Disease X

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

MiraShort
Gremlin

Re: Disease X

Postby MiraShort » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:54 am

After class it was lunch, Calli spent it as she always did: an hour of schlepping' coffee at Police Plaza tech section.
On arriving at Police Plaza Calli walked to the front desk, “Calli Kelp, reporting for lunch hour internship in tech department.”
Lili looked up, “Go ahead.”
“Thanks,” Calli responded.
Calli knew the drill, she checks in with Foaly then takes coffee to the person on helmet duty an sometimes helps them out.

“Hey, Foaly!” She said apon entering the OP booth. Foaly was nice to her, he was one of her few friends.
“Calli!” He responded, “Alright, take coffee to the kid on helmet duty and help 'er out, K? Call?”

“Got it...” Calli responded silently hoping the girl on helmet duty sent her to Foaly, but they never do, a pair of helping hands were few and far between.
After making coffee she want to the desk where helmeties (As she called the people on helmet duty) worked and said to the girl there, “Coffee from Foaly and a little help from an intern miss,” Calli said politley.
Captain Mira Short
Image HELP the poor thing!
I SNOGGED MADAME DU POMPADOUR! ~ The Tenth Doctor
A swat? ~ Malcom Raynolds
All hail starclan

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name: Pat

Postby Artimis look-alike » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:44 pm

PJ walked into LEP HQ up to the front desk to get his assignment that day. The girl at the front desk, Maple, didn't like him much, he dated her once, it didn't go well, she's still obsessed with him though. "Hey, um, I kinda need my assignment for today"
The girl looked up to him for a brief moment before stamping a paper and handing it to him.
PJ took the paper and read that he had guard duty at the Julius Root Memorial hospital. "You do know that my usual assignments are in the field right, you know, hunting down goblins and... your still angry about me breaking up with you back when I was in the academy aren't you?"
"What makes you say that?"
"THAT WAS DECADES AGO!!! Can't you let it go"
"Why, I hold nothing against you... by the way if you want a better assignment I'm free friday night"
"I am not going on a date with you Maple"
"Oh, lets call it a dinner with a friend"
"No Maple"
"With a detour to my room after"
"No Maple"
"I'll treat"
"Maple I have a girlfriend, one I love VERY deeply"
"I can love you very deeply"
"Screw it, I'll take hospital duty" PJ said walking out. The Hospital wasn't too far away so it didn't take long to get there. Hospital duty was pretty boring, it just required him to walk up and down the halls all day. He sighed as he took out the black box to look at the ring inside. "Tonight's the night" he said to himself as he went to the vending machine for a snack.
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

It wasn't until a stream of Haven sunshine burst through the blinds and straight onto Cat's eyes that she woke up, and immediately noticed two things. Firstly, that she had slept at least an hour longer than she had intended, and secondly, that there was a blanket wrapped gently over her; the first she could deal with, the latter was just embarassing. "D'arvit," she murmured to herself, standing up quickly and letting the blanket fall to the wooden floor. Obviously someone had been there since she had fallen asleep, and Catelyn just hoped it wasn't someone superior to her who would make her pay later. With a stretch of her small limbs, Cat shook the sleep from her and felt a surge of hope run through her body. Those small periods of sleep that she managed to snatch between shifts always left her feeling more rejuvinated than Cat though possible; whilst the Haven sun was shining and there were new patients to be seen to, Cat briefly forgot about the wearyness of a the night.

