♥♦♣♠CARDS♠♣♦♥

This is the place to go to talk absolutely rubbish, relax and make some friends!

Lallagwaffa?

Chundallazkwakashakaloom
14%
Acralisnocilocran
No votes
Diricopicouipicy
5%
Vacrinicominytrs
5%
Xanibianeri
18%
Bousinalionomeon
5%
Hiptilouncriaono
No votes
Aviophost
5%
bannakkaffallatta
18%
ioniloniostivisteriopivsiloozopkzatpa
32%

Total votes: 22

centaur_lover
Tunnel Blue Spider

Re: ♥♦♣♠CARDS♠♣♦♥

Postby centaur_lover » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:11 pm

oh, keeping with the title, does anyone have any good card games? i want a good one!

no solitaire please... :laughing:

"'It's CENTAUR. All caps.' (Artemis) Below the earth's crust, Foaly stored the compliment in the corner of him that stored treasured memories. He would take that out later and gloat over..."
-Artemis Fowl: The time paradox (pg 89)

"Jon Spiro might have "stuff" that the military didn't have, but Artemis Fowl had "stuff" that humans had never seen."
-Artemis Fowl: The eternity Code (pg 175)
[/b]

DaMan23
Gremlin

Postby DaMan23 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:41 pm

I DO!!! Its called BS (not BS as in bee es, but as in... you know what i mean) my mom was watching how to lose a guy in 10 days then i heard the word BS like a thousand times and decided what was goin on TV, so i saw the game and how it worked.... ask me and I'll tell you XD
It's truley amazing how I don't understand half the things I say o_O

"Now before we get into anything, ladies, no scratching, no spitting and no tattling to mummy."-Butler

"Honestly Linc, I don't know how it's come to this. And you can't keep blaming mom for dying and dad for leaving cause I was there too. The difference is I got out. Mom had life insurance, I took my half, put myself through school. What'd you do with your half Link?"-scoffield -- prison break

Where would you go if you only made left turnes?

Life isn't weird.... It's just the people in it

We could learn alot from crayons; some are sharp, some are dull, while other are pretty, some even have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

centaur_lover
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby centaur_lover » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 pm

that game is fun =D...me and my friends had some good times playing bs... does anyone have any other games? we also play a game called speed, which is rather fun, but a few months of those two games makes it eventually boring... we even created 3-way speed to try to help...

interested in speed? im right here. :laughing:

"'It's CENTAUR. All caps.' (Artemis) Below the earth's crust, Foaly stored the compliment in the corner of him that stored treasured memories. He would take that out later and gloat over..."

"Jon Spiro might have "stuff" that the military didn't have, but Artemis Fowl had "stuff" that humans had never seen."
[/b]

Axartsme
Armadillo King
Real First Name: Alexander

Postby Axartsme » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 pm

I've got a game. Boomo!

DaMan23
Gremlin

Postby DaMan23 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:10 pm

centaur_lover wrote:that game is fun =D...me and my friends had some good times playing bs... does anyone have any other games? we also play a game called speed, which is rather fun, but a few months of those two games makes it eventually boring... we even created 3-way speed to try to help...

interested in speed? im right here. :laughing:

I'm intrested, the name itself gives me a little butterfly feeling in my stomach, then again, just about everything's been giving me butterflies in my stomach lately do to my exams..... =/

Finally they're ending tomorrow... yayz XD
It's truley amazing how I don't understand half the things I say o_O

"Now before we get into anything, ladies, no scratching, no spitting and no tattling to mummy."-Butler

"Honestly Linc, I don't know how it's come to this. And you can't keep blaming mom for dying and dad for leaving cause I was there too. The difference is I got out. Mom had life insurance, I took my half, put myself through school. What'd you do with your half Link?"-scoffield -- prison break

Where would you go if you only made left turnes?

Life isn't weird.... It's just the people in it

We could learn alot from crayons; some are sharp, some are dull, while other are pretty, some even have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

centaur_lover
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby centaur_lover » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:46 am

Boomo? that sounds cool...

