The wish list

Discuss the author and his other works.
chris
Goblin

Postby chris » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:40 pm

Gus wrote:
Dirty Dwarf wrote:Why do you wish Mr. Colfer would have stoped at book 3 of AF. I'm glad he kept on going.

The end of TEC was perfect. Completely unexpected, completely different. Completely cool. It was the perfect place to end. Artemis went so far, changed so much. And in twenty minutes, he's evil again.

A huge twist. Not "everything ends happily ever after." No "good guy saves the day."

I love TEC. I think it's my favourite of all the books. Mainly because it has twists and turns in the plot. Just when you think our heroes have saved the world something happens that was completely unexpected. Maybe I should read it again. It's been a while...

Think fairy think again
Mud Man

Postby Think fairy think again » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:59 pm

I love all AF books. I can't choose between them. My opinion changes all the time.

But back to The Wish List. I loved it. I've been searching it for 1 1/2 years before I finally found it in the library. I loved it. It was worth searching for. It actually tought me some things. Weird.

But it wasn't as good as Artemis Fowls. Nothing can beat them. Others just hang somewhere behind... But I liked it.
Artemis put his decaf cappuccino down gently, so as not to rattle the saucer. "We're at the Nice Librarym trying to dig up anything on this Minerva person. Perhanps we can find out if she has a villa near here."
"Glad to hear it", said Holly. "I had visions of you two drinking tea at the beach, while I sweat it out here."
Six meters from where Artemis was sitting, waves swirled along at the beach like emerald paint poured from a bucket.
-TLC

block77129
Atlantean

Postby block77129 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:59 am

But back to The Wish List. I loved it. I've been searching it for 1 1/2 years before I finally found it in the library. I loved it. It was worth searching for. It actually tought me some things. Weird.

The wish list gave me a different view on some things in life. I guess it all piles up in the end.
Colfer: “Artemis grabbed her shoulders, for once abandoning his shell of icy composure. 'Holly. Holly, speak to me. Your finger. Is it OK?'
Holly wiggled her fingers, then curled them into a fist. 'I think so,' she said, and whacked Artemis right between the eyes.” (Pg 160 )
AF6 Predictions
Anybody notice that we have no new fan fiction on this site?

Larandia
Atlantean

Re: The wish list

Postby Larandia » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:38 am

I loved the Wish List. I don't believe in ghosts and stuff, or a firey hell where the big bad gets to roast and torture people who he's managed to get to go wrong, because it doesn't make sense, but I loved this story anyway. Meg made me laugh (Eoin always manages to make me laugh in his books), and the interaction between her and Lowrie was brilliant. And I loved the way Zip talked. I was really pleased about the name, because I write stories for my grandson (yes, I did say grandson. See my introduction), and the snail in it is called Zip. You probably have to be a lot older than most of Artemis Fowl readers are, and lived a lot more of life's downsides to understand Lowrie.

I hope Eoin is going to do another Meg Finn story. I did ask him when I met him and he signed my Wish List book, and he said he'd think about it.

CezzaXV
Swear Toad

Postby CezzaXV » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:35 pm

Larandia wrote:I loved the Wish List. I don't believe in ghosts and stuff, or a firey hell where the big bad gets to roast and torture people who he's managed to get to go wrong, because it doesn't make sense, but I loved this story anyway. Meg made me laugh (Eoin always manages to make me laugh in his books), and the interaction between her and Lowrie was brilliant. And I loved the way Zip talked. I was really pleased about the name, because I write stories for my grandson (yes, I did say grandson. See my introduction), and the snail in it is called Zip. You probably have to be a lot older than most of Artemis Fowl readers are, and lived a lot more of life's downsides to understand Lowrie.

I hope Eoin is going to do another Meg Finn story. I did ask him when I met him and he signed my Wish List book, and he said he'd think about it.

No, I don't agree with that. The Wish List was a fantastic book (I've read it so many times now though I can't read it again for a very long time) but I don't think there should be another. The ending was perfect. Nothing needed to happen after that. To get a plot rolling for a second book, I think things would have to happen that were somewhat unbelievable. I'd rather have a new book than a Wish List 2.
Not everyone wants to know everything that's going to happen in book 6 before they read it. The spoiler tag is there on this forum for a reason. For Frond's sake, USE IT!

