Eoin Colfer's Last Guardian tour

Discuss the author and his other works.
Eltil
Swear Toad

Eoin Colfer's Last Guardian tour

Postby Eltil » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Since this is most likely the last time Mr. Colfer will be coming to the states to promote Artemis Fowl, unless by some miracle the movie gets made, I will be going to his appearance in Tennesee on the 18th since that is the closest he will be coming to where I live. I have already gotten the day off work and acquired a ticket to the event since, if I am going to drive 5 hours I want to make sure I can actually get in.
I am super excited to go and am also going to try to get my original copy of Artemis Fowl signed, would be a great way to end my decade long dedication to the series I suppose.

So I'm curious, are any other fans on this site going to see him whether in europe or at ComicCon or what have you?
"There will be consequences for this, he thought. You can't alter time and be unaffected. But whatever the consequences are, I will bear them, because the alternative is too terible."- TLC

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Re: Eoin Colfer's Last Guardian tour

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 pm

I would love love love to go, but the closest one to me is Washington D.C. and my parents are not taking me there. :(

Does anyone know if he'll be doing video podcasts? It's the closest I can get to going to one of his appearances. :(
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

artificialGenius
Sprite
AFC Fan Fiction Name: artificialGenius

Postby artificialGenius » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:59 am

Eltil wrote:Since this is most likely the last time Mr. Colfer will be coming to the states to promote Artemis Fowl, unless by some miracle the movie gets made, I will be going to his appearance in Tennesee on the 18th since that is the closest he will be coming to where I live. I have already gotten the day off work and acquired a ticket to the event since, if I am going to drive 5 hours I want to make sure I can actually get in.
I am super excited to go and am also going to try to get my original copy of Artemis Fowl signed, would be a great way to end my decade long dedication to the series I suppose.

So I'm curious, are any other fans on this site going to see him whether in europe or at ComicCon or what have you?

I happen to be going to the same event as you.
I'm going to try to get my copy of TLG and also maybe my copy of the Atlantis Complex signed, since they're the only ones I have in hardback.
My avatar was made by feastings on tumblr.
"Well, you've gotta stop selling your soul to the devil. He's just gonna want more and more, it's like a drug."

Eltil
Swear Toad

Postby Eltil » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Well that's really cool.
"There will be consequences for this, he thought. You can't alter time and be unaffected. But whatever the consequences are, I will bear them, because the alternative is too terible."- TLC

Eltil
Swear Toad

Postby Eltil » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 pm

I just got back last night but went to sleep as soon as I got home, but it was awesome. He signed both my books and I got to talk to him, he even shook my hand :)

artytwin
Commander
Real First Name: Fatima

Postby artytwin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:04 am

I WISH PPL WOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT THE STINKIN TOURS CUZ I REALLY WISH THAT MR. COLFER WOULD COME SOMEWHERE EVEN NEAAR TO WHERE I LIVE!

Return to “Eoin Colfer”