The ONLY REAL DEBATE.

Here's where it's all at... help TC the world answer the ultimate question! Debate wether Coffee is better than Cheese here! Yes.. so close... *twitch*
Nikita
Tweetie

The ONLY REAL DEBATE.

Postby Nikita » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:01 am

I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

Which is better, cheese or coffee?

Personally, I think that coffee > cheese. It's rich, it's pure, it's got a tantalizing smell, it jolts you awake...what else can you ask for? Apart from the taste, which is simply magnificent, of course. The coffee beans themselves smell so good, it's sometimes all I can do to stop myself from downing the whole cup in one swallow. And with whipped cream? Yumm. It's like heaven.

Cheese, on the other hand, is loaded with fat and tastes absolutely terrible. It tastes like you're biting dried glue, honestly. I once tried a piece of this disgusting Pepper Jack cheese and nearly gagged. Besides, cheese comes in these huge, disgusting circles. There's a reason why mice are always portrayed as liking cheese - no one else in their sane mind would actually like it.

Discuss.
Last edited by TrojanCentaur on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Making this a Global announcement, as this is far more important than any normal AFC News.
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Gus
Master of Haven

Re: The ONLY REAL DEBATE.

Postby Gus » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 am

Actually, real mice don't eat cheese. It was drawn in a cartoon and now it's all stereotyped. I think they'd actually prefer coffee beans to cheese.

I really can't make up my mind here. Not because I'm obsessed with both - quite the opposite.

I barely eat cheese, and I can't stand eating plain cheese. I can only eat cheese if it's on pizza, or something like that.

Coffee... I barely ever drink coffee. Last cup was last week (but only because it was "coffee house," a talent show), and the one before that must have been in December.

The coffee beans themselves smell so good, it's sometimes all I can do to stop myself from downing the whole cup in one swallow.

Actually, what stops you is probably the fact that coffee would burn you. :P

And with whipped cream? Yumm. It's like heaven.

I disagree. While I rarely drink coffee, I only drink black coffee. I'm very strong on this stance. Adding anything else defeats the purpose of coffee.
Image Image
My Artemis Fowl game: Part One | Part Two | Part Three

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:26 am

Nikita wrote:There's a reason why mice are always portrayed as liking cheese - no one else in their sane mind would actually like it.

I'm confused here. Do you hate mice? :P What's the reason mice are always portrayed as liking cheese? Why would no else in their sane mind not like it?

I actually don't care about this sort of debate, but with all the cheese-bashing, I thought I'd put in a good word.

Cheese is a staple food. It's eaten by rich and poor, and has been for a very long time. Coffee is nice, yes, but it's as if asking: which is better, chocolate or vegetables. Chocolate tastes better, vegetables provide nutrition and are better for you. Coffee has zero calories, which is good in some circumstances, but for sustaining life it is less helpful than cheese. Cheese is a universal food eaten throughout the world throughout human history.

Also, cheese is more versatile. It can be spread on bagels, sprinkled on tacos or salad, dipped into with nachos, eaten plain, put on burgers, or put in sandwiches. There are many diverse flavors of cheese, while coffee flavors are nearly identical. Coffee can only be drank.

Also, people who drink coffee get headaches when they aren't able to drink. Coffee is addicting. Coffee stains your teeth, stunts your growth(or so I've heard). Coffee includes caffeine, a drug. (the reason for the addicting quality and the strain from with-drawl)

~Lime YAy
Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:44 am

I don't like coffee its nasty, for the most part, but cheese! I love cheese, its on pizza, macaroni, ham sandwiches, an kind of sandwiches. It the ultimate dairy product. And its a great party appetizer, crackers and cheese, the perfect snack, who goes "hmm, I'm hungry lets have a nice cupa joe?" its insane.

but coffee beans do smell yummy
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Postby TrojanCentaur » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 am

Finally, I thought I'd never see the day. I have to say, this thread is what I've been waiting for for years!

Cheese, so fantastically soft and sweet, the best food ever, but coffee? It's useful, it smelly heavenly, and it also tases awesome! But cheese, it's also healthy for you, it's high in calcium... argh, you're making me choose between my two most favorite things in the entire world!