As Cat hovered by the surgeon's board with a cup of hot cocoa, (an indulgence of hers, which she carried on indulging in several times a day) she noticed with some frustration that four doctors were off sick that day, as were several nurses, meaning they were fairly short staffed. Not to mention that it was flu-season, winter in the Northern hemisphere, and that they'd already had several cases in the past week or so. There had been a few more deaths than usual this early on in the season, but most were old or had underlying conditions, so there was nothing to worry about.
"It's possibly a slightly stronger strain than last year," Cat commented to a nurse who was also fretting over the amount of flu patients and whether their store of antibiotics would hold. "But we've got plenty of flu vaccines and medication, as long as it's not too different from last years." Cat smiled to herself and her thoughts turned to the lab downstairs where she'd been playing around with the flu vaccine, wondering how to boost the strength of it without damaging the patient. One of the reasons Catelyn had finally decided to come to work at the Julius Root Memorial Hospital was due to research facilities available to doctors; if she could just prove that her flu vaccine could work better, she was sure she could get a grant to manfucature more of it. The problem was that it took a while to make, was fairly expensive and hadn't quite been perfected to vaccinate fully.
After making sure that she wasn't desperately needed for at least an hour or so, Cat made her way downstairs and hoped she would be able to play around in the lab for a few hours of the afternoon. As she walked down the halls towards the lab, she smiled casually at what seemed to be a passing security guard in LEP uniform; in her mood, she could afford to be friendly.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Jessie hadn't even noticed the high school student walk into the Oops. booth. She had been absorbed in her work for quite a while, wanting to be sure the helmets got done properly. As she probed one of the many helmets, her hand passed over something sticky. She pulled out her hand with a sticky, pink substance stuck between her fingers. She snubbed her nose in disgust. "Gum? Who puts gum in there helmet!" She whined.

Her first thoughts went to Grub, who was known to do things like that. Checking the information in the helmets archives, she found out that her theory was correct. She pulled the gum from her fingers and shoved it onto a piece of paper. "Grub's going to pay for that," she muttered to herself.

Jessie heard footsteps come towards her and the line: "Coffee from Foaly..." As if my instinct she reached her hand over and took the cup of steaming liquid. In mid sip, she heard the last part of the line: "...and a little help from an intern miss." She choked on her coffee and placed the cup on the counter.

Slowly, she looked up from the helmet and met the eyes of the tech rooms intern. Jessie gave a jump. So, this was how Foaly was going to get back at her. First, it was hating on her boyfriend, when she started dating. Now, it was having the intern help. She always liked having the company, but she thought she was going to do it alone. She looked across the room, the other technicians giving silent snickers. Foaly just shrugged his shoulders, before going back to his own work.

Even though Jessie didn't really want the help, she placed her pride aside and handed her a helmet. "Here, work on this one. The visor won't shut, may be a lose or broken spring. There should be spares in the corner," she explained and pointed to a box of new springs. She then returned to her own work.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm

After working diligently for two and a half hours, Jake walked tiredly over to the file cabinets and began placing the papers in their respectable folders. Others were folded on the desk and placed into envelopes to be mailed out to billing companies, managers, banks, etc… After another thirty minutes, Jake had finally placed the last envelope in the mailing box before collapsing tiredly in his chair. He sighed as he slowly leaned the chair back into a reclining position and closed his eyes. He just sat there for a few minutes, letting his burning eyes rest as he listened to the sound of swirling snow and wind. He rubbed his them before gripping the desk and pulling himself up into a standing position. He looked down at the clock which read 11:37. Jake smiled inwardly when he realized he had finished the papers in record time. He then reached down and picked up the remote, turning the mountain view back into his plain office. After replacing the remote the turned toward the door and headed out into the hallway.

He made a quick pit-stop at the restroom to relieve himself and wash his hands before heading down the stairs to the central desk on the first floor. He stopped by on the way to the desk to check the punch-in card and noticed something odd. Several doctors and nurses who were rarely absent or late had failed to come to work that day. “Four doctors and three nurses,” he thought to himself. “Where the heck is everyone today?” He shoved the card back into the slot and strode over the desk to talk with the secretary. Jill quickly noticed the irritated manner in which Jake walked and hurriedly shut down the solitaire game on her computer while bringing up the patient information charts.

