If Colfer Died and Took Artemis With Him, I Would...

Discuss the author and his other works.
yolen
Cave Troll

If Colfer Died and Took Artemis With Him, I Would...

Postby yolen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm doing a research paper for my college english class on the Artemis Fowl Phenomenon (title needs work). When writing the paper, I'm going to try to include some fan response to several questions posted to different forums. Think of it as a mass poll.

My question for this forum is:

If Eoin Colfer died before he finished writing the sixth book, what would you do?

Please try to be more creative than "I would die! Hahahaha!"

And remember, this is for a research paper, so you may be quoted, though annonymously.

(If you have a better title for the paper, feel free to submit it, too. If I use it, I'll give you credit. Smile )
Kidnapping children is not a good idea. All the same, sometimes it has to be done.
-The Island of the Aunts, Eva Ibbotson

Advin21
Gremlin

Re: If Colfer Died and Took Artemis With Him, I Would...

Postby Advin21 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:29 pm

I would do 3 and 1/2 flips.
It's Dark before Dawn.

carino
Mud Man

Postby carino » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:11 pm

I would get a lot of tissues. and probably think of some clever way to commit suicide.
Naw, I'd just keep coming to all the fansites and talking to other people about Artemis and reading their fanfics, and write the 6th book myself.
Check out my blog!

Thanks to all the people who have supplied my graphics!FanGathering, Voldy at AFC, and Kitty Rainbow

MistressMisery
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby MistressMisery » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:22 am

Hmm, if that happened, you could possibly compare it to when Elvis died. Mass hysteria, angry teenagers around the globe threatening to commit suicide, and of course, it would mean the end of the world as we know it.
No, seriously, if Eoin Colfer died and didn't finish the 6th book, I would be extremely annoyed. I'd probably refuse to acknowledge the other books' exsistence, and toss them away. What point is there to read a series when the end of it will never be?
**Roses are red, Violets are blue,**
**Sugar is sweet, and so are you,**
**But the Roses are wilting, the Violets are dead,**
**Everyone's screaming, and you're shot in the head**

carino
Mud Man

Postby carino » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:32 am

^But how could you stop reading them? They're some of my favorite books ever...I would still read them. And speculate Wink
I could never ever give them up.
Check out my blog!

Thanks to all the people who have supplied my graphics!FanGathering, Voldy at AFC, and Kitty Rainbow

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name: Henry

Postby diesector21 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:15 am

I would be disturbed, but I'll get over it quickly. Since we already have an overview of the 6th book, we can create our own based on that plot. It's like using fanfiction to fill in the holes.

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

Captain Kelp
Gremlin

Postby Captain Kelp » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:14 pm

I would kill Cofler!!! Oh wait, he's already dead. Naw, we'd get over it. Who knows, maybe the quality of his novels will deteriorate over time (though I sincerly hope not)
"You cannot win as long as this house stands." "What house?"

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:54 am

I would be like oh well that's sad, I hope that his family will be okay. And honestly, I think you need a different subject, I don't think anyone in your college English class will be very interested by a report about the death of an author of a children's book. Just my opinion though. Good luck.
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Bornsatin
Elf
Real First Name: Raza

Postby Bornsatin » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:55 am

Look for another author?

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:07 am

I would do absolutly nothing.
Ello.

silverphoenix
Elf

Postby silverphoenix » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:14 am

I would feel bad for Colfer, and forgive him for not finishing the series because he has the good excuse of being dead.
"Did someone say Draco Malfoy?"

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:58 am

Hmmm... I would cry and go hide in my room being depressed for a few weeks. Then I would start trying to write the sixth book myself, though I wouldn't get very far.....I sincerely hope that Colfer doesn't die. (I have bad Karma, be warned)
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:52 am

I would be sad for his family and all, like any other dead person. I'd be ok without not having a sixth book. I'd write a lot of fanfiction to replace it, which I'd probably prefer because I could chose the way I want the story to go. Or, I'd read a lot of fanfiction, which I'd also like because than I could chose whether or not I wanted to believe it. I like what Colfer's made with Artemis Fowl, but I disagree with some of his style quirks and characterization. Colfer's given us a lot to work with, a wonderful universe with so many options. He's given us great, interesting characters. They already exist. If he died, he couldn't take that back, and I think that's the greatest contribution he's made. Yes, I want to know what happens next, I want to read the sixth book, but the next book can only add and give, not take away. The other five books have given us readers something as well. It's like getting five presents. Yeah, six would be nice, but you're content with five. You're not greedy or whiny because you didn't get more, you concentrate on what you've got and what you like or dislike about it.

^a jumble of a paragraph. I was just trying to reword myself in different ways so you might be able to use some of it easier.

~Lime Yay
Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:33 pm

Whoa, I came in pretty late.

Here on AFC, we really, really, really don't like it when users register to ask us a question for a school report. That's not what we're here for. This would be interesting as a topic, but we tend to lock threads like these, because they're only started for the benefit of the initial poster. There are tons of other resources you can use, and I highly doubt that a community forum is a good one for a COLLEGE RESEARCH PAPER.

Now I don't think I'll lock this, because it is good discussion, but...Mreh, I won't lock it--for now. ^_^

yolen
Cave Troll

Postby yolen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:50 am

Thank you, kind moderator!

I really am curious as to what people would do if he died, because I've found myself wondering about it a lot since the fifth book, and I wanted to know if anybody would mourn with me.

The paper's really just an excuse to read Artemis when I'm supposed to be doing my homework... ^_^

Thanks to everyone who responded! Very Happy
Kidnapping children is not a good idea. All the same, sometimes it has to be done.
-The Island of the Aunts, Eva Ibbotson

Return to “Eoin Colfer”