U.S vs. U.K?

This is the place to go to talk absolutely rubbish, relax and make some friends!

U.S or U.K? where do you like better?

U.S.
56%
U.K
44%

Total votes: 81

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Re: U.S vs. U.K?

Postby Kitsy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Lol, you don't need to be so apologetic - I'll tell anyone who wants to listen how much better the U.K. is than the U.S., for many of the reasons you've already listed. Not to mention, we just have culture.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 am

I would really love the weather XD.. The moment I stepped out of the airport into cold, rainy weather, I would feel really happy and (sorry for the cliche) alive...

That's just who I am :)
We all have a dark side...

Spoiler:
That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That shite moment in an argument when you realise you are wrong...

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':

But you love me XD

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Well then you'd have loved England today. I was out in central London and it was just wet, cold and gloomy.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Kitsy wrote:Well then you'd have loved England today. I was out in central London and it was just wet, cold and gloomy.

Ditto where I am, despite the recent sun. Everyone in all my classes was like, "OMG! It's raining!" :shiny: I was like O.o It's just rain. If it was snow, everyone running to the window is normal. But rain...? We live in England for Gods' sakes! :laughing:
I see you too! XD

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 pm

The UK by far. =J

Granted, I´ve never been to the US. I´ve never been outside Europe, actually. I´ve grown up in a quite anglomaniacal family... well, my Dad, anyway. My Mom just kinda moves along and enjoys being wherever it´s exciting without being too dangerous.

Then again, the UK has Scotland and England. I find it hard to imagine USA having anything that can match that... as a country, it´s too young; It just haven´t had the time to get any history yet.
UK also has most of my favourite authors - Pratchett, Colfer, Pullman, Scott, Landy, Adams, Buckley-Archer. If I ever went to Ireland, I´d e sure to bring my entire AF collection, just in case I´d meet Eoin Colfer on a random streetcorner. XD

-Multiverse

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 pm

@Multiverse
Ireland isn't in the UK. Only Wales, Scotland, England and the small section Ireland called Northen Ireland. The Republic of Ireland, or Ireland, where Colfer is from and lives. Sorry.

What about Rick Riordan? Have you tried any of his? He's in the US, and his stuff is fantastic, I love Percy Jackson - I would definiatly recomend that as a start off with him. And, of course, the Percy Jackson spin offs and The Red Pyramid.
By Adams, do you mean Douglas Adams? I love him, and it's so cool Eoin took the series over! Shame he died, isn't it?
I see you too! XD

hyunjoonglovie
Elf

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:41 am

You guys seem to love all the books I love ♥.. Yes, I agree with that fact that US is simply to young to have very much history (that is, when you compare it to the UK). I think Australia is much the same.

Perhaps this is why I don't like Australia as much as I liked Europe; it is relatively the same situation between Australia/Europe and US/UK - I think I relate on some level.

Spoiler:
That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':

But you love me XD

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:07 am

UK (though I haven't actually been there). I'd love to go to Wales and Ireland mostly; and visit some castles XD. US was ok, particularly NJ, but when I was in NY the people were quite rude and I guess that sort of put me off.

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:53 am

Out of U.S and U.K, I pick Australia. 'Nuff said. :blush:

The Irish brought us Eoin Colfer, but they also brought us my least favourite band. U2. -.- I hate the lead singer, btw. No offense to any U2 fans out there. :)
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

hyunjoonglovie
Elf

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 am

Mere Reflection wrote:Out of U.S and U.K, I pick Australia. 'Nuff said. :blush:

Why doesn't AFC introduce 'like' buttons??? XD

I know I seem anti-Aus, but out of all the countries I've ever visited, Australians are the coolest people I've ever met :P

Spoiler:

But you love me XD

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Mere Reflection wrote:The Irish brought us Eoin Colfer, but they also brought us my least favourite band. U2. -.- I hate the lead singer, btw. No offense to any U2 fans out there. :)

U2 are Northern Irish, Eoin Colfer is Irish (Republic of Ireland). Look, Northern Ireland is in white/beidge. Northern Ireland is part of Britain, under British rule, Northern Ireland has its own goverment.
Spoiler:

I get sooo over-annoyed when people make that mistake... (No offense, you know Ily SS).
I see you too! XD

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 pm

opalkoboi wrote:@Multiverse
Ireland isn't in the UK. Only Wales, Scotland, England and the small section Ireland called Northen Ireland. The Republic of Ireland, or Ireland, where Colfer is from and lives. Sorry.