There has to be some way to choose the best...

TC,
*twitchmuttermuttermustbeawaymuttermutter*
Mwahahhahahaha... MUAHAHAHAHA! *twitch*

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:56 am

Cheese definitely, there's not really much to say. Each one has a different flavor and... cheese is just amazing. Not to mention it's really fun in a quiet room to all of a sudden state "I like cheese" and actually have truth behind it. And cheese can come in all different shapes... blocks, cubes, circles and jars. (well if it's like cheez whiz and it's in a jar... then it's jar shaped and you know it) not to mention it's mouldable. XD
Coffee? Sure, it smells good but it tastes GROSS. It's got that narsty after-taste... it didnt even taste good to begin with! No amount of whipped cream, cinnamon, chocolate sprinkles, hot chocolate or BAILEY'S will ever change that! EW!
Nikita wrote:And with whipped cream? Yumm. It's like heaven.

You can put whipped cream on cheese too... and it would taste better than coffee (i'd eat it... but that's just me XD)
Oh and before i forget, i dont know what kind of cheese you ate... (pepperjack? it doesnt sound very good) but cheese is only good plain in small amounts... too much makes me feel sick. But it's awesome baked into stuff. And it has to be real, not processed.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 am

Coffee is full of nasty caffeine drugs that make your body and brain go psycho. And it tastes disgusting.

Cheese is wonderful. Camembert on a summer's day and hot pizza in winter. What more could you ask for?

Camembert FTW!
ImageImageImageImageImage

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:49 pm

Coffee simply because I prefer to drink things to eating things. You don't get full on juice, you pee a lot, but you don't get full.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:24 pm

Look, cheese is awesome and all, but coffee, darlings, has appeal. Cheese doesn't give you that high. Most importantly, cheese doesn't keep you awake so you can cram at the last moment and pass your exam.

So coffee. DUH. Buzz off, cheese.
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:04 pm

crystal_clear wrote:Coffee? Sure, it smells good but it tastes GROSS. It's got that narsty after-taste... it didnt even taste good to begin with!

That's what you call an after-taste. The first sip stinks, but after you swallow the mix of the coffee's warmth and the rich taste blend together to create this after-taste. You also get after-tastes with tea.

But then again... these are acquired tastes. I think most people hate coffee the very first sip they take.

As for cheese... I don't know that much about it, but aren't there all sorts of types of cheese, and some types are so strong that it's like coffee? An acquired after-taste?
Image Image

TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Postby TrojanCentaur » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:22 pm

I was thinking last night, this debate is seriously winding me up... surely all the vast resources and knowledge I have of these forums can be put to use in solving this question... yes... I'll make this a global announcement! That should do it...

TC,
*twitch*

TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Postby TrojanCentaur » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:35 pm

Come on people! Talk about it! I WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE! *twitch*

TC

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:37 pm

Oh, I think we've finally found the Great Question!

The answer's 42, by the way. Dunno how it'll help, but they always said that the answer only makes sense when you have the question.

Oh, and the universe is supposed to cease to exist and be replaced by something crazier...
Image Image

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 pm

Gus wrote:Actually, real mice don't eat cheese. It was drawn in a cartoon and now it's all stereotyped.

GusGusGus... how is it that you happen to know ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING on the planet? XD I want to steal your brain use it to pass math this year.

Anyway, the answer is obviously cheese. Oh sure, people might say that the fact that I've never tasted coffee in my life might sway my decision a bit, but these people would be absolutely wrong.

That said, cheese is only good when melted. If I ever tried to eat unmelted cheese, my reaction would probably be very similar to how Niki described her encounter with Pepper Jack... except I probably would gag. Ew.
(The exception to this rule is Feta cheese, though. YUM.)
"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Image Image Image
Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:43 pm

Ihdreniel wrote:
Gus wrote:Actually, real mice don't eat cheese. It was drawn in a cartoon and now it's all stereotyped.

GusGusGus... how is it that you happen to know ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING on the planet? XD I want to steal your brain use it to pass math this year.

First off, I don't know everything. And secondly, that's only what my dad told me.

But hey, I'm using my brain! Another HHGG reference!
Image Image

Return to “The Only Real Debate Thread”