“Jill, do you know where everyone is today?” Jake asked in aggravation.
Jill quickly answered without hesitating. When the boss was in this kind of mood it was best not to keep him waiting while you stammered around for an answer. “Several of the doctors and nurses have called in sick, sir. Apparently they were experiencing some flu like symptoms and decided it was best not to take a chance on the patients behalf.”
“But they already got their flu vaccinations did they not?” Jake asked impatiently.
“yes sir, it’s required for all medical staff to receive the vaccination.”
“Then how in the hell did they catch the flu?”
“perhaps it’s a different strain, sir?”
“damnit, just what we need, another strain of the flu to deal with.” He paused for a moment, thinking. “Come to think of it, hasn’t Eric been out with the flu for a while as well?”
“For about a week,” Jill confirmed.
“Dial Eric and hand me the phone.” he ordered her. Jill quickly grabbed for the communicator, connected Jake to Eric’s home phone and handed it to him. Jake waited for the Eric to pick up, his foot tapping impatiently as he waited. Finally, after the fourth ring Eric picked up the phone.
“Hello?” Said an out of breath and raspy voice on the other end of the phone.
“Eric, it’s your boss, Jake. How are you getting along with the flu?”
“Not good… sir.” He said as he took a shallow breath in the middle of the sentence. “I’ve been… using the medications… but… the symptoms… just keep… getting worse.”
“How do you mean Eric?” Jake asked worriedly, all his annoyance had disappeared when he heard Eric’s voice. “He sounds bad, really bad.” Thought Jake as he listened to him struggle to put his sentences together.
“My temperature… has just… kept… going up… despite… the fever… medications… you’ve… given me… and… I’m having… extreme… difficulty… taking… any deep… breaths… or… talking.” He was hyperventilating by the end of his sentence, gasping weakly to draw air into his lungs. “I… can’t eat… or… drink… either.”
Jake had heard enough. “Alright Eric, I want you to come and stay in the hospital until this thing blows over. Don’t worry about driving here either. I’m sending an ambulance to come pick you up right this second.” he jabbed his finger at Jill and then jabbed it toward the ambulance bay. Jill jumped up and ran to an ambulance.
“Doc… don’t worry… about… it…, I’ll… be… fine…”
“Bull sh!t Eric, you’re not fine and you know it.” Jake talked sternly into the phone. “You are coming to this hospital weather you like it or not.” He heard the clatter of metal on wood as Eric’s communicator fell to the floor. “Eric?” Jake paused for moment. “ERIC?” He yelled into the phone. “Sh!t,” he said as he threw it onto the desk, already on sprinting to the ambulance. He yanked open the passenger door and jumped into the seat, quickly buckling himself in. “What are you waiting for?” he said to Jill.
“What about Catelyn, we need another doctor.”
“We don’t have time to wait on another doctor.” said Jake as he turned on the lights and sirens. “Drive!” He yelled at Jill.
Jill immediately pressed down on the accelerator, shooting out of the ambulance bay and onto the main highway. A series of horns blared as drivers swerved to avoid the speeding ambulance. “Go straight to Eric’s house and don’t stop for anything.” He ordered her. “What the hell kind of flu is this.” He thought as he pondered Eric’s symptoms. Jake took his communicator and immediately dialed the hospital, waiting for one of the doctors or nurses to pick up. He glanced over at the clock. It read 12:19.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:32 pm

PJ walked up and down the hall, not seeing any doctors but the one he saw that morning. "Huh I thought there'd be more doctors in the hospital" He chuckled as he drank his soda. All of the sudden a doctor ran past him shoving him to the side. "Geeze, not even an excuse me, he's not even heading to a patients room, only thing down there is the exit" he told himself as he walked down the hall. As he walked down the hall he heard a loud beeping from down the hall. He ran down the hall to a patients room, the patient's heart had just stopped. "Dar'vit" he said running in scavenging through the draws. "Come on come on...." he said as he went through the draws. He finally found the defibrillators. He took one quickly and shocked the person. The heartbeat came back at that moment. "Thank god... Where the hell are the doctors?"

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:41 am

(OCC - if my posts are too long please tell me)

Jake sat, fidgeting impatiently in the passenger seat as the ambulance raced through intersections and over bridges toward Eric’s house; the wailing siren and flashing lights assaulting the senses. His worry for his colleague overtook his mind as he urged Jill to go faster and faster until they were traveling at nearly 125 mph. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the ambulance screeched to a halt outside a small, red brick one-story house. He turned to Jill.
“I want the equipment ready by the time I get back and not a second later. Do you understand me?” He commanded in firm but anxious tone.
Jill quickly nodded as she hopped out of the ambulance; running quickly around the back where she began to ready the equipment.
Jake yanked the ambulance door open and jumped out of the door. “On second thought,” he thought as he reached for the bio suite encased in a small drawer in the side of the ambulance. He quickly suited up. “Better safe than sorry.” He thought to himself. He then grabbed the other suite and ran it over to Jill.
“Put this on.” He ordered. “This flu strain is impervious to our vaccines and I don’t want anyone else catching it.”
Jill nodded obediently.