Speed
This is the normal game...made for two players

Start with a full Deck of Cards, Jokers excluded. Shuffle the Deck and deal out the 12 cards on the table into 4 piles, the first and last containing 5 cards, and the 2nd and third with one each... all cards are face down. Then split the remaining between the two players, each should get 20. Your ready to begin.

The players place their deck face down on the table, then draw 5 cards from the deck. They keep it secret from the other. Each player grabs the card in the two center piles and flips it over. Then they begin to play their cards on the two piles as fast as they can on either one they need. Their hand is only allowed 5 cards, but they may draw whenever they need when their hand has been depleated slightly or fully.

To play a card on the field, they must simply have a rank one higher or lower than the card on the table. the ranks are in standard order... A-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-J-Q-K-A... aces can be played on top of a 2 or king. Doubles, or placing the same card on its pair, as in a 9 on a 9 for example can be allowed as a custom game, as my friends sometimes do.

The first player to run out of cards in their deck and hand by placing them as fast as they can appropiately wins the game by declaring "speed"... warning, this game is not for the slow at hand...(also, on a side note, this game needs room, it shouldnt be played on small surfaces as the piles can become 'messy'

The extra 5 card piles on the side are for when neither player can play with their 5 card-hand. Each player takes the top card from the 5-pile and places it on one of the two piles... then play proceeds rapidly as before

{5} --onto the---> {play pile} {play pile} <---onto the-- {5}

How the starting position looks: brackets represent a pile of cards, the # represents how many.
---------------------------Player A {20}
center table------>-------{5}{1}{1}{5}
---------------------------Player B {20}

Note that extensive shuffling will be needed after since the cards should be in a more ordered order when finished.

if trouble understanding, please tell me!!!

[/b]

Axartsme
Armadillo King
Real First Name: Alexander

Postby Axartsme » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 am

Boom-O is a simple elimination card game from the makers of Uno. Each player gets 7 cards in hand and three time bomb cards in front of them. Most of the cards in the deck either increase or decrease the timer total. Other cards include familiar commands such as Skip, Reverse, Draw 1 (or 2) and Trade Hands. Player discard one card per turn trying to clear their hand while keeping the timer total under 60. If a player can't play a valid card, they must flip over one of their three time bombs. If a player clears their hand, all other players flip one of their time bombs. Whoever flips all three of their bombs is out of the game. Survivor wins.

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:19 pm

I like SPOONS or MAFIA!

Spoons. Get a full deck of cards, no jokers, and a few plastic spoons. One for each player -1, so If there are 6 players, you need 5 spoons. Now deal each player 4 cards. Pick someone to be the passer, and give them the deck. They will pick up a card, look at it, then pass it to the next player, who will do the same thing. If they want the card, however, they will put it in their hand and pick a different card from their hand to pass on to their neighbor. The first person to gt 4 Of a kind, picks up a spoon. Then everyone else tries to grab a spoon, and the person left without one gets an "S". When you get SPOONS, youre out of the game, and the last person standing wins. WARNING! This game can get very violant. Including Screaming, crying, pushing tables up against walls, throwing spoons (notice I said plastic and not metal?), and battling for a spoon. Play with caution.

MAFIA: This isnt really a card game as it is a strategy game. Best played with 6+ people. Deal everyone one card. MAke sure someone gets ONE QUEEN KING OR JACK. The King=Mafia, Queen=Investigator, and Jack=Doctor. The rest are civilians. The Mafia is trying to kill the Investigator, the Investigator is trying to arrest the Mafia, and the doctor is trying to save whoever the Mafia killed. Now the Narrator will tell everyone to "go to sleep" or put their heads down. Then he will say, "Mafia, wKe up" then "who do you want to kill" and then they will point to a person, then put their head back down. You do this with both the investigator (arrest), and the doctor (save). Then you tell if it was a peaceful night or not (did someone die?) and if the Mafia was arrested. If you are killed or arrested, you are out and a new round begins The game ends when the Investigator is killed or the Mafia is arrested, but the game can continue if the doctor goes out.
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 pm

I love Mafia!!!!!! only I play it with different rules...its awwwwsom!!!
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:18 am

About the poll- I just randomly voted, is it a code? (I didn't bother to check).

