~The Hyacinth Protocol~

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Re: ~The Hyacinth Protocol~

Postby Chitiliti » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Merry stopped on her way to the door and turned to face Charsi. "Yes, what is it? There isn't anything to be worried about, if that's what it is. I'll take good care of you." She smiled sweetly at Charsi, but it didn't quite reach her eyes.
~
Syd composed herself before rapping on the Ops Booth door. "Jessie, its Syd, open up."
In the minute or so she was waiting, her mind slipped towards other things. Did this spray paint have anything to do with the H.A.A.? And then, she found herself thinking of completely unrelated things. Like how she should go visit her parents soon. She would rather go see them rather than have them show up at her front door. With Merry in tow, which would only add to the stress of the situation. Syd worried about her sister. There was just something off about her. She was a grown elf, after all, still acting like a child most of the time. Syd ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. Maybe this mission would take her mind off everything. She hoped it WASN'T connected to H.A.A. It would be nice to run a mission that wasn't. Even if it was, she was still only LEPTraffic. She would be ordered to look around on the streets, bring in and question anyone suspicious and then the case would be handed over to one of the higher ups.

Ugh. She was so ready to test for LEPMarine.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:55 am

Sam rolled his eyes and quickly went round to get the car. He slipped into the drivers seat and within no time he had pulled round front. No sound was made from the cars engine. He smiled and mentally patted himself on the back. He sat back comfortably in the seat.

--------------------------

Jessie came to the door and rubbed her sore eyes. She had been staring at the screen for who knew how long. She looked up at Syd. "What is it? Want to know something about the can?" She asked as she stepped back into the oops. booth. "Nothing except it was made in a factory that was just shut down. Why? Do you think it has anything to do with any terrorist group?" She asked again, taking a seat in her chair.

Jessie sat back and crossed her arms. "Tell me anything that will possibly give us a heads up technology wise. Maybe it could narrow down my search," she suggested.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Syd blinked. "Uh well...some kid was out on the street, vandalizing a wall with that stuff. I brought him back here, maybe you should go interrogate him? And I thought I was coming back here to be equipped... is there something wrong? And no, I don't really think it has anything to do with terrorists, this isn't their style. I came here to well... like I said, I thought you told me to come back to be equipped."

Inside her head, Syd heaved a heavy sigh and rolled her eyes. The elf sitting in front of her was obviously the forgetful type. And Syd didn't have the time or patience for this.
Outwardly, she maintained a calm business-like expression.

TheMaskedOttsel
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Gwen

Postby TheMaskedOttsel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Jesper nodded and approached the gnome at tthe window, rapping the glass with his knuckle when the gnome did not, at first, notice his prescence.
"Yes?" the gnome asked dryly without looking up.
"We need to use one of the vehicles," Jesper said, indicating the lot behind him. "Prefferably one of the... nicer ones?"
"Wouldn't we all." The gnome rolled his eyes, never taking his gaze from the stack of paperwork."Name and rank?"
"Jesper Malichite and Evan Lue; both LEP officers." Jesper bit his lip; he could tell this was going to take a while.
------------------------------
Charsi smiled back. "Of course."

chinara
Dwarf
Location: In the back of your mind, corrupting your sense of right and wrong

Postby chinara » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 pm

"Hm... Let me see..." The gnome hit the keys of the v-board with such enthusiasm that Evan already feared that he would fall asleep from it. "J... A... S... P... E... R... No. Nothing for you. You got to stay on foot, I suppose." He already turned back to his papers, but Evan cleared his throat to catch his attention again.
"Excuse me, you mispelled his name. Of course he wouldn't have any vehicle assigned to him then."
The gnome fell silent and simply stared at the elf, blinking surprisedly. Then, to check himself, he reentered the name, only to find that there was indeed a vehicle assigned for him. Turning red in his face, the gnome hastily handed over the keys of the vehicle without another word and occupying himself with his work.
"Well. There we go." Evan looked at the number on the key and walked towards the vehicle.