Jake quickly zipped up the suite and sprinted toward the door. He grabbed the handle and tried to open it but found it to be locked. “Damn it! Come on!” He said as he jiggled the doorknob madly. He took a step beck and kicked at the door with all his strength. The door splintered where the lock met the door frame and banged open into the wall beyond. A piercing alarm immediately filled the air. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” He said as he rushed into the house. On the wall next to him was the alarm pad with the key code. He drew back his arm and elbowed it as hard as he could, crushing the alarm box. While it got rid of the alarm, a signal would still be transmitting to the LEPrechon office. He knew he only had moments to get in a get Eric before the Police were swarming all over the place. By the time Jake explained the situation with the police and got Eric back to the ambulance it would probably be too late; if it wasn‘t already. He ran past the kitchen, bathroom and living room before arriving at the bedroom. Here was a sight even a trained doctor like Jake wasn’t entirely prepared for. Eric lay slumped on the ground. His normal, tan pallor had transformed to a ghostly white and his skin looked like dried parchment; cracked and crinkled. His body had been transformed into a shell of the man it had once held. His chest remained still and unmoving and a thin layer of white foam coated his lips. “Dear lord.” Jake said as he stared, immobilized at the sight of his friend. Jake quickly shook himself out of his daze and ran to the body. He quickly and effortlessly lifted Eric’s body into his arms. “Oh my God,” thought Jake. “He’s skin and bones”

Jake raced out of the house with Eric’s limp and lifeless body in his arms. The ran to the back of the ambulance where Jill was waiting at the door in a bio suite. Jake jumped up onto the ambulance and laid Eric’s body down on the stretcher. When she saw Eric’s body, Jill turned pale and had to lean up against the wall for support.
“Oh my God… Eric… Oh my God… Oh my God…” Jill said repeatedly as she stood, frozen in shock.
Jake ignored Jill as he tore Eric’s button-up shirt off. He reached immediately for the electrodes and pealed off the safety coating, slapping them on Eric’s chest. “Charging!” Said Jake as he pressed the charge button on the panel. “Clear!” He said as he pressed the discharge button after the charge bar reached full. 350 volts arched across Eric’s chest, jolting his body up off the stretcher before it came back down. Jake reached down and placed his fingers on Eric’s neck, feeling for a pulse. “Come Eric, Come on.” He said anxiously when didn’t feel a pulse. Jake repeated the process, increasing the voltage. “Charging! Clear!” 700 volts coursed through Eric’s chest. Jake felt his neck once again for a pulse. Feeling none, he once again increased the voltage on the defibrillator. “Damn it, come one Eric, You can make it. Charging! Clear!” 1200 volts arched through his chest. Jake felt desperately for a pulse. “Come on , Eric.” He finally felt a weak but steady pulse as his heart once again forced blood through his arteries and veins. Eric’s body shook as he took a ragged breath but didn’t regain consciousness. Jake immediately wrapped a tourniquet around Eric’s arm and inserted a hypodermic needle directly into his vein. He then attached a tube from the needle to a saline solution on hanging from the side of the ambulance which immediately began to pump nutrients and water into his body. He then grabbed an oxygen mask and slid it over his mouth and turned the knob on the canister to full.

In the distance Jake could hear police sirens sounding as they raced toward the house. Jake quickly strapped Eric’s body down to the stretcher. He then looked over to Jill who was still frozen, her arm still supporting her.
“Jill,” said Jake in an attempt to bring her out of her stupor. “Jill, hey, come on Jill.” He walked over to her and shook her shoulders. “Jill! Snap out of it!”
“Huh… yeah, I mean… I’m fine.” She said as he came out of her daze.
“Come on Jill I need you to call the hospital and explain the situation.” He said to her. However, her gaze was staring at Eric’s body. “Jill… Jill, what is it?”.
She pointed in the direction of Eric’s stomach and said, “Sir, what is that?”
Jake immediately looked to where her finger was pointing. There, on Eric’s navel, was a large white pustule at least two inches in diameter that bulged out of his skin. Jake stared at the anomaly in horror. Fear filled his eyes as he stared at it. Outside tires screeched as the police cars slid to a stop outside the house. He looked to Jill. “Go tell the Police what happened and immediately order a bio crew to quarantine this house.” Jake saw her hesitate. “Go now, I’ll be out in a moment.” Jill nodded and headed out the door to confront the police. Jake stared at the pustule in mounting fear. “Whatever this is,” he thought. “It sure as hell isn’t the flu.” It was then that he began to think about the other flu cases that had been taking hold of the Haven and realized the immensity of what was on his hands. He pulled out his communicator and called the hospital lab. He had to tell Catelyn about what was happening. “God help us.” he thought as the phone rang.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