What about Rick Riordan? Have you tried any of his? He's in the US, and his stuff is fantastic, I love Percy Jackson - I would definiatly recomend that as a start off with him. And, of course, the Percy Jackson spin offs and The Red Pyramid.
By Adams, do you mean Douglas Adams? I love him, and it's so cool Eoin took the series over! Shame he died, isn't it?

Oooh, Sorry! X/
I know, I know. It´s a mistake I make all too often. I really have to get the sentence 'Ireland is different from Northern Ireland' tatooed onto my brain.

Oh, I just read the first Percy Jackson! I liked it, but the Americanism in it did annoy me, quite honestly. I guess it´s just in my veins not to be very excited by America.
I´m waiting for the Percy Jackson boxset to be available from the UK Amazon before I get the rest of them, so I won´t be reading the spinoffs before then, either. The Red Pyramid isn´t related to PJ, is it? I suppose I could read that in the meantime.

Yup, that Adams. I love his books, too. ^_^

Anyway, to add onto myh list of British Author Prodigies are Neil Gaiman. On America´s side, they´ve got Daniel Handler. He counts for a lot, you know.

-Multiverse

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:12 am

Multiverse wrote:
opalkoboi wrote:@Multiverse

Oooh, Sorry! X/
I know, I know. It´s a mistake I make all too often. I really have to get the sentence 'Ireland is different from Northern Ireland' tatooed onto my brain.

Oh, I just read the first Percy Jackson! I liked it, but the Americanism in it did annoy me, quite honestly. I guess it´s just in my veins not to be very excited by America.
I´m waiting for the Percy Jackson boxset to be available from the UK Amazon before I get the rest of them, so I won´t be reading the spinoffs before then, either. The Red Pyramid isn´t related to PJ, is it? I suppose I could read that in the meantime.

Yup, that Adams. I love his books, too. ^_^

Anyway, to add onto myh list of British Author Prodigies are Neil Gaiman. On America´s side, they´ve got Daniel Handler. He counts for a lot, you know.

-Multiverse

Do read PJ, the series is very good! The red pyramid is like PJ but with egyption gods. Hereos of olympus is a spin off of PJ though.
And yeah, very americanised books but the author is american so give him some credit.
I see you too! XD

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 am

Just to clarify, there are different sections of America, here are the basics:

Mid-Western: The Bread Basket of America. This is the area where the states start to get a bit bigger and the houses more suburban. Expect your average family here, husband, wife, and two kids. WARNING: ALL homes like these have a dirty little secret, be cautious.

Western: This is where tourism thrives. People flock to this area hoping for either big bucks, entertainment, or fame. Expect a population of both laid back people and high class.

Louisiana: One of the two anomilies to the American People Map. This place seems to be consistently hit with natural disasters, and is also known for their seafood and bayous. Watch for gators.

Northeast: This is what I like to call the 'Crowded Elevator', where a bunch of people cram together in a small place. You can find just about anyone here, clowns, shady Chinese salespeople, Munchkins, illegal immigrants, you name it, they're here.

South East (minus Florida): This area is mainly filled with stubborn hicks, lots of them. You can literally find every predjudice known to man here, but they do make the best pork around, so you tend to come to a conflict of intrest. There is also the great Civil War sites that you can visit.

Florida: Florida is actually a Western state, just unfortunately placed.

Guess where I'm from!
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


hyunjoonglovie
Elf

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Dude, you just totally clarified US for me... THANK-YOU!!

Imma guess you're from Florida??? XD

Spoiler:

But you love me XD

Return to “The Offtopic Forum!”