~The Hyacinth Protocol~

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

chinara
Dwarf
Location: In the back of your mind, corrupting your sense of right and wrong

Re: ~The Hyacinth Protocol~

Postby chinara » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:39 pm

"... Hey Jeff, there's a guy approaching us."
"Looks like that. You know him, Jake?"
"Newp. Never seen him round. But damn, his clothes are sharp."
"Nah, not really. He looks too old for that."
"Like you're one to talk, Roddy! With your 400 years and still rockin' our scene."
Laughter went through the small group of punks as they eyed the approaching newcomer, lighting up a cigarette each. The smallest one, Jake, kept shifting his weight from one side to the other, his gaze always glancing at the tallest one of them. It was a fairie with an unnaturally pale green skin - there were rumours going around that he had paid tons of money for bleaching himself. As Jake looked at him, a mixture of respect and mistrust went through him.
"Say, Donny, don't you find this guy... uh..."
"Interesting?" The fairy ended the sentence for his friend, pouting a little as he thought. "Maybe. Maybe not. Let's see what he's going to do."
His kunckles cracked faintly, making the other three step back a little. Donny surely wasn't in a bright mood today. That newcomer better not be a disappointment.
Said newcomer walked up calmy on them, his gaze wandering quickly over the their faces - or was it actually fixated on the faint glow of their cigarettes? Either way, Jeff didn't like the feel the newcomer's eyes awoke. It was uncomfortable, appalling even - and so did Roddy feel. Jake, however, raised his eyebrows in curiousity, wondering what he was up to. The newcomer lifted his head a little now, looking directly at Donny. The fairie returned the gaze indifferently, taking his cigarette down and releasing the smoke slowly.
"What's up?"
"Everything and nothing."
The newcomer had put his hands into his pockets, his gaze still on Donny. "Just had a question for you."
"Then shoot. Maybe I'll answer."
Putting the cigarette back between his lips, the fairie still watched the other.
"Well... Just a small thing." The newcomer started to move one arm, shoving the coat back a little to reach a small paquet, pulling out a white and brown thin object. Flipping it once and brushing briskly over both ends, he took the cigarette between two fingers and seemed to be holding it forward slightly. "Could I have a light?" The surprised gaze he received made him smile a little. "That is, if you'd be so nice as to give me one."
"Sure thing."
Jake held up a lighter until the head of the cigarette started gleaming. A nod of appreciation came from the new one as he took the first pull, suspiciously watched by the other punks around him. Donny put down his cigarette, crossing his arms. Roddy and Jeff ware no longer in hostile postures, more in a curious one.
"What's your name?"
"Zeo."
"Interesting name."
Donny smirked, a rarity. "Almost as interesting as you."
"Thanks."
Zeo returned the smile, now turning his attention to the other punks and asking about them - and soon, they were up and talking. Much to Zeo's favor, as he had been out to distract any suspicions raised against him. Especially the LEP officers on the plaza, of whom he was sure that one was following him. Then again, it wasn't too surprising as he had had very peculiar company just a few minutes ago.
... Oh the horror of that Chipmunk-mask.

--

"Got them in my sight." Evan followed Charsi and Sam from a distance, his fingers pushing people aside. "They seem to be talking, but I can't figure out what. You don't happen to have a lip-reading program on your systems, Jessie?"
Art, Banner and Icon by me

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

"Because no one would believe his ranting about the
PaRaNOrMaL but the PaRaNOrMaL itself."
- Invader ZIM fanfic, RILZIT

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:38 am

From a somewhat hidden spot, Syd observed the people Jessie had labeled as "weirdos". While that may have been true, it made Syd feel slightly uncomfortable. Not many of her co-workers knew about her past. Jessie's words struck Syd as a personal insult even though she knew the elf didn't mean it. To answer her question...
"No, I don't recognize them."