MiraShort
Gremlin

Postby MiraShort » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Calli quietly took the helmet and looked it over. She walked over to the bin used a spring to clear the worst of the grit then tested it, it didn't work.
Calli walked over to a tool bin a took a scraper and then got rid of all the grit. She tested it, it could move but not on its own.
Calli walked back to the spring bin and replaced the springs. She tested it, it worked!
“That took forever,” Calli muttered on her way back to the helmet desk.
“Now that I'm done, I'll clear off,“ Calli says putting the helmet down.
Captain Mira Short
Image HELP the poor thing!
I SNOGGED MADAME DU POMPADOUR! ~ The Tenth Doctor
A swat? ~ Malcom Raynolds
All hail starclan

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:31 am

Jessie let the girl leave. It gave her time to do some of her own thinking. She paused to take a drink of her coffee, placing the helmet on the desk. She wondered what her date would consist of. Would they do her usual thing? Dinner, then a walk through the city. Or would it be something more romantic? She bit her lower lip in thought, a habit she had gotten into after she stopped wearing her foil hats.

Her stomach growled. She realized that she had forgotten to take her lunch break. She pushed back from the desk and got to her feet. "Going out to lunch," she called to Foaly, as she headed for the door. She had left before he could say anything.

She rushed down the hall to the plaza cafeteria. It was still filled with officers, who decided to take an extended lunch. She rolled her eyes as she entered the line. It was a slow line. As she made her way through, she grabbed herself a small salad and a soft drink. She wasn't much of a lunch eater. She paid quickly and took a seat at the center of the room. Jessie took a long sip of her soda and took a bite of her salad.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 am

Catelyn had been in the lab for barely an hour when her cell rang, the shock of the loud ringtone making her almost spill the vial she was holding. She carefully navigated her work back into the safey of its containers, and then finally took her phone out of her pocket; at this point she realised it wasn't her phone, but the hospital communicator and it was her boss on the phone. "D'Arvit," she muttered for the second time that day and answered quickly.
"Dr. Lilan, I'm just in the lab-" she started, before being interrupted by a fast-talking and seemingly worried Jake, as he briefed her on the situation and the sickness of one of her colleagues. "White pustules? Sounds like a variant of an old human disease I studied above ground, it could be pretty damn contagious." Cat paused and looked around the lab with an apparant calm that she did not entirely feel inside. "But I'm more worried about the flu symptoms - if it's a new strain of the flu virus, even if it just has some charataristics of the virus, then it could be constantly shifting, constantly changing so our immune systems can't battle it." Of course, most of this would probably have applied to Dr. Lilan already, he was the head of the hospital, but Cat's ideas were coursing through her now and she couldn't stop them. "I'll try to get the patients evacuated, but I don't think the council will allow us to do that unless we can prove that the disease is deadly and contagious enough for them to spend all that money." With that she hung up, and with a last glance her work on the lab table, she ran up the stairs.

Catelyn sprinted down the hall next to the lab, and nearly ran into the LEP officer she had seen earlier. "We need to evacuate this wing of the hospital," she told him urgently, "Take them to the West Wing, next to the neurology department. And we'll need a bio quarantine crew for this part of the hospital. Can you do that?" Without waiting for an answer, she carried on through that part of the hospital, spreading the message on and eventually came to a standstill at the back entrance of the hospital, where the ambulances came through. On her way, Catelyn had picked up the few bio-suits she could find and quickly zipped herself up, and then took one with her to give to Jake. If this was as bad as it sounded, he'd need it.

