~The Hyacinth Protocol~

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

~The Hyacinth Protocol~

Postby Chitiliti » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:00 am

DAY ONE

Syd Swallowtail stared boredly at her computer terminal, tapping her fingers against the mouse as she waited for the files to load. She hated this part of her day. Come in, check on her computer stuff and then ship out for traffic duty. Her helmet sat on the desk, awaiting use. Her uniform was zipped up to her chin. The only thing out of order in her immaculate cubicle was her hair. She didn't bother grooming in only to squish it flat when she put her helmet on.

Everything seemed in order on the computer screen. Everyone was where they should be. Nothing new with the inmates and her one message was a simple reminder to not use computer terminals for personal use. She rolled her eyes. As if she had any personal business to attend to. Her life was work. She rarely talked to her family anymore. Her parents, her sister. She just... didn't want to. An outdated framed picture sat on her desk. Her mother, father, sister and herself. Seated before the great fireplace in their house, dress to the nines. Even Syd was in a lacy, frilly dress and crinoline although she looked dull next to her sister. She frowned at the photo.

She grabbed her helmet and exited her cubicle.

There were plenty of LEP officers milling around. Syd almost wished one of them would come talk to her, just to break the monotony.

~

Merry Swallowtail started her day late. She untangled herself from the downy white bedspread and rolled out of bed. Humming, she slipped on a silk robe over her skimpy pajamas and literally danced down the hall. She carried her favorite teddy bear, Mr. Snugglums, in her arm. She ran into her father in the foyer.

"Good morning, Daddy," she said, sweetly kissing her father on the cheek. Her father patted her on the bed. "Good morning, my princess."

Perhaps Merry was a bit too old for this sort of treatment, but her parents and the hired help didn't seem to noticed Merry was no longer a child. Merry took breakfast in the dining room. Toast with marmalade, hot tea and one fried egg. After breakfast, she went back to her room to dress.

Her room was already tidied, the bed made. Teddy bears sat on shelves, in nets attached to the ceiling, on the bed, in chairs. Teddy bears everywhere. Merry sat Mr. Snugglums down on the vanity and dressed in her usual outfit. She sat at the vanity and chatted with Mr. Snugglums as she applied her make-up.

"Oh, Mr. Snugglums. I wish you could come with me today. But I'm afraid I'm going to see my new friends and you can't come along," she said, genuinely upset. She patted her cheek with a large puff ball. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She thought, I'm so happy Syd is the ugly one. I'm naturally perfect. Poor Syd, all those years with a mouthful of braces. Too bad she can't be beautiful like me.

Dressed and made-up, Merry grabbed her purse and shrugged on her coat. She said good-bye to her teddy bears, her parents, her maid. And she walked out the front door and off to the secret meeting place to talk with the other H.A.A. members.

She would never tell her family about the H.A.A. Never. Especially not Syd. Her parents had questioned her request to walk alone into the Haven city center, but Merry put on her pouty face and no more questions were asked.

Back on the vanity, Merry's face was no longer reflected in Mr. Snugglums' black button eyes.
Last edited by Chitiliti on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Re: ~The Hyacinth Protocol~

Postby FoalysGirl » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:08 am

The alarm rang on the bedside table and a body turned, arching a slender hand on the 'off' button. The elf groaned and pulled her blankets up to her chin and smiled widely. She slowly opened one of her eyes, staring at the time on the clock. Gasping, Jessie rushed out of bed, her blankets piling on the floor and ran to the bathroom for a quick shower. Her feet thudded on the wooden floor. Once in the bathroom, her hands skillfully glided over the knobs for the shower. Hot water poured over her slender, naked body. That's what she always liked about living in Haven, the water was always hot. But, Jessie didn't have time for a long shower today. She slipped out and wrapped a towel around herself and quickly changed into usual grey pants, white blouse and labcoat. As she entered the hall, she was still slipping on a pair of socks. She had no time to eat breakfast, or to gel her hair. She slipped her boots on, grabbed her shoulder bag and left in a hurry. As she rushed to the bus stop her cell vibrated. She, of course, answered.

"Hello," she said cheerfully. "This is Jessie."

"Hey Jess, knowing you, you're probably late and rushing off to work," a familiar voice replied. It was her friend Mika. "I need to ask you a favor."

"Shoot," she continued as she held the opening of her bag with her mouth and searched for bus pass. "You know I would do anything for you."

"Well, my weapon is at the oops. booth. I need you to pick it up and put it aside for me, since I won't be coming in till this afternoon."

"Sure, sure." Jessie stepped onto the bus. "I have to go. See you later." She hung up and then took a seat at the back of the bus.

