It's a wonderful storyline and characters too and probably get more fans in AF. 'Twould probably be easier to find people to act the characters too..

I don't want a sequel to the Supernaturalist though.. Hmph.

Well surprisingly </sarc>, I voted Artemis Fowl too.. Cosmo was close behind and I wasn't so sure on Fletcher Moon. I couldn't relate to him very much to be frank, and all throughout the book I was comparing both the storyline and the protoganist of those of Artemis Fowl. It's not because I read AF first because the evil mastermind appeals to me more.. It seems more unique.
"My tongue will tell the anger of my heart or else my heart concealing it will break and rather than it shall, I will be free even to the uttermost, as I please, in words."

"Talk not to me: I will go sit and weep
Till I can find occasion of revenge."

thesupernaturalist
Pixie

Postby thesupernaturalist » Thu May 10, 2007 1:23 pm

MASTER I wrote:
thesupernaturalist wrote:
Hello wrote:I voted for Artemis, but Cosmo came close behind. The supernaturalist was a great book, and I actually think I'd be happier if they made a movie of this book instead of AF. Aqua Shocked 2

OMG! I think that as well. It they did it right the Supernaturalist would be a great movie. It would be different (well I think it would be). =P

I actually agree with that! I think Artemis Fowl should be left alone and they should tackle the Supernaturalist. It's a wonderful storyline and characters too and probably get more fans in AF. 'Twould probably be easier to find people to act the characters too..

I don't want a sequel to the Supernaturalist though.. Hmph.

Yay! People agree with me =P. But the Supernaturalist does have a wonderful storyline and characters - it also has the added bonus of (at the moment) being a stand alone book and it would not seem to be (as much) as jumping on the bandwagon. And there would be no questions of are they going to make the sequel or are they going to meld the books all together (like they did with ASoUE) and also I think that (if they did it right) the Supernaturalist would be visually stunning in an odd sort of sci-if way. =)
And the Supernaturalist sequel... how is it going to work without Stefan? He was basically the driving force of the plot line, sure it was about Cosmo and his escape/new life but it was as much of Stefan's story as Cosmo's. I guess the sequel will have to be more Cosmo centred.
Anyway... I've rambled a bit off topic...

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:30 am

I've read the Supernatralist and I still vote for Arty just because he's so different from anyone else I've read...

But Yeah I think that the Supernatrualist would be a movie worth going to see! *daydreams*
I am the Queeking and Founder of the Knights of the Invisible Table!
If you would like to join the Knights of the Invisible table please go
here.

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:03 am

Arty is smarty wrote:I definetly voted for Artemis. It's fascinating to see an adult thinking through the mind of a child--You can see a lot of Eoin reflected in Artemis. Arty is so inspiring to me. I know, cheesy, but true. Just the way that he handles everything with a precise confidence. I've never even heard of someone being that cool in the heat of pressure. It's crazy. I love Artemis! Yeee!

~Arty

YES! You summed up the most admirable aspect of Artemis's character perfectly! The scenes which really show this -In TEC, just after Butler is shot and in Hybras when Holly is killed- are my favourite scenes in the series. I love how his brain is able to kick into action even when his loved ones are dying. It puts me in awe...His steely determination and zen-like calm are qualities that I aspire to.

Wacky Weirdo
Sprite

Postby Wacky Weirdo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:57 am

Artemis Fowl all the way! Artemis is always just so cool and calm, even in dangerous situations because he always has a back up. I don't know, maybe I just have a thing for child prodigies.
I hate it when people commit suicide. Life is the most precious thing you can have, why throw it away?

I think I'm losing it, my blue giraffe talks to me, is that normal?

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:16 pm

I found Half-Moon a really interesting character, as I've stated before, he was more real. Don't get me wrong, I love Artemis to bits, but I can kind of relate to Moon because when I was younger, I wanted to be a Spy or a detective when I grew up. xD

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:58 am

I chose artemis because i can better relate to him than any other character i've read about so far.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Trubs
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Trubs » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:11 am

ARTY RULES!!!!! Then I would say Fletcher Moon.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:12 pm

I think that all of them are great. I chose Arty, however, because he's had more time to mature and throughout the entire series you get to see him develop morally, and that makes him seem so realistic to me. The way he progresses from a bad guy to more of a good guy is really real-sounding. That's why I love Colfer so much: his characters are vivid and they act so much like real people it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference. I bet if Fletcher, Meg, and Cosmo had sequels they'd act the same way. But so far Artemis is the best.

And like so many other people in this thread have pointed out, his calm, collected determination is AWESOME. The way his brain just sort of marshals itself together and becomes razor-sharp in times of desperation. Amazing.

My choice would DEFINATELY be Artemis Fowl.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

SamTheHam
Cave Troll

Postby SamTheHam » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:07 am

Artemis Fowl all the way Laughing

Nikita
Tweetie

Postby Nikita » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:19 am

Dang, SamTheHam, that came remarkably close to being spam. Well, it was - it was short and pointless. Next time, try to elaborate on why you like Artemis, okay? XD

I voted for Meg Finn, because I just liked her best as a character. Inherently good, but was forced to go bad because of nothing better to do, then turned back on track again...Colfer really did an amazing job conveying her guilt and other emotions. I liked Fletcher Moon, as well, because he seemed remarkably like a normal adolescent, much more so than Artemis. Cosmo placed third, because his character showed how he grew from a timid, shy boy to a somewhat bold and definitely braver one. Artemis...though I adore the books, I don't like him so much as a character, because he's so stiff. Admittedly, hormones take effect in TLC, but it's still not enough to take Artemis off of his high horse. XD
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:27 am

I voted Artemis. I liked the wish list but not Meg Finn as a character. I didn't vote half moon because it has been the only one of Colfers books I have ever felt to old for. Even if there was an extremely childish Artemis Fowl book that would be OK because I have been reading him for quite a few years now. It was pretty hard to decide between cosmo and Artemis but in the end the choice suddenly seemd clear. There is a reason these are the AFC forums.
Ello.

Carmis
Elf
Location: North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Postby Carmis » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:11 pm

I vote for Artemis Fowl II. He's just unique. You don't get to many 14-year old criminal Masterminds in books...Wink
On a cloudy day
A normal man looks up
and sees the clouds.
But a visionary looks up
and sees the sun
~Airman~
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:22 pm

I havn't read the Fletcher Moon books, so I voted for Meg! I've only read The Wish List, but I remember really really liking it and the main character (: Though she's closely followed by evil!Artemis! 'cause he was just too cool. >.<
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Return to “Eoin Colfer”