~The Hyacinth Protocol~

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

chinara
Dwarf
Location:In the back of your mind, corrupting your sense of right and wrong
Re: ~The Hyacinth Protocol~

Postby chinara » Fri May 21, 2010 11:22 pm

"Syd!" A voice called out from the opposite direction in which the obscure figures were. As it turned out, the voice belonged to Evan who was dragging Jesper along. Odd - shouldn't Jesper be the one who pulls the elf? After all, it was his duty to patrol on the town square.
The both of them approached the female, Evan waving as a greeting. "How ya doing?"

---

"... I think we have a more important issue right now. At least for the moment." Kefko whispered towards Merry. Oh God, did he feel uncomfortable with this... Clothing that actually consisted of straps and belts and what did he know, a black coat with more and more belts and - what was the word for it - punk jeans! But well, he better not let anyone realize that. Pointing briefly at Syd with a wave of his head, it was more than evident that he was uncomfortable with their current position.
"... I think that we together look a bit too... Off the normality level." He mumbled, looking around. There were people with distinctive masks, younger fairies with just the same fashion taste Kefko faked to have and stronger built ones, just like Sam. Maybe...
"Perhaps it would be better if we split up - we can remain in contact with communicators." Pausing, his glance went over Merry and Sam. "That is, if we have communicators on us?"
Art, Banner and Icon by me

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

"Because no one would believe his ranting about the
PaRaNOrMaL but the PaRaNOrMaL itself."
- Invader ZIM fanfic, RILZIT

TheMaskedOttsel
Swear Toad
Real First Name:Gwen

Postby TheMaskedOttsel » Sat May 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Charsi shrugged. "I've never had a communicator. But if anyone has an extra I can keep up with it." She cocked her head, examining Kefko's disguise. "Somehow, that look fits you rather well," she commented.

-----------------------

"Hello, Swallowtail," Jesper said with a smile. "What a coincidence, meeting you here. Evan and I were just starting a patrol." He looked around. "Something wrong? You're looking awfully high-strung."

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name:Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Sat May 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Syd lifted her visor.
"It's nothing, I think. Just a bunch of weirdos over there. It just kind of made me nervous.
She pointed to the group. "What do you make of it?"

--

"Oh, there you are, love" said Merry as she pulled out her personal communicator. "All I have is this. Kefko, don't you have one, as well? If not all of us had one, we should probably pair up. I'll give Charsi my communicator, it has Kefko's number. Since Charsi and Sam look halfway normal, you two go together. Kefko and I will stay together with his communicator. Unless that is, Sam, you have one too?
Last edited by Chitiliti on Sun May 23, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Sam pulled his own communicator from his pocket. "I'm all set doll," he replied. "But I'll keep an eye on Charsi." He slipped the communicator back. "If we do split up, then you'll need a car. Have your pick." He motioned to the back. "Just make sure you bring it back when you're done," he instructed.

He headed down the driveway once more. Sam patted his leg to make sure his gun hadn't moved from it's place. It hadn't. He slid into the drivers seat and waited patiently for Charsi.

------------------------------------------

Jessie had noticed that Jesper, Evan and Syd had joined up. "Hey guys, you guys alright?" She asked over their helmets. "Nothing strange happening?" She sat back and sipped at her coffee again. It had gone cold so she decided to stop drinking it.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 pm

"No need for a car, Mr. Mandrake. We're already here in the city center. No use in jamming the streets with more cars when we can just walk. Driving unnecessarily at a time like this is something a human would do," Merry quipped. She gave Sam a dangerous glance as he walked down the driveway. Their destination wasn't far at all. But then she was all smiles again. Thinking of all the things she would do to him if he were a human and not one of her fellow human-haters. Something in her was suspicious of him now that he had acted such a frivolous manner. Merry was spoiled rotten and had never worked a day in her life and even she understood that it was pointless to drive such a short distance. Which was part of the reason why she had planned on walking to the city center earlier this morning before Kefko had picked her up. The streets in Haven were already crowded and noisy enough without another vehicle in the lanes and Merry wanted to be as far removed from human mannerisms as possible.

If they were going to take over the world they needed to be different than what was already in place.

Even if that meant walking everywhere. She could just buy more comfortable shoes. Stylish ones of course. She would have to be pretty if she was going to be the queen of the world.
--

"We're okay, but... I don't know, this group right across the road is giving me the creeps. Especially the one in the mask. I mean, who wears a mask like that out on the streets?" Syd told Jessie. Then, she turned to Evan and Jesper. "How do you guys feel about it? Is it creeping you out too?"