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:08 pm

After quickly briefing Catelyn about the situation he placed the communicator down on the counter and jumped outside to help Jill with the LEP. Jill was trying in vain to explain the situation to the lieutenant in charge of the current excursion to the house but he was ignoring her pleas to call in a bio crew. “the idiots haven’t even put on their emergency bio suites.” He thought with obvious agitation.
“Why should we waster our resources on a case of the flu?
“You don’t understand,” said Jill. “This flu is unlike anything we’ve ever seen, it’s extremely degenerative and it almost killed a full-grown and healthy pixie.”
The lieutenant looked down on her with an arrogant look. “I think you’re just overreacting. He probably has a weak immune system or something. It’s no reason to bring in an entire bio crew just because one pixie’s body can’t battle a virus.”
Jake had had enough of this arrogant prick. He quickly unzipped the bio suite so he wouldn’t contaminate the officer and stalked over to him. “Come here.” He growled. He grabbed the pixie by the cuff of his shirt and dragged him over to the back of the ambulance, ignoring his threats and protests along with the dozen or so neutrinos that were now pointed straight at his back. He swung the pixie around so he was in front of him and shoved his face against the pane of glass that looked in on the back of the ambulance. His cries of protest immediately stopped and his body stiffened as he looked in on Eric’s body.
“Oh,” was all he could say as he looked in on the scene.
Jake turned the pixie around and looked him straight in the eye, both of his hands gripping the front of his shirt. “Now, you listen to me.” He said with venom dripping from his voice. “You go and tell your crew to suite up in the bio suites and call in the damn bio crew or else I will ensure that your ass gets demoted down to traffic duty. NOW!” He yelled at the pixie hesitated.
“Ye-yes sir.” Stuttered the pixie as he nodded quickly.
“Good.” Said Jake, pushing the pixie toward his crew. He watched the LEP crew hurry to put on their emergency bio suites. “Idiot.” he said as he watched the pixie talking rapidly into his communicator. He walked over to his bio suite and put it back on before motioning for Jill to return to the ambulance. Jake climbed into the driver’s seat and waited for the bio crew to show up before racing back to the hospital.

When he arrived at the hospital he drove straight into the decontamination chamber. He quickly hopped out of the ambulance and closed the vacuum sealed door behind him . The decontamination chamber was a large, clear plastic room. Attached to the wall, roof and floor at strategic intervals were nozzles which, when activated would spray an anti bacterial/viral foam. The foam would completely incase anything in the room before dissolving in the air; another one of Foaly’s brilliant inventions. He quickly opened all the doors of the ambulance so everything could be decontaminated. He walked over to the control panel and activated the nozzles. Jake waited until everything had dissolved before moving into the back of the ambulance. He unhooked the stretcher from the floor and turned on the magnetic hover pads. He then hovered the stretcher over to the door which lead to an encased corridor. The corridor was isolated from the outside world and would keep any bacterium out of the rest of the hospital. He turned to Jill.
“Go ahead and go into the hospital and help Catelyn move the rest of patients into the quarantine hall. I’ll be there to help in a few moments.”
“Yes sir”. Jill walked over to a separate door and entered the hospital.

Jake pushed Eric through the other door and down the hall into one of 20 quarantine chambers that had been built into the hospital. He quickly transferred Eric to a hospital bed where he removed his clothes and covered him in a light robe-like garment worn by hospital patients. Next, he removed the saline drip that was currently hooked to the catheter in his arm and replaced it with a permanent saline drip. He then took two Nasal Canola Oxygen Tubes, placing them around his ears before feeding them into his nose. Next he placed two electrodes on his chest. These electrodes were connected to a heart machine which would monitor his pulse rate and blood pressure. A small needle had also been placed on the electrodes which would enter the blood stream and monitor his oxygen blood levels, red blood cell count and white blood cell count. Next, Jake placed two electrodes on his head to monitor his brain activity, inserted a catheter into his bladder, connected it to bag located on the side of the bed, and placed a stool container under the hole in the bed. Finally, he filled a glass vial with Eric’s blood to be studied in the lab and stood back to look at the monitor readings. “His heart rate is weak but steady. Brain activity is normal. Blood pressure is a little low but that’s nothing to worry about and his red and white blood counts are normal.” Jake placed his hand on Eric’s arm. “Hang in there my friend.” Jake strode back into the decontamination room where he stripped from his bio suite and activated the foam once again before heading back into the hospital to help with the patient transfer.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:49 pm

The little watch on Jessie's wrist buzzed, signaling the end of her lunch break. Groaning, Jessie got to her feet, put her lunch dishes in the appropriate bins and left. She wondered what PJ was doing as she entered the Oops. booth. The entire room was crowded around one of the small screens. Curious, she walked over to take a look; besides the helmets could wait.

