[RP] Artemis Fowl: The Quantum Key

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

bohemianneko
Dwarf
Real First Name: Bethany

[RP] Artemis Fowl: The Quantum Key

Postby bohemianneko » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:50 am

Following the events of The Time Paradox, the LEP are scrambling after the only thing that could possibly be worse than Haven's Public Enemy Number One: two of Haven's Public Enemy Number One. A series of events set off by Artemis Fowl's latest "mission" put the entire world at a precipice of peril because of the dangerous possibilities Opal now has within her grasp. Time itself could unravel whilst Opal tries to secure both her past and her future with disastrous results.

In the early days of these events, Holly Short and the rest of the LEP are trying desperately to avoid calling on Artemis Fowl for help for many different reasons, but the fact that he is integral to many of the events Opal's very presence in the future are unraveling makes contacting him inevitable. Back home, Artemis is dealing with a mother who reluctantly has to accept that her son is far too involved to be held back from involvement and who is struggling to catch up in her son's life.

When Artemis's involvement in the situation is secured (through RP) then Holly and Artemis must, for better or for worse, plunge off in hectic pursuit of a mysterious and ancient relic Qwan makes them aware of that could be the only way to set the time stream back in balance before it is too late...

Off-Topic Discussion, Questions and Concerns here:
OOC Thread Quick link

Roleplayer Preferred Requirements:

[*] Having read all of the books in their entirety
[*] Using correct grammar and spelling as the forum requires but with absolutely no netspeak in roleplaying unless it is to illustrate a poorly written email or text message
[*] Because of some of the things I plan to do in the RP, it is probably good if you are at least "okay with" Artemis/Holly as a ship.*
[*] Bear in mind that while anything is open for OOC discussion with me that this RP has an end goal in mind, so nothing that could prevent the characters from eventually reaching some version of the desired plot resolution will not work
[*] I realize that this post is long, but please READ the entire thing before you sign up. I really, really want enough people to sign up to do this, but this is also my first time starting an RP anywhere and I really want it to work out well for everyone.

Character I wish to play: Holly Short*

Characters Needed:*

~ Artemis Fowl II
Qwan
Commander Trouble Kelp
No1
Angeline Fowl
Butler
Foaly

Minerva Paradizo

Opal Koboi
Opal Koboi (Younger/From the Past)

Other user-created characters will be needed, but I have not made these characters up as that would take all of the fun out of it for everyone else. Here are some basic guidelines about the kinds of original characters that might be useful:

"Good Guys"
Characters of any species, human or fairy, that can aid Artemis and Holly (and co.?) with their quest as they travel far and wide in search of "the Key".

"Bad Guys"

By the onset of this RP, in my mind Opal is already gaining ground much too quickly with her evil plans to take over the world and what-not, so she's bound to have some accomplices and minions. I would imagine that both highly attractive male and female companions might be of some use or amusement to her, while muscle would also be quite agreeable to her for her devices.

Some recurrences of other established AF characters (perhaps a Commander Root, anyone?) might be needful and useful because of the time-travel-related nature of this RP. These should be minor in nature, as some of the other roles might be, so if need be someone else who's playing a more major role can also do this.

Preliminary OC max: 5

The above stipulation is to try to make sure that I don't end up with a ridiculous amount of OCs because no one wanted to take up the responsibility of portraying the real AF characters. This number can and will go up if it ever becomes necessary and it doesn't count toward one or two line plot device characters that may become necessary to progress the plot.

Current OCs:

Kevin Griffin Strand

* The reason that it is important that you at least be "okay" with Artemis/Holly is that I am going to be playing Holly and, in spite of the fact of the fact that some people love it and some people hate it, I am among those who kind of find that my Artemis Fowl fandom experience feels a bit incomplete without it. I haven't made any major decisions on the extent to which I want it to go, but I do at the very least expect there to be some underlying tension because of the kiss and their subsequent fight. I am more than willing to discuss the possible extent of Artemis and Holly's interaction on this level with whatever brave soul chooses to dare to take up the part of Artemis Fowl II and expect that such preliminary OOC interaction will be necessary. Character emotional interaction and development in general is important to me even outside this particular relationship.