She didn't. It had been a while since she had been in with that crowd. Certainly the members would have dispersed or even been replaced by now. But it was still the same type. Absently, Syd ran her tongue over the place on her mouth that a piercing used to be. It was a habit she had developed back when she actually had a piercing, but sometimes, when she started thinking about those days, she found herself doing it again. Of course, she hadn't had her lip ring in in years. She had been required to remove all her piercings for the Academy. The hole was probably closed by now but she had the odd urge to go home and try putting it in a gain.

Behind the visor, she blinked and sputtered. How amateur! She was spacing out in the middle of a mission! She went back to observing, but soon she was again experiencing a prick of nostalgia. They were smoking together. Tobacco was somewhat hard to come by in the Lower Elements, so cigarettes were rare and expensive. Syd had been able to afford them herself, having come from a wealthy family. Not so much after she got out on her own. The financial aspect is what caused her to quit.

So maybe it was less nostalgia and more a nicotine craving. This mission was certainly doing a number on her.

"Nothing to report here. Yet. I'll keep you posted."

--

The communicator in Merry's jean pocket buzzed with static and the sound of Sam's voice. Behind the mask, her face fell. The walky-talky function. Really? She clasped a hand to her thigh to muffle the sounds of Sam warning of her of uniformed officers. Her heart raced. The LEP were here. It could be Syd... Merry scanned the crowds, looking for her baby sister's familiar form. She was no where to be seen and Merry sighed in relief.

But the voice seemingly coming from Merry's butt (the communicator was tucked into her back pocket) got the attention of her artistic new friends. A few turned to look at her, but it was a wary sort of look. Calculating. Observing. Even behind their brightly painted masks, Merry could feel their stares. She waved her hand in greeting to them and squeaked in her baby doll voice "Hi! I'm Marigold. I'm a performer too. I thought I would come over here and see what you're doing. Maybe we can be friends! Hee hee!"

"And what exactly do you do?" asked one of her fellow performers. a sprite, crossing his arms over his chest. All heads again turned towards the petite elf in the chipmunk mask. She threw up her hands dramatically and said in an announcer's voice "Now presenting, Marigold the Magnificent and her amaaaaaaaazing acrobatic skill!"

She was, for once, thankful for her few years of gymnastics as a child. Humming a bar of circus-like music, she bent over and planted her hands on the cement. In a second, she was walking on her hands up the sidewalk. She did a back bend, a somersault and the jumped up and did a cartwheel. The cartwheel was a bit wobbly, but she ended with a back flip and threw her hands into the air.

TheMaskedOttsel
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Gwen

Postby TheMaskedOttsel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 am

Charsi laughed lightly. "Me and lying? Perfect together. Can't count the times it's gotten me out of trouble with those... less lenient than the LEP." She looked around again. "Wonder how many cameras they've got in the square near the statue..."

-----------------------

Jesper raised an eyebrow at the spectacle with the performers. "Good advice, Jessie. I certainly don't buy the masked woman's 'performer' getup." He watched her shaky cartwheel and the flamboyant flip that followed, and frowned. [b]"Doesn't look like the other performers buy it either."

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:02 am

"Not sure. Knowing LEP probably a few. I'm guessing one on every corner of the square, one on the statue," Sam explained. "I wouldn't be surprised if they're watching us now my dear Charsi." He watched the others try and blend in with a group of performers. He wished them luck silently before heading for the center of the square with Charsi. He had to push a few people aside, most gave grumbles about how rude he was. He ignored their comments. His only concern was to help Charsi with the protest.

"So, do you have what you're going to say?" He asked quietly.

---------------------------------------------------

"Jesper, keep an eye on that performer. Syd, do the same," she instructed. Jessie bit her lip before turning the attention of the cameras to two pedestrians. These two seemed normal enough to her. "Hmmm? A lip-reading program? Sure thing. Our monitors have everything." Jessie focused in on the two pedestrians. She pouted her lips concentrating hard. Once again sweat rolled down her forehead. She gasped as her eyes scanned their mouths. "I have something!" She cried. "They're talking about the cameras. It seems that the big guy is telling the girl about where the cameras are located. Get on them Evan, something's up. But be careful, the guy could packing."
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Syd resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Of course she was going to keep her eye on her target. No, no, she was going to skip off and get a hot chocolate. The mention of the cameras did pique her interest. The two normal looking fairies that had been with the punk and the performer were talking about cameras. Very suspicious, if you asked Syd. And since they were all a group, it was a safe to assume her target was also worried about cameras.