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Mon May 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Evan was startled for a second when he heard Jessie's before he replied."Yes, yes we are all right, Jessie. Nothing happened, so we didn't feel like we had to report anything."With that said, he turned his attention back to the other LEP-officers. "... I'd say we should keep an eye on these guys." Evan said after looking at the group for some moments. "They seem... Odd, to say the least." His gaze turned to Jesper. "How about we follow them for a while?"

--
"... Thank you for the compliment, Charsi." Kefko replied after a while. That style? Suiting him? Blasphemy. He wouldn't have expected such a remark - then again, her and his fashion preferences were different. His glance went over Charsi, glad that Merry had picked really casual looking clothes - even if that itself was a surprise.
"... I would say that we better get going. These officers over there seem to grow suspicious of us." And as he said that, he pushed himself away from the wall, careful not to behave as he normally would. Hands in pockets, half-bored gaze, almost straight back - just like these... punks, weren't they called?, behaved. "We'll stay in touch." And with that said, he walked into the masses.

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Syd nodded once. "Right. I'll take the guy with the piercings. Jesper, you tail the chipmunk girl. Evan, you take the two normal looking ones. Lucky you. Keep in touch."
She closed her visor and zeroed in on Kefko Salieri, walking away to follow him. She still kept her distance. No need to let him know he was being followed by the police.

--

Merry watched Kefko go and then turned to Charsi and Sam.
"Keep in touch," she said cheerfully, waving her communicator. "When it's time for Charsi's speech,
she can give it at the statue of Frond. Kefko, myself and Sam can then disperse into the crowd and how should I put it... influence people
." Then she skipped away to find a group to blend into.

There was an incredibly promising looking street performance group just a few yards away.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 am

Sam placed an arm around Charsi and leaned towards her. "Look casual," he explained. He made his way through the crowd. It was busy. Something he didn't particularlly like, but duty was duty. He scanned the Center carefully. He placed a hand over his pocket, the communicator snuggly in his pocket. He wiped the sweat off. Why was he sweating? He never sweated.

------------------------------

"You guys think you can keep me posted?" Jessie asked. "Honestly..." she looked around the oops. booth. None of the others seemed to be paying much attention to her. "It's kinda boring around here. Do you think you can keep me in the loop on this one?" She asked.

She pulled up the cameras around the officers position.
"Brian,"
"What?"

chinara
Dwarf

Postby chinara » Tue May 25, 2010 11:41 pm

"Sure, I'll try to." Evan replied at Jessie's request, following the two normal looking ones with a distance. Hopefully they wouldn't notice him! "In return, do you think you can look if there are any surveillance cameras around the city center? Maybe we got lucky and one of them caught these weird guys we've just spotted."

--

Kefko walked through the crowd, trying not to shove anyone as he advanced - after all, being discreet would save him lots of nerves. He didn't want any attention, especially not from any LEP officer that might track him - at least that was to be assumed as he judged the LEP smart enough to divide in order to track suspicious figures; and so he tried to walk as casually, normally as these punks did.

- Kraz Noirame

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Funny how things work out.

This guy was perfect for Syd. She had once been in with this group. She had inside information. She used her helmet tracker to lock on to the pierced man (who looked a bit too mature to be in with this crowd, it was usually teenagers wasn't it?) as they walked through the crowded street. Unfortunately, Syd was at the disadvantage here. The people on the street were giving the uniform a wide berth. Normally this would be a good thing. But its hard to blend in when dressed in the dull green and bulky helmet. Not to mention the ugly screen strapped across her chest and LEP blaster on her hip.

She knew these punks would try avoid her at all costs. They would blame it on hatred but she knew it was fear. Fear they would be caught for something they had done, real or imaginary... fear of persecution, because when you look scary people automatically assume you must be a bad guy.

Syd continued to follow Kefko through the crowd, keeping a close eye on him, and trying to act as natural as possible. Just everyday patrol, just going to get some sim coffee. Nothing to see here, people, move along.