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Alice

Postby AliceFowl » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:14 pm

BANNAKAFFALATA! Okay, probably didn't spell that right. I felt so bad for him though. His sad little end...
Alice

Cosplayer. Shinigami. Some know me as the Shiki.

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:38 pm

I have no idea what those games are so I'm not going to bother voting. :P
AFFan.lollipop wrote:I like SPOONS or MAFIA!

Spoons. Get a full deck of cards, no jokers, and a few plastic spoons. One for each player -1, so If there are 6 players, you need 5 spoons. Now deal each player 4 cards. Pick someone to be the passer, and give them the deck. They will pick up a card, look at it, then pass it to the next player, who will do the same thing. If they want the card, however, they will put it in their hand and pick a different card from their hand to pass on to their neighbor. The first person to gt 4 Of a kind, picks up a spoon. Then everyone else tries to grab a spoon, and the person left without one gets an "S". When you get SPOONS, youre out of the game, and the last person standing wins. WARNING! This game can get very violant. Including Screaming, crying, pushing tables up against walls, throwing spoons (notice I said plastic and not metal?), and battling for a spoon. Play with caution.

MAFIA: This isnt really a card game as it is a strategy game. Best played with 6+ people. Deal everyone one card. MAke sure someone gets ONE QUEEN KING OR JACK. The King=Mafia, Queen=Investigator, and Jack=Doctor. The rest are civilians. The Mafia is trying to kill the Investigator, the Investigator is trying to arrest the Mafia, and the doctor is trying to save whoever the Mafia killed. Now the Narrator will tell everyone to "go to sleep" or put their heads down. Then he will say, "Mafia, wKe up" then "who do you want to kill" and then they will point to a person, then put their head back down. You do this with both the investigator (arrest), and the doctor (save). Then you tell if it was a peaceful night or not (did someone die?) and if the Mafia was arrested. If you are killed or arrested, you are out and a new round begins The game ends when the Investigator is killed or the Mafia is arrested, but the game can continue if the doctor goes out.

Oh my word, we used to play 'Spoons' at my Youth Group all the time. It is really hard, but so much fun. It is really funny to watch everyone grab for a spoon. :laughing: Good times

And I played Mafia at Worldview (a summer camp). I loved that game. We played with different rules, but it was a lot of fun. :> I can't wait to go back this summer!!!!!! :w00t:
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Merv Simestra wrote:I have no idea what those games are so I'm not going to bother voting. :P
AFFan.lollipop wrote:I like SPOONS or MAFIA!

Oh my word, we used to play 'Spoons' at my Youth Group all the time. It is really hard, but so much fun. It is really funny to watch everyone grab for a spoon. :laughing: Good times

And I played Mafia at Worldview (a summer camp). I loved that game. We played with different rules, but it was a lot of fun. :> I can't wait to go back this summer!!!!!! :w00t:

Yeah. Tables have been thrown across the room before at my camp when we played We used to use metal spoons until someone got a black eye from a flying spoon. And sometimes, my friends just grab all of the spoons at once and throw them in ten different directions. And then everyone sprints for a spoon and, like, tackle each other. It hilarious! :laughing:
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Alice

Postby AliceFowl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm

And whoever wins the game gets the spoon. Believe me, I have actually done that before.
Alice

Cosplayer. Shinigami. Some know me as the Shiki.

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Ooooh, I love Spoons and Mafia!
Alice, you should play Spoons (winner gets spoon version) using CHOCOLATE spoons, the kind that you get to stir in your hot chocolate or coffee! But they're good by themselves :D

Return to “The Offtopic Forum!”