--

Kefko accompanied the two females to the plaza. It was not a far walk, luckily, and he could already see Beck waiting beside the car.
Art, Banner and Icon by me

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

"Because no one would believe his ranting about the
PaRaNOrMaL but the PaRaNOrMaL itself."
- Invader ZIM fanfic, RILZIT

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:28 pm

After the short ride home, Merry took Charsi by the arm and led her into the Swallowtail Home. The house was small by human standards, but a mansion by fairy ones. After hugging her mother and kissing her father on the cheek when they met her at the door, Merry led her new "friend" (at least that's what she told her parents) upstairs to her bedroom to get on with the Charsi's transformation from street-person to princess. Merry walked to the closet and began rummaging.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:53 pm

"Well, if that's the case then I can set you up." She hoisted herself up from the seat and tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Hmmm...well I guess you could take a neutrino. It's an old one, since all the others are currently being used." Jessie tossed the weapon to Syd and then continued the search.

She then pulled out a pair of wings and a helmet. "Both of these are hooked up into our central computers. We'll be able to watch your heartrate, breathing rate and temperature. Neat things these are, but personally I wouldn't want to put one on. Reminds me too much of the FBI and the CIA." She gave a smile and tapped Syd on the shoulder. "Please let me know of anything you find and I'll do the same."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sam sighed as he sat back in his car seat. He took out his phone and dialed Merry. He didn't want to wait all day for the girls to do their make-over. The sooner they got this riot going the sooner they could reek havok on the Mud Men. He listened to the rings of his phone.

He turned the radio on low and placed both his feet on the dashboard.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Merry's communicator buzzed in her coat pocket, thrown across the bed, and filled the ridiculously pink bedroom with the sounds of a polyphonic rendition of a fairy pop song. Merry squealed happily, threw an armful of clothes towards Charsi. She threw herself across the bed, dug through her pocket and picked up her phone. She flipped it open.

"Hello, Mr. Mandrake."

~

Syd motioned to the helmet stowed under her arm. "I already have a helmet, thank you."
But she took the other equipment. "I'll need you to approve the permissions to use the wings on the street."
She strapped on the wings and popped the Neutrino into her hip holster. She turned on her heel and walked out, trusting the elf knew what she was doing.

There was a reason she liked this helmet. It was slightly modified to support a music player. She put the helmet on once again as she marched towards the exit of Police Plaza and turned up the volume.

[Given Up-Linkin Park]
Last edited by Chitiliti on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 pm

"Yo, you girls finished with your makeover cause, I would like to get a move on with this mission," he slouched in his seat. He placed a hand on his forehead and closed his eyes gently. Sam could just see the excitement on Merry's face.

----------------------------------------

"Yeah, right. I approve of the wings in the street. If you get in trouble then blame it on me." Jessie returned to her seat and brought up Syd's life-lines. "'Kay Syd, your being monitored. Good luck." She pushed to another monitor and began her search on the spray can again.

The screen blinked and a window popped up. It seemed she had a hit on the can. "Syd, I have a hit. It seems that some mysterious group bought the paint a few days ago near Tara. Go check it out to see if there's any more."
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:34 pm

"Oh, we haven't even started yet, love," Merry said with a laugh. "Don't worry so much, you'll get wrinkles. We have plenty of time before the... event...

She spoke quietly, wary her mother, father or the "help" would hear her. "By the way, there is something I failed to bring up with you and the rest of the group. I'll tell you first since I'm already on the line. Even though I'm giving Charsi.... dear, go ahead and put that on... there's a good girl... now, what was I saying? Oh yes. It's probably very very unwise of us to show our faces to the public. We don't want the LEP to know who we are, do we? No, of course not. Once they know our faces, they know our identity and..."

She trailed off, wondering if she should mention the face her dear ugly baby sister was an LEP officer.

"Well, I think we should come up with some kind of disguise. Perhaps just a mask or some thing like t hat would suffice for now, but don't you think it would be in our best interest to conceal our identities? Tell me what you think of that, Mr. Mandrake, and then if you would kindly pass it on to Mr. Salieri?"