--

Merry sidestepped over to the group of street performers. Luck had smiled on her that these people were here. Story of her life. She got everything she wanted. Always. She didn't speak to the people, simply stood against the wall and tried to look like she belonged. Hopefully just being here would deter the police. Nothing to see here, just some street performers dancing for their supper.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

"Thanks Evan. FYI guys, I'm sending you a link to the cameras." Jessie's hands flew across the keyboard. Within minutes the feed from the cameras went to their helmets. "Focusing in." Once again her hands flew across the keys, the cameras focusing in on the crowd.

----------------------------------------

Sam noticed the others across the center. He wiped his hand again on his jeans before casually sliding it into his pocket. He looked down at Charsi. "You doing okay kid?" He asked. Why was he stuck with the new girl? It seemed that Merry and her got along well.

In the distance he saw three LEP officers. He took a breath and continued on his way, waiting for the right time to initiate the plan.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:20 am

Syd minimized the camera feed that popped up in her line of vision with a swipe of her hand. She had the target locked in as it was, she didn't need the feed. Not yet, at any rate, so she kept it open.

She was struck with a feeling of nostalgia. It felt like homesickness. Memories came flooding back, back from "the good old days". Wasn't it funny? Just a few years ago, she would have been the pierced freak being tracked by the police just because she looked like she might be getting into trouble. And Syd knew that if it had been her in this elf's shoes, she would be outraged. How dare the LEP target her just for looking different! It wasn't as if she was doing anything bad!

But Syd had a feeling... and when she had a feeling, she found, it was usually best not to second guess herself.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:00 pm

"Hey Syd, do you recognize them?" Jessie asked, looking at the feed carefully. "Maybe they're just weirdos. I mean the city is full of them. What do you guys think?" Maybe they were weirdos and proved to be no threat, but she was sometimes wrong about things. Like the time the year before.

The Year Before:

It was her first mission. Foaly wanted to see how she could handle taking care of things on her own. The suspect was simple thief. The suspect had stolen a few movies, cameras and ipods from the local technology store. Everything was going smooth at first. She had a camera feed, the officers life signs etc.

Soon they had finally got the suspect by the name Simon LeViel. She had instructed the officer to pursue. She could see the officers neutrino and Simon just ahead. Simon seemed harmless enough. Soon he stopped and turned with an evil smile on his face. Within seconds she saw Simon pull a gun, shoot it and the camera feed going out.

Back to reality:

The officers hadn't died, fortunately, but he was hurt badly. That was the last time she was able to do anything like that. Foaly had put her on IT work.
"Brian,"
"What?"

TheMaskedOttsel
Swear Toad
Real First Name:Gwen

Postby TheMaskedOttsel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:59 pm

"Of course," Charsi muttered in reply to the mechanic. "I'm thinking of what I can muster up for the speech." She looked back over her shoulder, scanning the crowd. "What happens if one of us gets nailed by one of the LEP goons?" she asked.

-----------------------------------

Jesper nodded, and when the three parted ways he quickly picked the chipmunk-masked woman out of the crowd. Following her at a discreet distance, he noticed she quickly slipped in with a group of street performers. Is she just a performer? he thought to himself. But then he thought back on the masked woman's odd company before; a man in piercings, two normally dressed people. And something about how on-edge Syd was acting let on that she didn't think they were up to any good either; he stopped and waited on the next street corner, watching her carefully from behind the visor of his helmet.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm

"Don't say anything. If they start asking questions, start lying. I hope you're good at it," Sam chuckled. "Now smile. We want to look as natural as possible. They won't suspect anything of a couple now will they?" He asked calmly. He watched the others slipped through the crowd with ease. He rolled his eyes at the masks. Masks, totally inconspicuous. He thought to himself. He guessed that what they got since they were well known. He noticed the LEP officers slowly pursuing them.

Pulling the communicator from his pocket, he raised it to his lips. "Careful, uniformed officers."

---------------------------------------------

"Stay low," Jessie commented. "These masked figures might not be what we think." She eyed them, and quickly did a scan for weapons. She found nothing. But that didn't mean they weren't armed. She took a deep breath in, her heart pumping in her chest. Sweat slowly rolled down her forehead. She leaned forward, deep in concentration.

"Jessie, what are you doing?" Foaly asked.

She jumped to her feet and turned, shutting the monitors off. "Uh...nothing. Just checking traffic. All clear in the city." She gave a smiled.

"I'm going out to get some more coffee grounds. I'll be back in a bit," he explained.

"Yes sir," she replied as she watched him leave. She wiped the sweat away and took a seat again. She turned on the monitors again.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”