"I'm going in," said Syd. "I'm tired of waiting. We need to stop this before it goes too far."

--

The other performers gave Merry a blank, unamused look that went unnoticed behind their masks.
"You know, you're kind of weird. Forcing yourself into our group. You are even wearing a mask like ours! Are you some kind of stalker?"

Merry didn't dare say it was just a happy coincidence, which it was. Instead, she put on her best emotional, tearful voice. "N-no. It's j-just that... I've seen you guys performing and I want to be like you! Please let me join your group, just for today. I want to show you I'm good enough!"

Then she burst into fake, but believable, sobs. There was a general feeling of uneasiness amongst the animal performers. "Hey, don't...don't cry," one of them said hesitantly, holding out his hand in a comforting manner. Another performer said "Well, it can't hurt if its just for the day. Let her hang around. Maybe we'll get a few laughs."

Behind her mask, Merry smirked. And some how she was able to keep up the sobs even though they were beginning to sound suspiciously like evil laughter...

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:26 pm

"Syd, wait!" Jessie cried from her end. "I know you're a good officer and everything but I don't want anything to happen..." She knew she wouldn't be able to get through to Syd. "Fine," she said, defeated.

Jessie glanced at the punk and the performer. She watched as the performer put up a crying act. Something seemed to be up with her. The punk seemed to be normal, just standing there. She soon turned her attention to Jesper and Evan. "Okay boys, make your way to our...friends and make no sudden movements," she explained.

-------------------------------------

Sam stopped, seeing the officer come closer towards them. D'arvit. He thought to himself. He should have been a little bit more inconspicuous. He shoved Charsi forward. "Keep walking to the statue. Whatever you do start the protest," he instructed. He waited and watched the officer. If trouble happened he had no choice but to pull his weapon.

Finally some action.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:09 am

Syd waited for official permission of course. As soon as Jessies said "Fine" Syd took the first steps towards Kefko. She kept her approach relaxed, open and friendly. As if she was just walking up to remind him of a community bake sale or something like that. But there was still the tiniest hint of tension. She was beginning to coil like snake, compress like a spring... ready to jump for the buzz baton on her belt. Or the Neutrino, if the situation called for such an action.

She approached the group of punks and lifted her visor. "Afternoon, gentlemen."

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:38 pm

"Hm?" Jeff turned to Syd, frowning at the sight of the LEP officer. "What? What do you need from us?" Donny didn't care as his gaze was still directed at Kefko who he addressed as Zeo. As it seemed, he let Jeff handle it.

--

"Got it. Evan out." The elf frowned, his hand sliding behind his back and pulling out the Neutrino he had with him. Going faster, he approached his two targets, careful not to let them see his drawn weapon or his fast approach. What were they up to? Why were they moving up to the speaking corner?

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:54 pm

"I just wanted to make sure everything was all right," Syd said, keeping her voice even. "We've been having some problems with loitering and vandalism on the boulevard lately. I don't need anything from you, except for you all to keep moving so that the streets don't become crowded."

She almost added And your 'kind' discourage customers from entering the surrounding shops and restaurants but she kept her mouth shut, knowing how much such comments had made her angry.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:26 am

Sam gritted his teeth as he watched one of the officers walk towards him. He watched as Charsi headed for the statue. He felt great delight that he was able to distract the officer and keep him away from her. He went head on towards him, determination in his eyes. "Okay, big shot if you want to play with the big boys, so be it."

--------------------------

Jessie watched each camera. It seemed that Syd and Evan had their situations under control. She was still worried about Jesper, who had not responded. She took several deep breaths, reassuring herself that everything would be alright. It steadied her heartbeat.
"Brian,"
"What?"