--
Syd's music automatically softened when Jessie came in over her helmet communications.

She ground her teeth. "Evergreen, how long have you been working for the LEP? I'm a Traffic officer, maybe you should direct your instruction to a senior officer before you get me fired for abandoning my post. I'm not authorized to go on missions like that. I patrol this particular stretch of street."

If she hadn't been wearing a helmet with the visor down, she would' have rubbed the bridge of her nose like she did when she was losing patience. Frond she couldn't wait to test for Marine.

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:16 pm

While Charsi and Merry had been left at the elf's home, Kefko had returned to his home and taken a seat on the couch in the living room. Loosening up his tie, he let out a deep sigh as his gaze trailed over the furniture. He liked it to keep it in a rather modern style, not rustical like many other fairies did - in fact, this was one of the few things the humans had done well. Human interior design was something he could accept.
A smirk appeared on his lips. Hm, maybe he should keep one of them just to be his personal designer, but only maybe.

His gaze stopped at his reflection on the window glass. Without being arrogant, he could say that he did not look too shabby. Slightly untypical for a pixie, his head was relatively small as his cheeks were not as childlike as with others of his kind. In fact, he looked a bit older than he actually was. In human years, he would be at the beginning of his thirties, he believed - but, as someone who did not like to occupy with such trifling matters, he was not certain about it.

His hand played with the necktie as he kept watching his reflection, his thoughts going astray. The moment of the protest, perhaps a riot... It was coming near. The first step to free the People. The first step to destroy the humans.

A chuckle escaped him. Oh, how he couldn't await it anymore. The excitement tingled in his spine as his mind went further, deeper into all the possible scenarios to eliminate the humans. Maybe it would be appropriate to force some of the humans to living beneath the surface, as a compensation for all these centuries the People had to endure because of them. Oh yes... The sheer power of imagination. Kefko could nearly drown himself in his vision. Hopefully... Hopefully it would come that far.

But, as it was, the H.A.A. was still so undeveloped. They were only about to do the first step, no, the first attempt to crawl. It would take time to have connections and contacts into every sector important to their goal - and for that, their protest had to become a success. As for himself, he had done everything that there was for him to do. He only had to wait for Miss Merry's call.

A sudden thought struck him as his gaze inspected the reflection of his face again. Could he appear on the streets just like this? As he had told himself, he was anything but typical for his kind. It would be easy to recognize him, should an overly eager officer remember him. But what to do?
A disguise. Of course. Kefko raised from the couch and walked towards his wardrobe. He would have to dress himself differently, change his appearance. The dressing would be the easier part, as he had Beck to help him with obtaining the clothes, but... what should he do about his face and his hair?

His fingers hit something hard in the back of his wardrobe; an old present from a long past party. As he opened it, his eyes widened in surprise and delight - it was hair dye, one of the obnoxiously bleached blonde kind. Now he remembered why he had stowed it away as he had never imagined to find use for it. Too good that he had kept it still.

Holding the hair dye tighter, he took out his cellphone and dialled Beck's number.
"Beck? I need to ask you for yet another favor." Slowly the pixie slipped out of his suit, freeing the area around his neck. "Could you please get me some clothes? Some of the... casual kind. Yes, not quite typical but not too obnoxious if you would. Yes, as soon as possible. Thank you." The pixie ended the call and placed his cellphone on the small commode beside the bathroom, smirking faintly as he prepared the hair dye.
It was time to disguise himself.

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Years Ago

"Sydney....SYDNEY!"
There was a dull pain in the side of Syd's face, from where Merry had grabbed her headphones and let them snap back down onto her ear. Agitated, Syd tore the headphones off her ears. The music still played at full volume, every word audible despite being played through headphones.

"Mother would't be pleased if she found out you were listening to human music with curse words in it."
"Oh, shut up Merry. You aren't that much older than me. Stop acting like that."

Merry just smiled, her cheeks dimpling. It made Syd sick to look at her sister. She was so perfect and Syd...wasn't. "What are you doing in my room anyway?" Syd asked. She paused the music.
"It's time to get ready for the party."
"Party? ...oh. I forgot about that."

