~The Hyacinth Protocol~

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Re: ~The Hyacinth Protocol~

Postby FoalysGirl » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:46 pm

"Fine, I'll be waiting at the garage." Sam hung up and got out of his car. He was sweating from the heat, so he entered the garage again and stripped off his shirt. He grabbed a cloth from his table and wiped himself off. He found a somewhat clean shirt at the back and pulled it over him again. He didn't look great, but it would do. He then called Kefko. Listening once again to the ringing.

------------------------------
"Sorry Syd." Jessie stopped the fed and decided to check up on two other officers. "Evan, Jesper, how you doing?" She asked, placing her head in her hands. She yawned, once again bored. She had found out everything she could on the paint can. Her eyes scanned casually across the screens. "Report you two, please," she said again.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

chinara
Dwarf
Location: In the back of your mind, corrupting your sense of right and wrong

Postby chinara » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

The pixie frowned as he heard the unpleasant sound of an interfering call coming from the phone. Quickly he looked at the dialler and groaned lowly as he read the name. Sam Mandrake. Of course. Always interfering in the most appropriate moments. Pressing the "Deny"-button, he did not only ignore the elf's call, but had also blocked him for the next couple of minutes. Now... Where had he stopped? Oh yes, he hoped that Miss Merry would pick up his call. Were they already prepared, he wondered?
Art, Banner and Icon by me

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

"Because no one would believe his ranting about the
PaRaNOrMaL but the PaRaNOrMaL itself."
- Invader ZIM fanfic, RILZIT

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Merry's communicator seemed to be ringing off the hook today. If fairy communicator's had hooks. She abandoned Charsi behind the changing screen and dashed over to pick it up. She flicked open the tiny unit. "Ah, Mr. Salieri. I was just talking about you on the other line with Sam Mandrake. I told him to call you, but... while you are on the line, we might as well talk. What did you call for?"

--

Back on the boulevard, Syd sighed behind her visor and the music returned to its previous volume.It was just one of those days it seemed. She was beginning to get a very bad feeling. Something was coming. Something big, and bad and scary. Something that she didn't want to deal with.

Some days, on this job, she just wanted to go home and sleep. She'd seen and heard too much. Even though Traffic was a pretty low-level job, even though the People were usually a peace-loving people, it still didn't stop certain things from filtering through. She'd seen one too many abandoned kids, picked up one too many fairies cracked out on human drugs, broken up one too many fights. They didn't tell you about that part of Traffic. To civilians, it was just a glorified crossing guard. But it was her job to patrol this stretch of street and make sure it was safe and clean and peaceful. And sometimes that meant dealing with stuff.

She glanced at the time display on his visor. Just a few more hours.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:23 pm

"Of course the line is busy," he growled, hanging up the phone. Sam heard footsteps come up the drive. Pushing his phone back into his pocket he turned with a dashing smile. A young teen was pushing his motorcycle, a mud mad invention, to his shop. He stifled his complaints. He had to act as normal as possible. He would get his revenge by messing the bike up.

"How may I help you?" He asked.

The teen stopped and rubbed his arm casually. "My bikes been having problems with the engine these last few days. Was wondering if you could take a look at it."

"Yeah, no worries. It'll take some time but I can get take a look at it," he replied. Maybe mess it up a bit and charge you more than most mechanics would. That'll teach you to use a replica of a mud man vehicle. He thought to himself. "Come back tomorrow. You can pay me then."

"Thanks man," the teen shook his hand warmly before leaving.

Sam got to work quickly. At least this would satisfy his mind for a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jessie puckered her lips. Of course no one would answer. She pushed back from her desk. The door opened again. "Yes?" She asked, kind of irritated now.

Her friend stepped through the door. "Sorry Jess if I'm bothering you. I'm here to pick up my helmet."

"Right..." Jessie got to her feet and crossed the room. A row of helmets sat neatly in a row. She picked hers up and handed it back. "Should be working fine now. If there are any more problems, please don't hesitate to come back."
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Years Ago

It wasn't that Syd was shy, she was just scared. Scared to open her mouth, scared to move lest she somehow dishonor her family. She stood against the wall as the solstice party went on around her. The sound of chit-chat, clanging glasses and soft classical music was deafening to her. From across the room, her sister's eyes met hers with a kind of warning glance. Syd shied away from the look, sending her eyes to the ground.

Next to her, somebody cleared their throat. Slowly, Syd looked up.
"Aspen. What are you doing here?"
Aspen, a tall elf male with a dangerous look in his eye, laughed.
"Crashing the party of the year, what does it look like?"

Nervously, Syd looked around. "Now, I mean... how did you get in?"
Again, Aspen laughed. "I have my ways. Now, are you going to thank me for rescuing you or are you just going to stand there looking like an idiot?"