* I just wanted to point out the fact that I want to play Holly is not some kind of egotism on my part. I really hope that people understand that I really do have a desire to play through this plot. It was with careful consideration that I decided I wanted to be Holly and only after several people assured me that I at least knew how to get into Holly's mindset was it that I really believed that I could possibly do it in a way that would do justice to my fellow RPers.

* Color Coding

I color-coded the character-needed list so I could point out which characters are needed immediately and which characters might come in handy, etc.

This color means that the characters are needed pretty much yesterday and the sooner I get a suitable fit the better.

This color means that the characters are likely needed but may be played by other people who are blue characters if they wish and will not play such a major role that the RP cannot be started before they are placed.

This strange little color I assigned to Minerva because I do have a specific plot use for her, but if someone wants to play another original character that may fit the bill for the sort of assistance she would provide in the story, then he or she is my guest to point out the fact that Minerva may not be "needed" after all since I realize feelings about her are ambivalent (including my own).

This symbol: ~ before a name means that the position is filled. The name will also become a hyperlink to the user's profile for each character filled.

You made it through that long preamble. Congratulations!

If you made it through that, read it, and don't hate me then I am very relieved.

If you made it through that, read it, don't hate me, and are interested in participating then I am overjoyed!

Only one more thing you need to do...

If you have any questions PM or Email or IM me...

Otherwise, just fill out the following character sheet for me. I will be crossing names off the characters-needed list as I get replies.

You must fill out a character sheet in its entirety even if you are playing an established character so that I and the other roleplayers can get a feel for how you are approaching a character that we have either never met or know and love. If you are playing an actual AF character, please put any specific things you think about him or her that might diverge from the norm (in part to point out if there's going to be an unfortunate clash with what's needed for this RP but mostly for fun).

Character Name:

Species:
Home region/town:
Languages known*:
Special skills:
Magic? (Bold One): Yes/No
Good Guy or Bad Guy or Ambivalent:
Known friends:
Known foes:
Objective:
Special Notes/Comments:
OOC best way to contact player:

Character Background/Description:

*You don't actually have to know all the languages your character knows, just don't be ridiculous unless your character has the gift of tongues, in which case you can just say that.

I will be filling this character sheet out tomorrow for Holly should I get a reasonable response, but for now I have been working on this for an hour and a half and it is nearly 5 AM where I live and I have not slept and am therefore entirely to dedicated to this "art" and am thoroughly going to pay for messing up my schedule this badly...

Note about the name: I was trying to figure out something to call the object my story concerns and I looked up "time" in the thesaurus and I saw the phrase "the Quantum Key" or something like that in a Google ad along the side of the thesaurus website. I really have no idea what said object was or even if it was an object, but after looking up the definition of quantum I was satisfied with the name and it sounded sufficiently Artemis Fowl-esque.
Last edited by bohemianneko on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Re: [RP] Artemis Fowl: The Quantum Key

Postby Griffar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:25 am

Well, I'm in for Artemis II. Does anyone object?? *Looks around* *sees no hands* well then that is who i am.

Alright my Artemis Chracter Sheet.
Character Name: Artemis Fowl II
Species:Human/Fairy
Home region/town:Dublin, Ireland
Languages known*:English, Russian, Manderin
Special skills:Arogance, Genious
Magic? (Bold One): Yes/NoHe thinks he doesn't but it is still there in my opinion, so later in the RP i will get him to discover it.
Good Guy or Bad Guy or Ambivalent:Good now
Known friends:Holly, Root, Trouble, Minerva, Butler, Juliet, Mulch, Foaly
Known foes:Opal, Dr Damon Kronski
Objective:To make friends?
Special Notes/Comments:I am going to make him a little softer now, as he has been around children and he has more to worry about with his family.
OOC best way to contact player: PM or OCC thread. If there isn't one there already I will form it for everyone.