Larandia
Atlantean

Postby Larandia » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:39 am

CezzaXV wrote:
Larandia wrote:I loved the Wish List. I don't believe in ghosts and stuff, or a firey hell where the big bad gets to roast and torture people who he's managed to get to go wrong, because it doesn't make sense, but I loved this story anyway. Meg made me laugh (Eoin always manages to make me laugh in his books), and the interaction between her and Lowrie was brilliant. And I loved the way Zip talked. I was really pleased about the name, because I write stories for my grandson (yes, I did say grandson. See my introduction), and the snail in it is called Zip. You probably have to be a lot older than most of Artemis Fowl readers are, and lived a lot more of life's downsides to understand Lowrie.

No, I don't agree with that. The Wish List was a fantastic book (I've read it so many times now though I can't read it again for a very long time) but I don't think there should be another. The ending was perfect. Nothing needed to happen after that. To get a plot rolling for a second book, I think things would have to happen that were somewhat unbelievable. I'd rather have a new book than a Wish List 2.

You're probably right. But I miss the characters. I've just lent it to a friend. I know she is going to love it, because I just gave her Half Moon Investigations and she laughed and laughed. And she's almost as old as I am.

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:34 am

Larandia wrote:
CezzaXV wrote:

You're probably right. But I miss the characters. I've just lent it to a friend. I know she is going to love it, because I just gave her Half Moon Investigations and she laughed and laughed. And she's almost as old as I am.

I think it had a good ending and coming out with a sequel would kinda cheapen the story.
Ello.

Grubbah Grub
Cave Troll
Real First Name: Dummyhead...you

Postby Grubbah Grub » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:24 am

Wish List 2?

Look.

Meg's dead up in pearlies.

If Colfer was to make a sequel, it would just probally(plz check spelling) explain all the fruits and castles in the pearlies.

Now I don't think that would be suitable...(unless the villain there's Judas of course)

Now on to the feeling of the WIsh List.

The high tech computers in the fiery furnace was surprising, decent characters that truly show their characteristics(eg Franco, fart jerk), humour packed(very important), and most of all the Colfer style of writing.

That style really is remarkable... you guys explain, i cant.

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:04 pm

i do want a sequel, but i don't see what he could write about. maybe he could take a minor character and change him/her into a main character for the new book like louis sachar did for holes and small steps.
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

TaurusChick12
Mud Man

Postby TaurusChick12 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:40 am

I love the Wish List. Great book, good plot, good humor, good characters. *Sigh* Now THAT is a crossover with Artemis Fowl that I would like to see.

Exit
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Exit » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:54 am

I read like, the first two chapters of this book in my school library while I was killing time. It had me so hooked that I didn't want to drop it. :P Okay, so maybe the characters were a little immature and stereotypical, but I could tell Colfer was on to some very big themes really quickly. I have to get my hands on a copy so I can read it all the way through. If nothing else, it's a great way to shorten the wait for The Last Guardian.

aussiechick
Atlantean
Real First Name: Jasmine
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aussiechick

Postby aussiechick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 am

its OK. STAT.(the book, i mean.)
:eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer
Real First Name: Holly
Location: You know that little voice in the back of your head telling you to kill people? Yeah...

Postby elf_with_attitude » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 pm

I <3 Wishlist, not as much as AF, that is by far the best book by colfer.
This is to be our final transmission
The rebels have defeated our illustrious armies
They have damaged our intention of ugly and defiant malevolence
All that we love and care for will sink
Into the abyss of a new dark age
Made more sinister
And perhaps more protracted
By the light of perverted science and rebellion
The whole root and heavy core
Will perish in starving captivity
You will never win your freedom
You cannot escape... F.E.A.R.

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 pm

It was awsom, but I think that it is still not better than Airman (and AF of course)
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer
Real First Name: Holly
Location: You know that little voice in the back of your head telling you to kill people? Yeah...

Postby elf_with_attitude » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:42 am

I honestly couldn't get my head around airman. Mabe I was just too young,I was 9.
This is to be our final transmission
The rebels have defeated our illustrious armies
They have damaged our intention of ugly and defiant malevolence
All that we love and care for will sink
Into the abyss of a new dark age
Made more sinister
And perhaps more protracted
By the light of perverted science and rebellion
The whole root and heavy core
Will perish in starving captivity
You will never win your freedom
You cannot escape... F.E.A.R.