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 am

Oh great. Just what Evan needed. Did that guy have to see him? Wonderful. Now what to do? Backing off was not an option, and randomly charging towards the other wouldn't do any good - so the elf slowed down, keeping a close eye on his target. But what about the girl? He had to get her too.
"Jess." Evan waited until they were connected. "Follow that girl with the camera - I'll need to know where she is as soon as I'm done with that one."

--

"Oh please, police officer..."
Jake shook his head. "We know what you think. We're a nuisance to you other people, because we like things you don't like. But you know what? That's intruding personal freedom. You're intruding our privacy by being so intolerant - which is a crime, d'uh - and I think you police officers don't want to meddle with laws, right?"
The others nodded, Kefko included. My, was that pleasant not to have to do anything and to let others dothe talking.

- Kraz Noirame

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:47 pm

"Roger that," Jessie replied over the mic. She turned her attention away from the others and to the girl. The girl was young and petite. One would assume that she meant no harm. But after seeing that her college seemed like the type to start a fight, Jessie didn't want to take any chances. The girl didn't seem to stop to talk with anyone else and seemed pretty determined to get to the statue, the heart of the square. But what was she up too?

"Officer, please. I mean no harm," Sam said with a smile. "My girlfriend and I were just on our way to look at the statue of Frond. Is there any harm in that?" He asked, while keeping a hand over his gun. He continued to smile and walked towards Evan. "You can search me if you wish."
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Syd knew when she'd backed herself into a corner. She knew when to shut her mouth and walk away.
That didn't necessarily mean she enjoyed it. Even when she was genuinely happy, she barely smiled. Here and now, she forced a polite smile that resembled a bear about to attack than it did a cheerful grin. When she spoke again, it was through gritted teeth.

She wanted to justify herself to them, explain that she knew how they felt and she was only trying to do her job. But she knew this man would probably come up with something to end the argument and leave her humiliated and him feeling smug because he'd pulled one over on a police officer. So she didn't.

"Carry on then, boys. Just keep the path open for others. Have a good afternoon."

She shut her visor and turned around to walk away but something was still nagging at her.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 pm

"Syd, I need you to cover the statue. I have a suspicion about the girl." Jessie leaned closer. The girl was looking over her shoulder quite a lot, like she didn't want to get caught. She gulped and came closer to the girls facial features.

---------------

Sam saw the officer not back down. He gritted his teeth. Alright, it was time for him to stop his whole Mr. Nice Guy routine. He took the officers collar and tossed him aside. He rushed over to his partner, as fast as he could. Along the way, he raised his pant leg and grabbed his neutrino. He shot into the air, the crowd dispersed.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:28 pm

"Alright, I'm on it," Syd replied. Her visor slid down silently and she started walking away from the two punks and towards the statue. She was thinking maybe, just maybe they were blowing things out of proportion now. Everyone was so on edge about the H.A.A., it was easy to turn everyone into an enemy. Maybe these were just normal people and they were projecting their anxieties onto them. At least, that was what Syd was thinking before the girl's partner whipped out a Neutrino and started shooting.

As it turns out, their suspicions were correct.

--

Back with the performers, Merry went pale under her mask. What was Sam doing!? He had completely blown the whole thing! She didn't even stick around to say goodbye to her new friends. She took off running down the street, fumbling with her communicator.

"Mr. Salieri, we have a huge problem. Sam has completely lost his mind," she shouted into the phone. She was running against the crowd. The crowd was trying to evacuate out of the place, spooked by Sam's shots. "We have to abort the mission now."

--

Syd pulled out a weapon of her own. The buzz baton was going to be of no use here, but thankfully she had a shiny new Neutrino of her own. She aimed directly at Sam and shouted "Drop the weapon and keep your hands where I can see them."

On the private channel, she called out to the other two LEP officers. "I need back-up guys. Find the rest of this guys group and arrest them."

She swung the gun around to Charsi. "You too, sweetie. Hands where I can see them."

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”