Syd crossed her arms over her chest, a gesture deemed "manly" by her parents. But she couldn't help cracking a smile. "Thanks, Aspen Want some punch or something?"
The dark haired elf took Syd's arm. 'I'd love some. You look great by the way."
Syd blushed. "Thanks. And who would've known it, you clean up pretty well, too."
She was used to seeing him in torn jeans and tight tee shirts. And yet here he stood in a suit with his hair combed, looking like he belonged there. And he thought she looked good?

Suddenly the party didn't seem so bad, not with him around.

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Evan had been to surprised to pick up the call, not only that he hadn't been prepared for a call, but also because it had been Jesper's communicator that had been contacted. The elf frowned slightly, eyeing the other officer. He was awfully apathic today, not to say mentally absent.

--

"The reason for my call? Oh, it is nothing. I was just wondering how far you two were with your preparations. It has been some time already, perhaps... Two hours? It's not much longer until afternoon." The pixie chuckled lowly. "Then again, one shouldn't expect such charming ladies to hurry up, no?"
He lay back, loosening up the tension in his back.

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:13 am

"Oh, we're getting there," assured Merry with a smile. "Which is what I was what I was meaning to talk to you about. You see, I already expressed my concern about being recognized to Mr. Mandrake. Certainly if the LEP sees our faces, they'll know who to come after. Well..."

She spoke quietly, not wanting Charsi to hear. "Maybe not in Miss Charsi or Mr. Mandrake's cases but you and I ,well... we are quite notable figures in Haven society. We would easily be discovered and we can't let that happen. And so, I propose we utilize disguises."

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Sam took a seat at his work table, pieces of the bikes engine lay across the surface. He had to admit it was a good piece of machinery. It was sad to have to sabotage it. But it had to be done. It was his job. Before starting, he cracked his knuckles; then got down to work.

As he worked, his hand went naturally to the radio and turned it on. He had found a channel with soft rock. He preferred not to listen to the news while he worked. After he reached for a wrench, taking out several pieces of the engine. This was too easy; like taking candy from a baby.
"Brian,"
"What?"

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Silence, then low chuckling followed.
"Well, you know, Miss Swallowtail..." Kefko loosened his shoulders. "I have had this striking thought as well, which is why I have already taken some necessary steps. Currently I am waiting for Beck to arrive with my new clothes and the stylist." He laughed lowly. "The outcome of it will be shocking."
The pixie stood up and stretched his back, walking towards the kitchen. "Speaking of shocking, what clothes have you chosen for Miss Charsi?"

- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 pm

"A stylist. How fancy," laughed Merry. "We're still trying to figure out Miss Charsi's outfit, but you should trust my taste. No one will even recognize her. However, about myself... I have a plan. I'll see you at the protest, Mr. Salieri... if you even recognize us after I'm done. Goodbye."

She terminated the call. If Kefko had anything else he wanted to say, he cold call her back. She had work to do after all. No time to chit-chat. The elf called to Charsi and said "I'll be back in a moment, dear"

And with that she skipped out of the room and across the hall to her baby sister's old bed room.
It was exactly the same as when Syd moved out. Merry walked past the shattered full-length mirror, the four-poster canopy bed and over to the chest of drawers where her sister's old clothes were. She opened the dresser and grimaced. Ugh. All neutral tones, denim and wool. She gingerly picked up a pair of dark blue denim jeans, a black tank top and a hideous, heavy striped wool sweater. She changed right there in the room. Her sisters clothes were a little too big for her, although the jeans were a bit too short. She donned a pair of her Syd's old boots from the Academy and glanced into the broken mirror.

Wearing her clothes, the family resemblance seemed to jump out. Same dark skin, black hair, same gray eyes. Merry narrowed her eyes at the reflection and stormed out. No- she was more beautiful than her sister. When she got back to her own bedroom, Merry set to rummaging through her closet again.

"Ah, I know its in here somewhere," she murmured. "Here it is!"
She withdrew a mask in the form of a cartoon chipmunk face. She had gotten it as a joke gift from a cousin but manners dictated she didn't throw it out. Instead she had buried it at the bottom of her closet.
She removed the ribbon from her hair, pulled the long black tresses into a high ponytail and slipped the mask over her face. She looked at herself in the mirror.

Utterly unrecognizable. Perfect.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Fri May 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Jessie took a sip from her coffee mug again and found that it was empty. She sighed and pushed her chair back from the desk, walking away from the monitors. It wasn't like anything was happening anyways. Surprisingly it was slow. The other technicians seemed to be just as bored as she was. She poured herself a cup of the dark liquid. Then pouring cream into it and watching it become a rich brown. She passed the sugar, Jessie hated sugar in her coffee. She preferred bitter because it kept her awake during the day. She took a seat again in her chair and crossed her legs.

Jessie looked back at the spray can. Maybe she should send someone to catch the thugs who used it. It would be something to do. She checked who was on duty. Only one, her friend. She pressed the mic and leaned forward.

"Sorry for bothering you, but could you supposedly catch a few thugs for me. Nothing exciting, just a few kids caught with stolen Mud Men stuff," she said in a monotone.

