RPG RULES: New Rule, #11

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady
RPG RULES: New Rule, #11

Postby sharkie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 pm

We have ten rules this time round. These will be enforced strictly.

1) Grammar and spelling must be of an acceptable level- if you choose to ignore a warning about spelling it will result in an automatic three day ban from the RPG forum

2) Each post must be five lines minimum
-You should write it as though you are writing a story. Describe the setting, the character, the emotions

3) No God Modding
-I.E: taking control of people’s characters. Anything as simple as “me and Cathy sat down” as opposed to “I offered Cathy a chair” can be counted as god modding, as long as you don’t give the creator a choice. This will be punished depending on the severity.

3) No double posting
-This is quite simple. If you need to make a change there is an EDIT button. Two strikes- you’re out for a three day RPG ban.

4) Five minute gap between each post
- MINIMUM. Simple, we don’t want spam. If you’re racing through all the RPGs posting, you clearly aren’t making an effort.

5) Must use Character sheet provided by the creator- When you join the RPG give a minimum of one line of details for each character. Go into depth so other RPGers can visualise who you are.

6) When creating an RPG, give as much detail as possible-Please provide: An outline of the plot, a sheet of characters needed, and a detailed introduction to the RP which allows for further plot to be developed. Minimum number of words in the introduction is 200.

7) For your RPG set up an OOC (out of character) thread in the sub forum-OOC posts should be put here so it doesn’t spam up the RPG

8) OOC posts must not be made in the game.

-If you have a question, post it in the OOC forum. You may make a small OOC comment if you follow it with an IC (in character) passage which adheres to the rules.

9) You may not kill off a character without permission from the character owner. -Once a character is dead, they cannot come back unless it is somehow involved in the plot.

10) If taking on the role of an existing character from Artemis Fowl, you must let the other RPGers know
- Also keep them in character. If your portrayal of them ruins the RPG, or you take it in the completely wrong direction, you will be asked to change character.

11) When joining a role-play, you must commit. - Too many role-plays don't work because people aren't prepared to check it every day or two and to post regularly. Only join if you know you will post regularly, without having to be asked to. If you are not commited and someone in your role-play complains against you then a) you can get struck out from that role-play b) if enough people complain and there is no valid excuse, you will face a ban from the role-play forum.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name:Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Hot_N_Spicy
Location:On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Re: RPG RULES: STRICTER SO READ THEM

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:17 pm

when starting a new rpg thread can you use the plot of anoth story?
because i think it would be great to do an AF/HP rpg based on the plotline of the family name.
[spoiler]At Sunday Mass four Catholic mothers were chatting amiably.
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"
[/spoiler]
OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

I think his expression shows he is thinking philosophical thoughts.
[spoiler]ITS OPTIGUY!
Image[/spoiler]

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:41 pm

As long as you describe the setting, the plot in detail (200 words min) then it should be fine. Try and be creative and really put effort into describing everything.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name:Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 pm

can we be more than one person?
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:34 pm

can we be more than one person?

From what I remember, and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, we are allowed to be more than one character. I think the same rules apply.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:44 pm

It would get confusing if you were more than one character, and it could lead to you controling the plot to much but there are no rules against it. Discuss it with the rest of the RPers first and make sure you differenciate between which character you're posting about.

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name:Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Griffar

Postby Griffar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:15 am

Say our RPG gets locked is there anything we can do to unlock them apart from restarting it.

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:26 pm

What RP was it? Why was it locked? If it didn't really start, the best thing would be to start it again after editing it so it fits with the rules. A fresh start and all, y'see?

bohemianneko
Dwarf
Real First Name:Bethany

Postby bohemianneko » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:54 am

A few little questions here, with the hope that I might soon be able to do this a bit:

[*]Apparently it is not against the rules to play an established AF character, but what exactly are the stipulations about doing this?

[*]If there is already a similar RP but one has a really important thing that he or she wants to explore in an RP is it all right to start very similar but not entirely redundant RPs?

[*]How does one go about finding out if people are interested in an RP idea and is it possible/allowable to pre-assign certain roles in an RP to specific users, especially if an RP involves actual AF characters?

[*]And finally, is it in some way against the rules to use specific segments (not full plots) of plot from fanfiction one is planning to write as premises for RPs and then to selectively use specific things from the RP in a fanfiction, as long as the other players are made aware of this fact and are given due credit if a line or specific thing is taken from him or her?

I just wanted to get these things clear before I do something stupid, so thanks! :)
"It would be like trying to trade a hairpin for Excalibur."

- Artemis Fowl II, The Time Paradox

I just really liked this line because of my shipping preference since it shows how much Artemis values Holly...

My First Short Story on Inklings!

Artemis Fowl: The Quantum Key
Roleplay
Characters Needed

ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:36 am

I'll answer your questions in reverse order, just to be different xD

Yes, the fanfiction thing should be fine, as long as they all know that their characters/plotlines are being used. You should also say in your ff at the top that these aren't your original ideas.

Well, mostly you just type up your plotline and circumstances etc. and post it, and then see who joins. If you're already a frequent role-player and you know the people then you could ask a few if they would like to join specifically. You should probably say in your role-play that it is invite only.

Well, you just really have to stick within the boundries of their character in the book. Try and play the same sort of personality etc. Obviously, by the end, they may have changed due to what they've been through in the role-play. I think that's about it really, but if you want more, I'd suggest looking around and seeing those who role-play with AF characters, and see what they have to say about tips.

Hope that helps (:

bohemianneko
Dwarf

Postby bohemianneko » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:40 am

Thanks for helping me out! I've still got this cold feet, first day of school feeling about actually RPing though. I'm shy...

Anyway, I thought of one more question:

I'm not planning on being obscene or naughty at all, but just for reference's sake I wanted to ask what the rules are on language and other questionable content such as violence, sex, etc. are?

I looked at the forum rules too and I didn't see this being specifically addressed.

I just really liked this line because of my shipping preference since it shows how much Artemis values Holly...

Roleplay
Characters Needed

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 am

Awh, if you're nervous, try joining another one first, to learn the ropes and stuff xD

Well, just keep it mild. Violence is fine, just not to the extremes - no extremely graphic or disgusting descriptions. Sex can be implied, but again, keep it mild. Language, well, just nothing too major again. Most swear words are censored on the forums anyway, so unless you want "floral-patterned bedsheet" all over your post, maybe use an AF swear word instead xD

bohemianneko
Dwarf

Postby bohemianneko » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks!! Sorry for being such a pest but you really have been a big help. I'm a bit of a goody two shoes anyway, except I do have a side of me that's... well, not, but one rarely sees that side of me but I wanted to know if that side had any purchase in this forum if I felt the inclination to show it.

And floral-patterned bed sheet?? This sounds like a joke I would enjoy understanding...

Roleplay
Characters Needed

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:12 pm

Ahaha, it's not a joke, more of the censor! Everytime you type "sh.it" on AFC (without the fullstop, obviously) it comes up as floral-patterned bedsheet. As f.uck comes as sterling silver butter knife, and there are a few others (: And no problem, anything to help!

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name:Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:30 pm

oooooh testy:

sterling silver butter knife
sterling silver butter knifing
sterling silver butter knifer
a$$ - no worky
floral-patterned bedsheet
cr@p
b!+ch - didn't work which is why I put in the symbols.

I can't think of any others... what are the other ones? out of curiousity.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”