Character Background/Description:I'm sure everyone knows his backround.

I am also going to have my own character and speak him in first person. I will put horizontal lines between him and Artemis.

Name: Kevin Griffin Strand
Nickname: Griffar
Species: Elf/Human (hides this, but doesn't show it)
Hair: Brown With blond streaks (usually spiked)
Eyes: Green and sometimes appear to glow
Items: iPod, Pocket Knife, Concealed flick knife, Lighter, Gold wrist band
Clothes: Low-rider jeans, T-shirt, LA baseball hat with flat brim.
Weapons: Katanas strapped to back. Neutrino 2000
Skills: Combat, Marksman ship, Flying, Handstands.
Personality: Kevin is a fun loving creature, Does anything for a friend and even more for family, Jokes around a lot, Can use his magic to manipulate fire, Pyromaniac but not a fire bug. Can fight and is very strong for an elf and is probably stronger than many humans.
Contact Me OCC:Same as with Artemis. And seeing as i like the colour coding idea, can you do Artemis in Red, and Kevin in Green. That will work for me so if you could do that it would be swell.

Hope that is enough and look forward to getting it started. Now to that OCC...

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

bohemianneko
Dwarf
Real First Name: Bethany

Postby bohemianneko » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:00 pm

As I promised, this is my Holly character sheet. Thank you Griffar for your quick response to this! I only hope that we can find enough people to get started with this right away.

Holly Character Sheet

Character Name:
Holly Short
Species: Elf
Home region/town: Haven City, the Lower Elements
Languages known*: Gnommish, The Gift of Tongues
Special skills: Shuttle piloting, marksmanship, healing, the mesmer
Magic? (Bold One): Yes/No
Good Guy or Bad Guy or Ambivalent: Good
Known friends: Artemis Fowl, Butler, Foaly, Trouble Kelp
Known foes: Opal Koboi
Objective: To stop Opal's latest plot to take over the world which could result in the destruction of it.
Special Notes/Comments: In this RP, Holly has been through a lot, both because of the events of TTP and because of what she's been through since in trying to catch Opal. She is having some serious misgivings about her life, both because of some rather strange and mysterious repercussions of the time stream being in a negative state of flux and one Artemis Fowl II.
OOC best way to contact player: Since I'm running whatever comes of this here are a handful of ways to contact me in descending order of efficiency:
PM
AIM: DameRoseofTARDIS
Email: bethanyadkins1991@gmail.com

Character Background/Description: (Obviously familiarity with Holly's past is par for the course) Holly is vehemently resisting the necessity of calling upon Artemis once again for help. She is still having trouble coming to terms with whether or not she has fully forgiven him or if she can trust him. In the meantime, Opal's most recent plot has left Holly and the rest of the LEP with little sleep as they try desperately to maintain the Lower Elements, which is descending steadily into chaos whilst trying to capture Opal and set history aright.
"It would be like trying to trade a hairpin for Excalibur."

- Artemis Fowl II, The Time Paradox

I just really liked this line because of my shipping preference since it shows how much Artemis values Holly...

My First Short Story on Inklings!

Artemis Fowl: The Quantum Key
Roleplay
Characters Needed

ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:30 pm

Unfinished - Will edit later. My router is pretty stuffed at the moment, and I've only found three websites that will load for me (these forums and two other small forums) so I can't use wiki to remind me of things that I've obviously forgotten.

If Griffar ever drops out, I'll nab Artemis ;-] I'll apply for Minerva too, later when my connection is fixed.