"Sure thing Jess. I'll keep in touch. Good luck with your day." The line soon cut out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Sam had finished the engine and placed it in the bike again. He had rearranged it so that when the kid reached the peeking speed for his bike the engine would get destroyed instantly. He would lose the costumer yes but it would be worth it. He rubbed his greasy hands on one of his rags and he tossed it onto the counter. His stomach growled. He should get something to eat.

Sam walked to a nearby diner and grabbed one of their already made sandwiches. The girl at the counter giggled as he walked to the cashier. He smiled at her and winked. "How much?" He asked.

"$3.00," she replied.
Sam paid quickly and left. He checked his cell again, no calls. What was taking them so long?
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Wed May 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Years Ago

Fairies love whiskey. For elves in particular, it is their favorite alcohol.
Syd found herself on the terrace, sitting on the wall drinking directly from the bottle while the party raged inside. Aspen lay on the ground at her feet, laughing at Syd's antics. She was trying to drink and simultaneously stay balanced on the wall. She still wore her ball gown even though her hair was out of place and her make up was running.

"Oh man, your mom is gonna kill us," Aspen laughed. Syd swayed.
"Yeah, well, I could totally take her in a fight. You know I could," she slurred. Another drink from the bottle and she let herself fall backwards off the wall. It wasn't a long fall down and it didn't really hurt. She lay on her back in the grass. There weren't any stars to look at, being underground so she just stared out into blackness, her whiskey soaking into the ground. She still held the bottle. Laughing again, Aspen jumped over the wall and joined Syd on the ground. Syd turned over and put her cheek on his knee.

"This is nice. I like this. We should crash more parties," she said.

Aspen just laughed again. He was a drunk as she was.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu May 20, 2010 5:48 pm

The boy returned to pick up his bike. Sam was paid and watched the kid start his bike. He followed him down the driveway and then watched him head down the road. He knew that his motor would bust once he hit a certain speed and no one would be able to fix his bike. Sam patted himself mentally on the back before returning inside.

"I, am a genius," he thought outloud before taking a seat to finish his meal. He placed his elbows on the table, remembering just how he got the job.

Years ago

Sam had finally had it with his family and left. His family were mechanics and always tinkered with mud men inventions. It sickened him, seeing that he hated anything to do with mud men. They had taken the land that was rightfully The Peoples.

The reason why he left was because he had an argument about a recent mud man toy his "father" picked up. He decided to go to the shop he worked for part time, his only sanctuary. Once there, he took a seat at his workbench. He was just started out but he was one of the best at the garage.

Sam twirled a wrench in his hand, before hearing someone enter the shop. He turned. "Yes?" He asked in a monotone. A tall figure, who's face was masked.

"Hello Sam. We've heard a lot about you. We have a proposition for you," he replied.

After that conversation he had started working professionally, and was happy ever since.
"Brian,"
"What?"

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Thu May 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Kefko was still sitting on his bed, now idly watching the ground. He did not like his current appearance - blond, ruffled and messy hair, fake earpiercing and a fake mouth piercing that connect with one of his earrings through a thin chain; he had even put on some... Eyeliner as he remembered to have seen on several male adolescents. Even though he himself wasn't too far away from that age in fairy years, he could not empathize with these people and their sense for style.
His finger trailed down his cheek, smearing the black lines a little. Hm. Perhaps he should put in eye lenses, or he should get some kind of different disguise. ... Then again, this make-up artist he had requested had given him so much make up that it would have to be a wonder if anyone associated him with Kefko Salieri at all.
His fingertip followed the chain along his jaw, before he stood up and walked towards the mirror. His appearance baffled him. Really, that didn't look like him at all! Especially in these clothes. ... But that was the reason for this masquerade, after all.
The door bell rang, the pixie looked up and watched the display on which he could see the visitor. As soon as he was sure that it was Beck, Kefko pushed the button and let his servant in.
"Ah, back. I'm glad that you've made it. Do you have what I have requested?" As the other nodded, the pixie was satisfied. "Well then, lend me a hand with putting on these... What --" Kefko had taken a part of the clothing into his hand and stared at it. "... Are you sure that this is actual clothing and not rags? Because this seems awfully... exhibitionistic."
"Just modern clothing, sir."
"... Fine."
Kefko groaned and massaged the bridge of his nose. "Let's just get over with this."

- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Later. At the City Center.

Syd was still out on patrol when she noticed a small gathering of people. Usually it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary but when she looked closer, her instinct started going crazy. One of them was wearing crazy facial piercings, one of them was wearing a chipmunk mask. The other looked somewhat normal, if a little rough around the edges.

"That's strange..." she said to herself.

--

"Where's Charsi? Have either of you seen Charsi?" Merry asked nervously. She hovered next to Kefko and wrung her hands, the action looking out of place next to her scarily cute mask. "She seems to have wandered away and I don't want her to dirty her blouse. Not only that, but we can't start without her."

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”