The bus ride felt especially long that morning since she was stuck in between a dwarf who hadn't seen a shower and an elf teen who wouldn't stop poking at a pimple. She guessed that the teen had run out of magic and had forgotten to do the ritual. She was grateful when her stop was called and rung for the bus to stop. She jumped out right as the doors opened and she rushed inside, her bag flying behind her. Several senior officers had to jump out of the way and shake their fists. They mummbled something but Juno had no time to hear their complaints.

As she rushed down the hall she rammed into a familiar face, Syd. "Oh, so sorry Officer." Even though she knew Syd as an acquaintance she kept to formalities at work. "I'll...watch my back next time." She pushed her glasses up her face. "Going somewhere?" She asked looking down at the helmet. "And with that helmet? Personally I would try and get the upgrade."

---------------------------------------------

Sam had woken up before his alarm and as it rang he smacked his hand on it, turning it off. He pulled his hand through his hair before leaving it on his neck. Closing his eyes, he rubbed it and got to his feet. He went through his day in his mind as he walked to the bathroom; he had a lot of things to do. But he enjoyed his work with the H.A.A. He turned on the water for a bath and walked to the kitchen. Making himself toast he ate it in only a few bites and returned for a quick bath. Wrapping a towel around his waist, he returned to his room, water trailing behind him. Once dry he strapped his softnose to his calf, before slipping the rest of his clothes on. Light shone through his curtains as he pulled his hair into a low pony-tail. He slipped his shoes on and walked out the door. He dialed a single number on his cell and placed it up to his ear.

"I'm on my way sir," was all he said before hanging up. He passed the daughter of his landlady and gave her a wink.

"Have a nice day at work," she said with a cheerful smile.

"I'm sure my day will be oodles of fun," he replied sarcastically. He knew that his job was hard and that everything about it he had to keep secret. He exited and took his bike to work, the wind blowing through his hair.

He decided to take the long way to work, seeing that he was early. As he drove ideas buzzed in his head with new inventions to help with the cause. He smiled as he came to a stop at a light. Soon the light changed back to green and he zoomed off. Once at work he stored his bike in the garage and swiped his hand towel. At the back of the garage was a large truck in serious need of repair. He wondered how the engine blew. But whatever the reason he needed to fix it. He raised the lid again and got back to his work.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

chinara
Dwarf
Location: In the back of your mind, corrupting your sense of right and wrong

Postby chinara » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Hot water was poured into a teapot, and the smell of nettles reached Evan's nose. He coughed faintly and stepped away a little, leaning against the fridge. Oh, how he did not like that smell. Nettle tea surely wasn't his favorite drink and normally he would avoid it as much as possible.
His fingers slowly slid over his throat as another cough escaped his mouth. However, to hide the fact that he was running fairly low on magic and therefore suffering of a slight cold, he would have to force that tea down. His gaze rested on the teapot for a moment. Then he poured some tea into his cup and inhaled the steam, grimacing when he took the first sip. It would take a long time for him to finish. Then again, he had a lot of time for it. His work was starting late today, around eight. And since his moonometer showed him that he had more than an hour until he had to leave, he would take it slowly. After all, his moonometer was always right.
His free hand reached for the remote-control and switched on the television. The nasal voice of a gnome sounded through the room and was accompanied by a smile shinier than a freshly polished badge. “Good morning Haven City! Accurately right on quarter to eight, Haven City News brings you Hot Topics every morning!”
Or not.
“D’Arvit!” Evan cursed, coughing instantly. Putting the cup aside, he ran into his bedroom and changed his clothes. Then he dashed towards the entrance door, only to stop once more. “… Ah! The tea.”
He hurried back into the kitchen and lifted the cup, forcing the tea down his throat in one go. A bad decision indeed - not only did it burn him inside, but also provoked his magic to heal him immediately. “… Wonderful. All efforts to none.” A growl escaped him as he hasted out of his apartment.

“Evan Lue, reporting for duty.”
The elf was panting heavily and leaning onto the desk of the secretary. It was not quite evident if he was standing or lying on the table; however, the secretary, a female gnome with a peculiar pair of glasses, did not care.
“Late you are.”
“I know.”
“For the first time in ten years.”
“I know. Thank you.”
Evan glared at the secretary. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”
“Maybe.”
The gnome smirked and turned her attention back to the computer. “Anyway, I’ve registered you. You can leave now, can’t you?”
Evan switched on the reflector of his helmet and rolled with his eyes, heading over to his computer. “First check the missions, then head out.” He muttered to himself, going through his messages.