The annual Swallowtail solstice party. It was a formal affair and the Swallowtail parents expected their two daughters to be dressed to the nines. Gowns, gloves, slippers. Not a hair out of place or a single mascara clump. Syd squirmed on her bedspread. Merry had crossed to her wardrobe and was going through it. To the untrained eye, it would seem Merry was simply trying to help her baby sister. Such was not the case. Syd knew it was only another opportunity to mock her.

Merry withdrew a gown from the wardrobe. All of Syd's every day clothes were folded in a chest of drawers, the wardrobe was for formals. The gown was astonishingly pretty. A deep royal blue with black lace accents. Very expensive. The elder Swallowtail sister laid it out on the bed next to Syd.

"Try this one. It should make you look slimmer."
Shot one. Right through the heart. Syd chewed on her lip. Wordlessly, Syd gathered the dress up and walked to the dressing area to put it on.

She shut the door behind her softly and turned. She caught a glimpse of her self in the full length mirror hanging on the wall. The harsh light made every flaw of her skin stand out in harsh contrast. She smiled (or at least tried to), her teeth covered in metal braces in order to straighten them out. Syd didn't think they had been that crooked to begin with. She undressed and took another look. She was only a little pudgy around the middle. She'd lost weight now that she was older ad a little taller. Her hair was messy. Had it seen a hairbrush today? She couldn't remember.It was long and wildly curly, tumbling down her shoulders nearly to her waist. She hated it and wanted to cut it all off but her mother forbade it saying "Ladies should have long hair."

Fed up an sick of herself, she turned her back to the mirror and put on the dress. She applied her make-up, brushed her hair and didn't look in the mirror unless it was necessary. It wasn't. She had been applying her own make up for so log now she did't need a mirror. She turned and left the room without giving another glance at the full length mirror. She exited the dressing room and was met by her mother and older sister, who were both in gowns as well.

"Oh, Sydney, you hair... you weren't planning on wearing it like that were you?"
"What...what's wrong with it?"
Mrs. Swallowtail sighed. "It's just so plain. Merry, fetch me the pearl comb, please."
Merry returned with the com and Mrs. Swallowtail swept her youngest daughter's hair into it.
"There. I suppose that will do. Now, girls, go downstairs and greet the guests. Sydney... don't open your mouth too much. The braces..."

"Yes ma'am."

TheMaskedOttsel
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Gwen

Postby TheMaskedOttsel » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 am

Charsi had chosen, from the pile of clothes that Merry had thrown her way when she had answered her phone, a pink dress shirt and a bright red pleated skirt. She wasn't sure that Merry was paying attention at the moment, being in the middle of her phone conversation. "Er, Miss Merry? Are you sure about this?" She was standing in front of a floor-length mirror that was positioned beside her closet; examining her reflection she didn't like how the colors interacted.
---------------------
Jesper smirked as Evan walked by, moving into step with him as they neared the vehicle. "Good job, taking control of that situation."

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:09 am

Merry took a double take. "Oh heavens above... Sam, call me back when you talk to Kefko."
She dropped the communicator down on the bed and rushed to Charsi's side. She took a short look at the pixie and said "Let's get rid of the skirt. Don't want you too look like you're fresh out of St. Truffle's School and mixed your uniform shirt with those sexy red panties." Merry winked at Charsi. She rummaged through a pile of clothes and picked up a gray pencil skirt and black stockings. "How about this?"

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:04 pm

"Well, the least I could do." Evan stretched his limbs before he opened the car door. "The sooner we are done, the sooner we can quit being corporals and take the exam for being Recon." He turned his head to Jesper. "Where do you have to go? The plaza? The town square?"

--

While Merry was still arranging Charsi's clothes, her phone rang once more. It was Kefko, who had just completed half of his makeover and had a question for the elf. Since Beck hadn't returned yet, the pixie had placed himself on his bed and leant against the wall.

- Kraz Noirame

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”