Jessie pushed her way through to the front of the crowd. On a the small screen was a live feed of the hospital. In the corner the name read PJ. Her heart raced as the feed showed doctors and nurses scrambling through the halls. Something was wrong. She placed her hands on the counter and leaned forward.

"Why hasn't anyone told him to get out of there?!?" She yelled. "Or at least get a run-down of what's happening there. People could get hurt. PJ...." she stopped herself before completing the sentence. "The officer could get hurt," she corrected.

"He's fine. A tough guy this one," she heard one of her comrades say. "I'm betting he'll last a few hours."

"I take you up on that bet!" Cried another. The room soon filled with yells and cries of the technicians betting.

Jessie rolled her eyes in disgust and stepped onto the counter. She raised her arms. "Okay! All of you leave! There's nothing to see here!" She snapped. Sometimes the other technicians acted like such swear toads. She watched as the group dispersed and got off the counter.

She turned to the monitor and pressed the mic button. "PJ, becareful," she said before returning to her own work.
"Brian,"
"What?"

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Jake walked straight to Catelyn who presented him with another bio suite. The slipped it on quickly before going to work moving the patients into the quarantine room. He couldn’t help but notice that the number of patients in the hospital with flu symptoms had increased dramatically. “Whatever this is,” he thought. “It’s fast, deadly, and we have no way to stop it.” With that thought on his mind, a stone mask replaced his face as he blocked out the emotions he felt as he pushed the patients to their new rooms. He ignored all questions and protests in an attempt to become insensitive to the situation. He knew full well that it was possible that most of these people would die and knew it was better not to get attached to a patient. Years ago, he had had the privilege of the being the doctor of and intelligent, funny, and caring patient. His name had been Gary; tall, blonde hair, blue eyes with an innocent face. Even after all these years he could still picture his face in his mind, hear his laugh, see his smile. They became best friends and then he was diagnosed with a rare but terminal disease. Jake watched in horror as his friend’s body wasted away until one night when he heard the monitor emit the shrill note that signaled his death.

His mask cracked momentarily as he was moving one of the patients. This one was a young boy, no older than 20. His eyes were widened with fear and his breath came in shallow gasps. Jake’s mask shattered. He reached his hand down and placed it on the shoulder of the young boy and said, “hey, everything’s going to be ok.”
The boy looked up at him with wet eyes. “Where are you taking me? Where’s my mom?
“We’re just taking you to a new room to make you more comfortable and your mom is waiting for a few minutes in the lobby. She’ll be here as soon as she can.” Jake smiled down at the young boy.
“You promise?”
“I promise.” said Jake as he wheeled the boy into the quarantine room.
“I’m going to pick you up on the count of three and move you into this other bed. Ok?”
“Ok.”
Jake placed one arm under his legs and the other under his back. “Ready?” The little boy nodded. “One… two… three.” Jake picked him up and gently set him down on the bed where he hooked up all the monitors.
“Could you bring me some food? I’m getting hungry.” said the little boy as he looked up a Jake.
“Sure. What would you like? Some Macaroni?”
The little boy nodded.
“Ok it’ll be here in a few minutes.” Jake then involuntarily reached down and wrapped his hands around one the little boys. “Take care of yourself. Ok?”
“I will,” said the little boy.
Jake walked out of the room. A single tear had left his eye, trailed down his cheek and dripped off his chin. He quickly replaced his stone mask but this time it was a little bit harder to put on.