Kefko rustled through his hair, watching his reflection in the mirror. As always he was wearing a sleek smile and had combed his hair backwards. His head was a tad smaller than the one of a normal pixie - however, Kefko didn’t mind. It was much easier to be the superior if you didn’t look like a child, after all. His gaze went on and stopped at his clothing. The necktie was bound properly as his suit was put on neatly.
“My, don’t you look great.” One of his hands rested in the pocket of his trousers as the other lowered the other one. A slight frown appeared over his eyes. “But the necktie…” His eyes narrowed as he leant towards the mirror, placing some of his fingers on the cravat. “It doesn’t fit.” With a swift movement he tore it off and arranged his collar to a rather casual look. “There. Much better.”
He turned around and threw the necktie onto his bed. Normally he would have not done that. Normally he would be heading to Haven Bank and take care of his duties as CEO again. However, today was not a normal day.
He left his apartment and enjoyed the holograms inside the elevator. This was one of his favorite parts of his apartment: The ride with the elevator was like a brief glance at the surface, pure unspoiled - and most importantly, without humans. It was the world as it had been for so long until these despicable humans had taken it over.
For a moment, his smile turned into a hateful grimace. His fingers reached out for the projection of the rustling trees before it vanished and revealed the exit to him. Kefko remained immobile for a second, still seeing the hologram in his mind. Then, he slowly pulled his hand back and curled up his fingers to a fist.
One day. One day the People would repay these humans for everything they had done.
After this moment of reflection Kefko left the elevator and found himself inside the parking lot. There, his chauffeur was already waiting. With a sleek smile he approached him and entered the vehicle. Soon after they were on their way, driving past several buildings. The financier turned on the reflection of the windows and leant into the seat, stroking slowly over the matter. It was only a matter of time until they would arrive…
Something outside the car attracted his attention. It was a small figurine with a purse and a coat. Her face was a lovely as it could be - but Kefko knew that there was more than met the eye with her. He ordered his chauffeur to get close to her, then he let one of the windows slide down and leant forward.
“Why, hello there, Miss.” He said, smiling invitingly. “Can I offer you a ride to the H.A.A.?”
Art, Banner and Icon by me

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

"Because no one would believe his ranting about the
PaRaNOrMaL but the PaRaNOrMaL itself."
- Invader ZIM fanfic, RILZIT

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Merry held a slim finger up to her mouth and smirked. "Shh... you aren't supposed to say anything, remember?"

But she walked around the back of the car and opened the door and slid in. She made herself comfortable, obviously accustomed to such treatment. No stiff "thank you" or awkward silences. Merry figured she was meant to be given rides by handsome, rich young pixies. Even if they were on their way to a secret human-hating group meeting.

She retrieved a small mirror and tube of lipstick. She touched up her lips and then smiled sweetly at Kefko.

~

Syd waved Jessie off. "Don't worry about it."
And then she looked at her helmet. Syd liked her helmet. And frankly, given her position at LEPTraffic, she had no real use for a fancy new model helmet. Rubbing the scratched surface of the helmet fondly, she declined Jessie's offer with a shake of her head.

"I was just on my way to check in for traffic duty. Yourself?"

Syd...wasn't exactly sure what Jessie's job around here was. She'd seen the elf around, yes, but she wasn't entirely sure why.

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 pm

"Charming as always, aren't we, Merry?" Kefko asked, smirking faintly. He leant back and sighed. "You must excuse my mistake from earlier on. It has just been so long since our last meeting. I could barely restrain myself from holding one on my own." He chuckled lowly as his gaze wandered from the pixie to the environment.
"It is such a shame that we have to live under such disgusting conditions, don't you agree?" His fingers tipped idly against his cheek as he rested his chin on his palm. "After all, we were meant not to hide beneath, but to live freely above."

--

Too many messages. Too many.
Evan's head was spinning of them as he realized that the least were actual missions but spam mails and private messages some of the other officers sent him. He would have to have a talk with the technician in charge about this.

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 pm

"If you say so," Jessie replied with a shrug of her shoulders. The sleeve from her coat began to slide off and she tugged it back on. She gave a smile. "Well, good luck out there Officer." She casually walked down the hall, pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose.

Her stomach growled loudly. She hoped that no one would notice around the office. Turning the corner she ran into another familiar face, Foaly. He looked at her and placed his fists angrily on his hips. "Jessie! We have the entire LEP counting on us to make sure that they're safe, and you're lollygaging. Get your butt in here!" He snapped.

Without any hesitation she rushed past Foaly and into the Oops. Booth. Tripping over one of the many cords she fell loudly into her chair. "Sorry, I'm late sir." She straightened herself up and turned to work.

