YOUR role-play forum.

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina
YOUR role-play forum.

Postby Kitsy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Basically, this is your forum, where you write and you create stories and characters. If someone continuously ignores the rules, write one-line posts, creates role-plays without much of a plot, god-modes and takes control, well, that ruins your role-playing experience.

What we need you to do is keep an eye out on others, whether newbies or veteran AFCers who are ignoring the rules. Us mods can't be here all the time and right about now is the busiest time for most people, I know I have exams coming up and won't be able to "patrol" AFC that often anymore. So I'm asking you to help keep the forum running smoothly. If you see someone breaking the rules in your role-play, make an OOC post in bold telling them what they've done and how to improve. If they ignore it, then report them to a mod. If everyone looks to their own role-plays or new ones, then it's less work for all of us.

So that's the first part of this thread. If you guys could do that, it would be an amazing help. After all, you guys know what works best here and who's doing what.

Secondly, if you have any suggestions or comments or complains about the RP forum, here's the place where you can voice and discuss them. Tell us how you want it to change or improve and we'll do what we can.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Re: YOUR role-play forum.

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:44 pm

Just a suggestion about the god-moding aspect of the rules. What, exactly, is considered god-moding? Someone talking for your character is obviously god-moding. But what about making someone else's character give you a dirty look, or follow you somewhere? I just want this to be clarified because certain people are doing this and it really annoys me when they do.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Basically, whatever that character does that is not controlling their own character. If they follow you or look dirtily at you, that's not god-moding because they're controlling their own character. God-moding would be them forcing your character to do something; a small bit would be making them sit down, a large bit would be say in a fight scene, making your character be injured or something. Fight scenes are difficult and either you pre-arrange what's going to happen so god-moding can be allowed or you just suggest somethings happened.

If someones character is following you or doing something you find annoying (what is it?) then just tell them in the OOC thread.

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 pm

No, not having themselves shoot your character dirty looks. Having your character shoot their character dirty looks. Or something along those lines.

You mean, in a fight scene, we can't injure other people?

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name:Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:49 am

I think taht if there is indeed a fight sene that it should be pre-thought out in the OCC thread. In other words the 2 people that will be in the fight need to pre-determine how it will start and how it will end. Then 1 person will type up the whole fight sene so that theres no god modding or complications. I mean its kinda hard to type in 5 lines when your in a fight. I mean basically all you can say is "I threw a punch at her" You can't say if the other person blocked it, or if it hit zat person, or if the other person threw a counter attack. so I say the best way to do it is pre-determine it in the OCC thread and have 1 person type it up... but thats just an opinion.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

musicman1135
Pixie
Real First Name:Jackson

Postby musicman1135 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:18 pm

I agree wit BING here. That does work the best..... :lick: I know from recent RP's.
..........SONG LYRICS!
Hey Juliet...I think your fine...you really blow my mind....maybe someday we can run away....i just want you to know, I wanna be your romeo.-Hey Juliet by LMNT
I dont care....what you think....as long as its about me....the best of us can find happiness in misery.-I dont Care by Fall Out Boy.
I gotta feel ya in my bones again....I'm all over you...I'm not over you....I gotta tastse you one more time....I'm all over you...Im not over you.-All Over You by The spill Canvas.
Do you feel like a man...when you push her around....do you feel better now....as she falls to the ground.....-Face Down by the Red Jumpsuit.

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:27 pm

No, not having themselves shoot your character dirty looks. Having your character shoot their character dirty looks. Or something along those lines.

You mean, in a fight scene, we can't injure other people?

That is god-moding. Either tell them yourself to stop, or you can PM me the person and the example and I'll tell them myself.

That's the kind of thing I'm taking about - I can't read every post, all I can do is skim the page so we need you to tell us the details.

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:42 am

One more question. How long after someone starts a new RP can people join? Like, after the RP has already been going for three pages or so, can someone just post a character sheet and say they want to join? This is not always the case, but sometimes that can totally ruin the RP.

Bottom line: Is this allowed?

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:10 pm

If it's already gone for three pages or so, I would PM the creator or ask in the OOC thread. It's still possible to join, you'd just have to be updated on the story so far, the details, who the characters are etc. New characters coming in later can sometimes move the plot along or create a twist, so it's pretty good for the rp.

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering. :)

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name:Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Griffar

Postby Griffar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:33 am

It is good. because i think it was shiaw-bing that wanted to join our RP but there wasn't really any place he/she could slot in. Just today though i put a notice in the occ-High school telling him/her a way he/she could join.

Just one more thing. In the Old RPG's there was a section that was stickyed that was about puting your main character sheet in there so for people that wanted to start an RPG could look through those sheets and specifically ask those people.

Could we restart this. I thought it was a good idea but the RPG section got locked before i could do anything.

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Hm, but surely people would make different characters for different role-plays? Seeing as different stories would need different characters? Also, wouldn't people make characters to shape around the storyline, not the creator making a storyline to shape around characters they've picked to play in it? (If I'm making sense.)

I don't think so myself, but if enough people want it then we'll make one. I just don't really see the point xD

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:04 am

Well when you created the last one in the old RPGs lots of people put their faveourite character on like hollyshort_reconjock uses Misa a lot. Sorry for bringing you into this hollyshort_reconjock. And FoalysGirl uses Jessie a lot, as does Bookwormilovebooks as she uses Maggie.

So yeh lot's of people have the same character and change some details to fit the characters needed.

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:16 am

I think that if we had an RP character creation thread like last time, then the bios would have to be very general so we could shape our characters around the RP, as Holly put it. It might be a good idea though, and it would clearly define who everyone RPs as.

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 am

Yeh 'cos when your looking for people you go through the bio and put the people you want in the preveiw section.

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”