After all the patients had been moved, Jake called in the macaroni order and went into the lobby to find the little boys mother. She had questions about why he was being moved into quarantine but Jake told her that is was just a precaution and then led her to her son. He walked away and went down into the lab. He took out the glass vial that held Eric’s blood and placed a few drops of it in a separate glass vial connected to a computer. The computer would run through all the medical databases in search of related diseases. Next, he placed a few drops on a glass slide and placed it under a high powered microscope. After focusing the microscope lens he began to immediately search for the virus cells. They weren’t hard to find. There were literally thousands of the little cells attaching themselves to Eric’s blood cells, transferring their DNA throughout the system. He quickly placed the slide in a separate computer which would tell him all he needed to know about the virus. He then sat down and waited as each computer did it’s work.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:43 am

Catelyn knew that the sight of the bio-suits distressed the patients; she could see the panic well up in their eyes and that look of hope vanished as they realised this wasn't just a drill. Already half of the ward was full, and there would no doubt be many more before the night was out. Whatever it was, it was spreading fast. So far, they couldn't confirm that anyone had died of this particular illness, or at least that was what Catelyn had said to the press who had gathered outside. With Dr. Lilan busy with the patients, Cat had taken it on herself to deal with them, a choice which she soon regretted.
"But is it true that the whole hospital has been quarantined? That several doctors have been infected?"
"Sir, only one ward has been quarantined, and it is possible that there doctors amongst those suffering, but it is nothing to worry about," Cat tried to convince them, for the millionth time. Before they could ask anymore questions, she signalled towards one of the LEP officers standing at the entrance to the hospital and he escorted her back inside, keeping the reporters at a distance.

The entrance hall of the hospital was surprisingly empty, with everyone either busy in the quarantine wing or staying safely in their rooms. Catelyn's bio-suit lay on one of the chairs in the waiting area, as she'd felt that had the reporters seen in, they would have gone mental and within ten minutes there would have been a riot in the city. She fingered the smooth exterior of the suit and then lowered herself into the chair beside it, letting exhaustion take hold of her for a few minutes. Already synthetic moon shine was lighting up the entrance hall where Catelyn sat, an almost full moon mirroring the moon above ground. For a moment she felt such a longing to escape this pandemic, to retreat up to the surface and make herself a small, idyllic paradise and just live the rest of her life there. But before this idea could even really catch hold, she was brought back to reality when the shrill cry of a young child pierced through the hospital from the quarantine room. "My place is here," she murmured to no one in particular.

Catelyn opened the lab doors to find Jake there, staring at the computer screen with eyes that were desperate for some sort of answer. "Dr. Lilan," she announced herself and put her bio-suit on a chair, too tired to worry about whether this was safe or not. "Have you found anything? Is it really something like the flu?" Across the table from the computers, the vials she had been experimenting with earlier still stood to attention, in tidy orders with neat labels on each. "I was looking to make a stronger vaccine against the flu," Catelyn said, simply so she could say something and take her mind off what was happening. "When I was researching on the surface I read about the terror of the flu virus sweeping over countries, like the Spanish Influenze. So when I got back here I just started playing around with the vaccines." She stopped herself there and let out a shrill laugh, one without humour. "I guess it doesn't make a difference now though. It didn't even work when I was testing it." Cat glanced around the room, her favourite place in the entire hospital and now even this place seemed to have become infected with the misery of the rest of the world.
After a few more moments of silence Catelyn spoke again. "Jake," she started and then stopped again. "Someone's died of it in the hospital. I think a few others aren't far off from it either."

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:33 pm

PJ helped with the quarantine, it wasn't that hard. When he looked outside the window he saw tons of reporters outside, all crowding the hospital, he chuckled wondering what the bets were on him thus far. He was in the lobby and saw two doctors chatting in the corner, he wanted to ask them what the heck was going on but decided against it, wasn't worth the trouble. But they sure as hell didn't need these blood sucking reporters getting in the way. He smirked as he took out his neutrino, 'Jessie is gonna kill me tonight' he thought chuckling. He then walked outside and shot several shots into the air. "A'right, anyone who isn't here to help in the hospital will be shot if they do not vacate the premesis within the next twenty seconds" He said looking at all the reporters, none of them daring to move. "One" he said which was quickly followed by the reporters fleeing the area. Chuckling, he walked back inside the hospital's lobby. "That was fun" he said grabbing a seat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Several of the technicians and Lep officers still listening to the news cheered as the reporters ran away. "Ha, I think you all owe me money" said the one who bet PJ would come outside guns a blazing and threaten to kill all of the reporters if they didn't leave. The others groaned handing him the money.

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”