----------------------------------------------

Sam liked working alone, he was able to think. But he knew soon that his other co-workers would be coming in, throwing his peace into utter chaos. He stood up over the engine and rubbed his hands clean. Walking over to the drivers seat he turned the key, which was already in. He heard the engine sputter and cough. Still nothing.

"Great," he whispered to himself and returned to the engine. "This is the last time I'm letting anyone, but me, drive my vehicles." He did a bit more tweaking of the engine.

He wiped a bit of swear from his brow, smudging oil across his forehead.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:54 pm

After speaking with Jessie, Syd headed to the locker room to get her traffic gear. The text bar was now removable, compatible with any standard issue LEP uniform. Syd kept hers in her locker along with her tool belt and wrist computer. The lockers looked like the usual metal kind, only with a keypad instead of a padlock. She typed in the code to her locker, which she had memorized and could do without looking. The label bearing her last name was peeling off. She gathered her things. On went the text bar, which was secured onto her chest by a tight harness. She clipped the computer onto her wrist and pulled the belt around her waist. She waited to put her helmet on until after she had checked out at the front desk and made her way through the automatic sliding doors. She lowered the visor and walked away from Police Plaza to her post.

~

Kefko was right. Merry very much disliked living underground. Too much dirt, too much slime. She hated dwarves and goblins, too, but not as much as she hated humans who had forced her to live underground with dwarves and goblins. A wonderful vision flitted through her brain. She would've liked to send a dwarf above ground just to watch him burn to a crisp.

Merry giggled, thinking of all sorts of terrible, violent things she could do to her least favorite fairies. She saved the best for last: Her sister. Sabotage her LEPMarine examination, strip her of all honor and glory and then watch her drown in the ocean she was supposed to be protecting. Lovely, glorious, wonderful!

"You're right, of course, Mr. Salieri. It's so...damp underground. I would like to see what sunlight is like. Real sunlight, not this artificial nonsense. Won't the People ever realize?"

TheMaskedOttsel
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Gwen

Postby TheMaskedOttsel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:15 am

"Having trouble with your messages, Evan?" Jesper asked as he spotted the elf at the terminal. "I see you came in a little bit later than normal. Something wrong with your alarm clock?" He was wearing his uniform and his Neutrino 3000 in it's shoulder holster - he had been heading out the door when he had stopped to watch Evan. "The spam from anyone you know? he continued as he observed the elf's overfilled inbox from over his shoulder.

---------

No... no, it wasn't this way... Charsi thought to herself as she looked down another street, hands on hips. Could've given me better directions, seeing as this is the H.A.A. and all...
Her ears perked as a car backfired somewhere nearby. She turned around as the spluttering of some engine or another continued, and spotted a garage. Maybe I can ask for directions, she thought to herself, but then shook her head. How does one ask directions to a secret organization, I wonder?

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Sam raised himself from the engine and tried it again. With another splutter it started. He smiled and cracked his knuckles, now it was time to just let it run. He wiped his hands on his cloth again and stepped out of the garage. At a distance he noticed someone standing a few meters away from himself. He kept his cool. "Hey!" He called. "You seem lost, maybe I could help." He hesitantly pressed his hand against his pants, prepared for fire if needed.

With his other hand he slipped it casually into his pocket and stopped just before reaching the woman. He gave another one of his dashing smiles at her. "So? Can I help?"

----------------------------------------

Jessie groaned, Foaly had stuck her with watching surveillance. A punishment of sorts for her lateness she supposed. The technicians around her were focused on other work, like fixing equipment and monitoring the LEP jumpsuits--making sure that officers were safe. Much more interesting than what she was doing. She placed her cheek on her hand and pouted.

She heard footsteps come up behind her and a cup being placed at her side. She looked over, surprised. One of her co-workers had brought her coffee, he was probably sorry for her. But she couldn't refuse. "Thank you," she said.

"Eh, co-workers stick out for each other." He punched her arm lightly and walked away. She returned to surveillance. She was slightly confused as to what she was watching for. What would happen at the highest security building below ground? She rolled her eyes.
"Brian,"
"What?"

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm

The officer kept typing something, not turning around when answering.
"Oh, I'm sure you know quite a bit about the spam mails I received today, considering that you were the one who sent me the most. Oh and the fact you know about my alarm clock makes me wonder if you tinkered with my moonometer as well. Although, I can't say that you had an opportunity for that." His fingers hit the v-board harder than necessary, his fingers going through the green projection. "Then again, I trust you are capable of quite some stuff - tinkering with my moonometer included." His finger hit the enter button as he turned around.
"Say, looking at your gear I guess you were on the move to a mission?" His gaze turned heavy-lidded. "Don't tell me you wanted spend some time with me?"