Character Name: Opal Koboi
Species: Pixie
Home region/town:
Languages known*: The gift of tongues
Special skills: Mesmer,
Magic?: Yes/No
Good Guy or Bad Guy or Ambivalent: 'Bad Guy'
Known friends:
Known foes: Artemis Fowl, Holly short, LEP
Objective: Worl Domination, revenge
Special Notes/Comments:
OOC best way to contact player:
PM
OOC Thread

Character Background/Description:
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf
Real First Name: Erika

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:03 am

Holy SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to be Opal!
:crying2: God hates me! I is gonna kill me self.

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:38 am

Please, Mrs Opal Fowl. If you write something, make it meaningful. If you would really like to join this RP then find a character you also like or create your own. If you could please do this it would be very helpful and won't cause clutter. If you do join edit the post and put a character sheet underneath.

Thanks.

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf
Real First Name: Erika

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 am

Helpful? Why would I wanna be helpful? Besides, the character I wanna play is already taken. And I don't like making OC's because they mess up the story.

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:12 am

Again, please don't post unless it is to do with the thread. And there is an OCC thread were you can post all your questions about the story without cluttering the actual RP, please use it.

Anyway.
I have decided, to colour code my messages, for this RP. If this is a problem, then you know, tel me.
Orange-Notice
Blue-Social
Red-Urgent (naturally)
Green-Question
I'm not fussy on how the colurs look i.e different tones, but just as long as they look like the colour.
If possible could you put the colour in the subject heading.
And yes i got this idea from the books.[/color]

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:43 am

I think the green is really innapropraite - if you ask me a question in it it will be ignored. I like my eyesight how it is o_o No offence meant =]

Seen as thing seem to be getting all... organized-like, can I request that, in the roleplay, all dialog be bolded? What would be GREAT would be if every character could have a colour assigned? (although I understand if that's too much...) For example:

"Not necessarily. He lived a long time ago, and you must know how poor our Ministry has been at keeping track of dates. Besides, there are plenty of Witches and Wizards who don't attend school, or get Wizarding jobs. They're not included in the census, are they? To us they are just seen as Muggles or Squibs. I'm sure there are plenty of Witches and Wizards out there who have no idea that there are others like them." She didn't meet Chace's eyes as she said the last sentence, and she would never admit to him that she could easily have been one of those Witches.

Chace smirked, twirling his wand. "You seem to know a lot about Muggles and Squibs," he replied softly, although he wasn't going to pressure her. What was the point of taunting a fellow Slytherin, after all?

Natalie returned her eyes to Chace. She was a good two meters up in the air, and decided that she quite liked being at this height, looking down on him.

"Indeed. One can't fight an enemy that they don't understand." She smiled, curious to hear his response.

(shortened for obvious reasons. Excerpts (3) borrowed from http://www.HogwartsNewZealand.com)

I just think it helps, especially when posts start to get long. If you need to include spoken word from other characters in your own post, you can type it in the other character's colour to save confusion.

If you think that just makes it more confusing though, feel free to ignore it =]

PS ~ Mrs Opal, if you can talk Griffar into letting me play Artemis, then Opal is all yours XD
Last edited by Winter on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
(A/H fanfic)

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:45 am

I geusse we will have to discuss that with everyone in the OCC thread once all the characters are accumulated.

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 am

Bugger. I thought this was the OoC thread D= Can I delete my own posts?
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
(A/H fanfic)

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 am

No. But you can flag it and a mod will come delete it, just Edit it so they see you want it deleted and they probably will, and then you can copy you original message to the OCC thread.

Axartsme
Armadillo King
Real First Name: Alexander

Postby Axartsme » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:36 pm

This is kind of part of this, I haven't read the last one but can I still join?

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:30 am

Just a quick reminder, please do out of character discussion in the OOC thread, mkay? Otherwise, good job on setting up the RPG. :)
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 am

I thought it was okay, to talk like this while we set up the RPG, and then once we have set everything up and we start this show then we had to restrict big OCC post to the OCC thread. And Axartsme, you can join for sure. We nedd everyone we can get.

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”