---

"The People are blind, they've always been. They don't see what is necessary." Kefko's fingers idly followed the markings on his seat, sighing faintly. "We can't hide here forever - one day, the humans will try to dig deeper into the earth, and eventually they will find us." He closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath.
"I was once on the surface, some decades ago. It was beautiful, really. The sun, the wind... It felt wonderful. But the smell of pollution, it was already there. I can barely imagine how terrible the air smells by now."
Last edited by chinara on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Kefko's words made her shiver. In fear, in excitement. Suddenly, Merry couldn't wait to get to the meeting. "How much longer until we're there?" she asked, impatiently. She sounded just like a child in the backseat of a car, on a long car ride to Disney World. She pressed her hands together in front of her.

~

Syd patrolled her area of Haven boredly. Since the goblin uprisings had been taken care of, there wasn't much to do besides the occasional illegal parking, flying sprites, and if she was lucky... a street fight. She'd heard rumors of illegal racing, but they were just rumors and the LEP had yet to find anything. Syd sighed, remembering her adolescent years when she was the one taking part in street fights, racing and...

She turned around and oh, happy day... there was a little gnome kid with a can of actual human spray paint, painting a design on the side of one of Haven's fanciest restaurant. Silently, Syd walked over, crossed the street, and tapped the gnome kid on the shoulder. When he turned around, he screamed and dropped the paint.

Behind the visor, Syd smiled.

"Kid, you're gonna have to come with me to Police Plaza. We're going to call your parents and see how this mess you've made is going to get cleaned up."

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

"I believe we are not too far away from it. Right, Beck?" He called out for the chauffeur who nodded slowly. Then, after some moments, Kefko leant forward and pushed another button - the front was now seperated from them by another reflector.
"He doesn't know what the H.A.A. truly is."
The pixie lay his hands into his lap and tapped slightly against his knees. "If you don't mind, we will have to walk a little as well. Although Beck shares my view of humans, he surely is not suitable to join us - and I don't want to take the risk that he spreads the word about us." He paused. "Yet."

- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Merry nodded sympathetically. "Of course its all right, my dear. I planned on walking all the way there anyway, until you picked me up."

Now, she looked suspiciously at the separation between them at the driver. She narrowed her eyes, catching her own reflection. When she saw how ugly she looked with a grimace like that, her face softened back into a coy smile.

"What do you think we'll be discussing at today's meeting, Mr. Salieri? Something wonderful I hope."

~

Syd lead the gnome kid to Police Plaza. She didn't handcuff him of course, and he came peacefully. The paint was confiscated, and the held it in one gloved hand, leading the kid in by the other. She walked up to the desk, explained the situation to the officer there and then sat the boy down in a chair. She wasn't in charge of the rest of the proceedings. Another officer came to sit with him and Syd was on her way. Not her problem.

She still had the can of paint. This is evidence obviously. The juvenile court will probably want it. Interesting indeed, human spray paint. Maybe I should take it to the Ops booth first and have it examined. Suspicious.

So thats what she did. With the paint in hand, Syd made her way to the Ops booth.

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 pm

"I'm glad to hear that." Kefko replied with his sleek smile, folding his hands in his lap.Then he watched the elf for for a moment, raising an eyebrow over her actions. Sometimes, when he observed her silently, he felt a sense of danger in him. Not that Merry appeared dangerous, but whenever something like that happened, he felt like there was more than met the eye with her.
A beautiful viper indeed.
"Well..." He continued. "I think today we will discuss a matter to reveal a little of us and our goals. Mostly we will talk about a protest that is to take place soon." A devious smile replaced the sleek one. "Very soon."

- Kraz Noirame

TheMaskedOttsel
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Gwen

Postby TheMaskedOttsel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Charsi paused for a moment in thought after the man had spoken. "Eyh, yes maybe you could help...?" Again, she paused. I wonder if I should ask... if he's just a civilian, he wouldn't know about the H.A.A., right? But what's the chance that he does know?
"Do you know where the H.A.A. is meeting today? she asked, sounding casual, as if it were just another club someone her age might join. "I'm a new member and nobody gave me any directions." She had her hand on her knife behind her back, watching the man carefully.

----------------------------------

"I had nothing to do with your moonometer - it was just a casual observation, considering this is the first time you've been late in... ten years? Jesper shrugged. "And yes, I was on my way to a mission. And I was wondering if you would come with me, if you had no missions of your own. It's only a short patrol."

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”